Author Topic: Rune Factory Frontier  (Read 121140 times)

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
Re: Rune Factory Frontier
« Reply #200 on: September 05, 2009, 01:16:29 PM »
Earlier today I made the mistake of re-entering the boss room in the Green Ruins, only to nearly get killed by a higher-level Monster Cock.  He was dealing serious damage to me and summoning lots of smaller egg-throwing cocks.  I changed up my tactics and Fire Rod'd him from careful distances, and survived.  At least they offered the full stash of spoils for defeating him again.

Also did some hippie work, redistributing Runeys and bringing back some balance to the ecosystem.

I made a similar mistake..

Went in thinking "oh i'm a much higher level now, this'll be a peice of cake" and went in with minimal health items.. hot damn. My original strategy was to fire rod him to death anyway, which I did, and so the same strategy held true this time. Luckily the few food items I did have incread my Fire Power (literally) but not much in the health department. This is where my brains light bulb went on and I thought "****, i know!"

My first time fighting Mr. Monster Cock I got 2 level ups by attacking the mini-cocks (the vienna sausage of this particular monster lair) just because they were in my way. I decided to just drag this battle out for the long hall; attack the boss with fire blasts until i had minimal RP, then run around until he laid eggs and attacked those with my sword before they hatched. Rinse and repeat and before long my HP and RP were restored with another level up and i destroyed the beast. GO ME!

As for runey work.. ugh I gotta get on that. I've ignored it for far too long and went from having such a propsperous summer to a dead winter. Seriously, 4 sections have runeys extinct wtf!
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 06, 2009, 10:08:43 PM »
Earlier today I made the mistake of re-entering the boss room in the Green Ruins, only to nearly get killed by a higher-level Monster Cock.  He was dealing serious damage to me and summoning lots of smaller egg-throwing cocks.  I changed up my tactics and Fire Rod'd him from careful distances, and survived.  At least they offered the full stash of spoils for defeating him again.

Also did some hippie work, redistributing Runeys and bringing back some balance to the ecosystem.

Just wait 'til you beat the main quest. All the bosses go completely insane. I'm at level 99, and even the cockatrice makes me pay attention through the whole fight. The Ice Dungeon boss...:-(

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #202 on: September 07, 2009, 01:50:17 AM »
You're so ahead of me.  It's like you've been playing since 2005.

D=
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 07, 2009, 12:25:35 PM »

Just wait 'til you beat the main quest. All the bosses go completely insane. I'm at level 99, and even the cockatrice makes me pay attention through the whole fight. The Ice Dungeon boss...:-(

Me or Noname?? Cuz he's so far ahead of me its not funny lol. I heard once the mainquest is completed all the bosses take steroids, that should be fun though!

You know, one thing I rarely mention in this thread is just how good the sound track is. Aside from maybe one track I've heard so far (the theme that plays on Holidays where festivals take place, sounds like a march) everything is awesomely catchy and sets the mood perfectly. Do either of you (cuz there's only 3 of us awesome enough to be part of this thread after all) know where I can attain this games soundtrack? By legit means or "other" I don't really care, just PM me any info you might have.
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 07, 2009, 04:01:17 PM »
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 04:07:07 PM by Stratos »
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 08, 2009, 12:02:08 PM »
LMGTFY ;)

This insolence is why you were demoted from BIFF status (i think). Of course I tried a google search, and clicked almost every single thing I was linked too but no luck.

Back to the game updates:

A storm hit me mid winter and I used the day to toil in my lab until I nearly died, then went to bed. The next morning I didn't think to check my field because without crops to destroy, there's nothing to worry about. I have the monsters in my barn helping breaking the daily rocks, harvesting lumber and wild grass that grows so i'm good right? Wrong.

^Farm Pwnage

Aside from that atrocity, I've done a lot of progress lately, in the storyline to  boot! Yep, not only did I make it past the first floor of the Snow Ruins (previously, the first room of the second floor would kill me) but made it to the boss room!... sorta!

Turns out there was a mid-boss that I woulda fought but fortunetly I was able to skip (I wasn't prepared anyway) the whole thing and watch a cutscene instead, all because of my charm ;) The downside of this, besides leveling up more than I already have just trying to survive down there (Lvl: 41, **** yeah), is a certain character in my game has gone MIA a few weeks before our date :( Hopefully I can get her back/complete the storyline before the date.. if not I'll settle for before Winter ends. If so, my personal goal will be complete!.. sorta ;)

I hoped to get all the dungeons done before then too but its not looking likely since the last two bosses (i know of) are going to be impossible to beat at my current level.. oh well.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 12:27:17 PM by EasyCure »

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #206 on: September 08, 2009, 01:44:31 PM »
How are you liking this purchase?  Game of the Decade?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 08, 2009, 01:58:04 PM »
EasyCure...you missed it. Hold your mouse over the link...there you go! ;)
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 08, 2009, 02:04:40 PM »
How are you liking this purchase?  Game of the Decade?

Every penny I spent on this game has been worth it in the value of the entertainment to be had for YEARS to come.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #209 on: September 08, 2009, 06:06:30 PM »
RORICON FACTORY FRONTIER is the new defintion of value.

I could stare at Swimsuit Anette and say "wow, this game was worth it."

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #210 on: September 08, 2009, 06:21:15 PM »
RORICON FACTORY FRONTIER is the new defintion of value.

I could stare at Swimsuit Anette and say "wow, this game was worth it."

Speaking of that, I can't wait for Summer to roll around again and see half the girls in the "Cute Bathing Suits" I crafed for them. Only a matter of time before my skill level rises and I can make the sexy "AMAZING" bathing suit for bikini-clad goodness. I'm trying to get my LP with Eunice up so she can go on that fucking diet already and be on the beach with everyone else, too.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #211 on: September 08, 2009, 07:49:50 PM »
"I'm trying to get my LP with Eunice up so she can go on that fucking diet already and be on the beach with everyone else, too."

You've finally learned YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 08, 2009, 08:41:28 PM »
I can't send you links to pirated music, or even a method of getting whatever songs you want yourself!

That would be wrooooooong....>_>   <_<    >_>

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 09, 2009, 08:56:21 AM »
^No need, I think I found what I'm looking for, unlike stupid Bono.

I played RFF some more yesterday and made a little progress regarding my tools! In a quick trip to the Lava Ruins in an attempt to start clearing some of the feilds on the lower floors, I realized I no longer have to run away from this dungeons monsters. At my current level of 42, even the most intimidating looking monsters are pushovers when facing my Icifier blade! I was able to defeat some red demon looking creature and acquire A "Glittering Edge" at long last. I used it to craft myself a "Mountain Axe" which, according to the info, is Paul B. approved ;thumbs up:

I also realized I had the ingredients to craft a "Super Sickle," for uneven cutting power! And at least one other tool that I can't recall at the moment... dang! I know I "wasted" my ONE peice of Platinum on making a wristwatch, but seeing as how it gave me a pretty good boost with my Attack, defense and magic which lead to my survival in the depths of the Snow Ruins (and pwnage of the Lava Ruins), its all good! Without being able to survive in the Snow Ruins, the likelyness of me acquiring any more platinum would be slim, so it really does work out well. I'll just pretend it was Strategy ;)

God this game is awesome.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 09, 2009, 09:44:53 PM »
Sounds assome
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #215 on: September 10, 2009, 12:26:30 AM »
It's so nice graphics, I love them. I will upgrade them for my Nintendo DS Lite from http://www.accessorygeeks.com/nintendo-ds-lite-accessories.html;D

You can help me upgrade MY ASS.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 10, 2009, 10:28:21 AM »
Everyone should upgrade to a shiny metal ass! You'll need the Master Forge and 1 peice of Platinum, 2 peice scrap metal and at least a level 60 in your forging skills.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #217 on: September 10, 2009, 02:13:34 PM »
I feel torn when I play games other than this one.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 10, 2009, 03:13:53 PM »
I feel torn when I play games other than this one.

Do what I do and pretend one of the following:

a. You're 'Raguna' and you're just taking a day off from your chores to sit at home and play videogames (to increas your Gaming level).

b. You're 'Raguna' and (insert girl of your choice here) and you are having a couples fight. You need video games to blow off some steam before going back and giving her fish.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 14, 2009, 12:43:55 PM »
Bittersweet update: (I'll try to leave spoilers out)

The next time I fire up my Wii and click on RFF, I'll be playing the New Years Eve festival, and I have everything prepared for the start of spring; plenty of cabbage and potato seeds, plenty of monster pets to help out on the farm, plenty of high level tools. It should be a joyous occasion, after all my house is completely furnished (All furniture and equipment, second floor bedroom with a large bed, fancy curtains and a nice painting from Lute), I'm hitting level ups left and right (i'm at 52 now), half of the eligible girls are in love with me (8LP) and I've got plenty of money to retire on.. aka I don't have to harvest **** and can just spend more time dungeon crawling and monster beating. So why am I bummed out?

Well, to be frank.. I'm just TOO good. No seriously.
If I wasn't, I wouldn't be in this stupid situation I'm in:

A few updates ago, I mentioned that I was finally able to get past the second floor of the Snow Ruins and make it to the 3rd (or is it 4th?) where I encountered a would-be boss I didn't have to fight. (By the way, I didn't have to fight this boss cuz I'm just that good) This turned out to be a key point in the games storyline, which was finally progressing for me. However, this all happened a day or two After I agreed to go on a date with a certain character at the end of the month.. that character now went missing as part of the storyline.

The same day as I asked this character out, a second character had left town for her own personal reasons, and returns to Trampoli only once a week, on Holidays. Turns out this is an event I have to go thru with her before I can actually marry her. Again, this goes back to me just being that good.

So now, I have two characters absent from town, and I'm nearing the end of the first year. Part of the storyline event involves me giving a certain item to all the eligible girls in town and returning to them a few days later to recieve something back. Obviously I can't give one to the missing girl, but the girl that left town temporarily is (obviously) no where to be found during this and the end of Winter is drawing near! Luckily for me, the day some of these events started to unfold, I was towards the weekend anyway, so I was able to give the girl what I needed to, but unforntunately I'd have to wait till the next "Holiday" to see her again and retrieve what I need to finally finish this storyline.

It just irks me that this all happened at once, and its because I tried so hard to finish as much as I could before the end of my first year. Now look at me, my goals ruined by my own work ethic. If I didn't push myself I wouldn't of gotten that far so fast in the Snow Ruins, or at the least wouldn't of went outta my way to give this girl gifts on a daily basis in order to trigger the marriage prerequisite event so early on, and I wouldnt be dissapointed that neither of my goals were accomplished (I'd originally hoped to beat all the games bosses within the first year and draw out the storyline afterwards).

Oh, in my last few days of Winter since I had nothing to do but wait (to try and finish the storyline) I ended up pressing even further in to the Snow Ruins and made it to the last floor, barely. I can kill a few of the enemies up to the 3rd floor but after that.. its brutal. All the monsters feel as if they're twice the level I'm at, and they're in abundance to make matters worse. I literally made it past like 6 monsters, taking only one hit, and making it down the last flight of stairs with only a slither of health. Luckily, as has been standard for the last floor of a dungeon, there are no enemies so I was able to open the last door to the shortcut-steps to make things easier whenever I feel confident enough to take on the boss.

I went home, saved, and went back to do a lil boss preview and see what its like... my god. I hit the damn thing with my stongest weapon (its actually my trusty Super Sickle) and its Level 3 Special Attack (Tripple hitting spin-slash) and I thought I missed because its health bar didn't budge. Damn..

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 17, 2009, 11:38:12 AM »
Hmm, so why have I been ignoring this till now? Is it an action RPG crossed with Harvest Moon?
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #221 on: September 17, 2009, 11:48:13 AM »
Hmm, so why have I been ignoring this till now? Is it an action RPG crossed with Harvest Moon?
Yep.Perfect way to discribe it.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 17, 2009, 11:51:07 AM »

Dang! Where'd all these good games come from all of a sudden? I hadn't bought anything all summer long, then there's this flood of epic gam3r games. :P Space these things out, people, darn you! ;)

First I've got to finish LKS though...
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #223 on: September 17, 2009, 11:55:12 AM »
But you must realize the circular relationships between the RPG elements are as ridiculously deep as the circular farming elements.  In fact, AR-PEE-GEE and Farming are all intertwined, such that there's rewards in all the little things you do (and it's encouraged, as grinding is not an efficient solution for advancement; you up your WHOLE game, not just hit "attack" for a few straight hours).  It's insane.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #224 on: September 17, 2009, 11:55:52 AM »

Dang! Where'd all these good games come from all of a sudden? I hadn't bought anything all summer long, then there's this flood of epic gam3r games. :P Space these things out, people, darn you! ;)

First I've got to finish LKS though...

WHAT THE HELL are you talking about?  Rune Factory Frontier's been out since MARCH.