Author Topic: Rune Factory Frontier  (Read 121129 times)

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
Re: Rune Factory Frontier
« Reply #175 on: August 14, 2009, 01:17:33 PM »
"I've actually worked this into part of my routine. Visit the Green Ruins, plant the cucumbers and strawberrys i have growing in the first room"

Stop right there.  Quit copying me.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 14, 2009, 04:44:00 PM »
"I've actually worked this into part of my routine. Visit the Green Ruins, plant the cucumbers and strawberrys i have growing in the first room"

Stop right there.  Quit copying me.

If you keep letting other less FIST worthy games get in your way, I'll actually be surpassing you in RFF anyway, so who'se copying who?

besides, i wouldn't be a proud member of the fanclub if i didnt mime you from time to time!

You probably won't get a girl your first time: I can't remember the exact number of hearts she needs, but I believe it's six or seven. She'll show up if you have enough hearts with her.

Thats what i figured. If i tried wooing more girls a lil earlier in the game, my first two weeks or so, i might've had at least Mist to 6LP by now. She's at only at 5 now :(
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #177 on: August 14, 2009, 05:07:19 PM »
This game is part of Wii's 10-year strategy.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 19, 2009, 08:31:40 PM »
DAMN YOU STUPID BOAT
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Tanatoes

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 19, 2009, 11:27:52 PM »
Did you have the barkeep rowing with you?
-------
Why can't Wii be friends?  0639 9148 4145 6376

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #180 on: August 20, 2009, 09:07:13 AM »
Did you have the barkeep rowing with you?

No, he got a 100 hand slap :P Would I have won if he was with me!? I didn't think it'd even be possible, thought any answer i chose would've gotten the same "cut-scene"..

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #181 on: August 20, 2009, 12:14:52 PM »
You getting buddy-buddy with the INNkeeper?  That's a dark path you're treading.  The townsgirls will look at you differently, some might be excited by it.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 20, 2009, 02:28:58 PM »
You getting buddy-buddy with the INNkeeper?  That's a dark path you're treading.  The townsgirls will look at you differently, some might be excited by it.

it's bad enough "raguna" would only try to sleep in another guys bed at the start of the game..

in other news, my summer is almost over and i've yet to conqure the lava ruins.. what happened to me!? I was doing so well! As for the girls, i lost LP with TWO girls after accidentally walking in on them changing into their bathing suits :(

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 20, 2009, 11:38:27 PM »

it's bad enough "raguna" would only try to sleep in another guys bed at the start of the game..

in other news, my summer is almost over and i've yet to conqure the lava ruins.. what happened to me!? I was doing so well! As for the girls, i lost LP with TWO girls after accidentally walking in on them changing into their bathing suits :(

Should've kept visiting: eventually, in true anime fashion, you walk in on the lot, and they group-bash you.

Good times!

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 21, 2009, 11:21:01 AM »

Should've kept visiting: eventually, in true anime fashion, you walk in on the lot, and they group-bash you.

Good times!

Hahaha thats awesome. I should try that and not save that day, it'd suck to lose that much LP otherwise. Mist was the only girl i had an even amount of FP and LP with, but now the LP is about half a level back. I stopped talking to the bitch just to try and get it even again ;P

I have another question for those more familiar with the game.. In the status screen, I've noticed theres a picture of what looks like a little girls head right above my players name (upper left corner) for some time now and just yesterday, after having whale island talk to me for the first time since my first trip there.. i noticed there's a second icon. It looks a little like the duck in Mists pond. My question is simply, is this some sort of indicator of how i'm progressing in the story?

A simple yes or no would suffice, but i won't mind a more detailed answer with as little spoilers as possible. Thanks in advance!

UPDATE!

Lava Ruins boss is sucking my junk in hell right now ;) First day of Autumn, with only 1 in-game hour to beat his ass. Mikey likes it!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 03:21:32 PM by EasyCure »

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #185 on: August 24, 2009, 12:57:48 PM »
Massive update:  I haven't played in two weeks.  Will this week be the lucky week?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 24, 2009, 03:57:45 PM »
Massive update:  I haven't played in two weeks.  Will this week be the lucky week?

That would explain how you've found the time to post as many videos as you have the last few days. You've been spending the time encoding videos over chasing the ladies in the game.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #187 on: August 24, 2009, 05:11:24 PM »
Trade-offs exist inside and outside the game.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 25, 2009, 03:26:28 PM »
But your ladies may miss you if you are gone too long.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 26, 2009, 12:44:23 PM »
But your ladies may miss you if you are gone too long.

Luckily this aint Animal Crossing. They won't even know he was gone.

I played for.. i think my wii clocked me in at 13hrs straight this weekend. :D
From about 3am Saturday to 4pm Sunday.. then i went out to get fast food cuz it was too hot to cook anything in my tiny boiler-room apartment. I didn't get as much done as i'd liked, but thats because I'm preparing..

I'm sure I mentioned "conquering"* the Lava Ruins on the first of Autumn, so I'm around the 19th now and have the majority of the Green Ruins growing crops or fodder, and I'm starting to do the same in the Lava Ruins in preperation for Winter. I had every bit of land on my personal farm growing seasonal crops (with some fodder of course) until a fucking storm hit and made everything look ugly. Luckily the one time harvest crops (like spinach) were hit the worst, and the few multi-harvest crops (like eggplants) were barely touched. The beauty of a full feild has been restored, for the most part.

I've also done some advances in the story line as well, without even stepping foot in the Snow Ruins! I've unlocked the gate on Whale Island and made my way to these odd floating towers... taking the same approach I did with the Lava Ruins:

*Run like hell thru most of the monsters and make my way to the checkpoints.

Doubt I'll be able to take on the boss here though, because the monsters in the area are tough as ****. I was able to take out some of the monsters in the Lava Ruins, even if it took some patience and a few healing items, but the ones on the later parts of Whale Island are like bosses themselves. Once Winter rolls around I plan on tackling the Snow Ruins for some serious level ups, with the occasional monster raping when I go back to the other dungeons for crop collecting.

Moving on to relationships.. Mist is almost at 10 FP but at around 6 or 7 LP which pisses me off, because if it weren't for a few incidents (like mistakingly peeking in on her in the beach changing room) her LP and FP woulda remained equal! Rosetta is also recently at 6LP which means I was able to give them each a very personal gift; CUTE BATHING SUITS! Too bad summers over and I won't get to see them don the two-peice suits anytime soon lol. The rest of the girls are catching up nicely in the LP department, though some are still very stubborn. Eunice, Lara, Tabitha and Bianca to be specific. I give them gifts DAILY and barely have any hearts from them. Yet I've only recently met Iris Noire and have 4 FP with her and 2 LP, in like a matter of days. WTF YOU PRUDE BITCHES!

Can't wait to go home and start forging some **** using the power of GOLD! mwahahahaha

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 27, 2009, 09:38:16 AM »
I went to gamestop yesterday to see if i could pick up MP-Tri with some goodies since a lot of you had sucess picking up the preorder bonuses without preordering it seems, instead i ALMOST walked out with a ton of other **** i wouldn't have time to play.

One of those games was Rune Factory 2 for DS. I haven't bought a DS game in awhile (not that i should since i've yet to beat half the games i have for it) but I thought "hm.. maybe it'll be good to have this around and get my RF fix while i'm on the toilet.." Then decided against it because i'd probably get hooked playing it and not leave the bathroom until my battery died.

Then i thought it'd be super hardtime longcore for me to play RF2 on my DS at the same time as RFF on Wii! I could play my DS every time i go indoors where time stops, then when i have to be indoors for RF2, i'd go back to RFF!

I realized I had a problem and walked back to my car empty handed..

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #191 on: August 27, 2009, 12:03:01 PM »
Admitting it is the first step.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 27, 2009, 12:23:12 PM »
Girlfriends going upstate tonight so i won't get to see her after work.. guess i'll be spending my evening with Mist, Rosetta, Melody, Annete, Iris, Eunice, Cinnamon, Lara, Selphy Uzuki, Bianca, Tabatha, and Ganesha :D

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #193 on: August 31, 2009, 12:15:40 PM »
I'VE DEFEATED THE GIANT COCK.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #194 on: August 31, 2009, 05:25:05 PM »
I shall elaborate.

I've given up on trying to farm every bit of the first dungeon, considering I can't access all of it and I've concluded it's a massive waste of time.  I'll just farm in the most accessible areas of the dungeon (minimum foot traffic) and farm only what gets me useful crops in the shortest amount of time and effort.

I fish for Cinnamon's clam, and I grow flowers for Eunice's flowering fullness.  That is the objective.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #195 on: August 31, 2009, 07:52:53 PM »
I'VE DEFEATED THE GIANT COCK.

'bout damn time. What level is your character at? Appearantly, from what I read, I beat the first two dungeon bosses under the "minimum suggested' level making me officially awesome.

I shall elaborate.

I've given up on trying to farm every bit of the first dungeon, considering I can't access all of it and I've concluded it's a massive waste of time.  I'll just farm in the most accessible areas of the dungeon (minimum foot traffic) and farm only what gets me useful crops in the shortest amount of time and effort.

I fish for Cinnamon's clam, and I grow flowers for Eunice's flowering fullness.  That is the objective.

Definately don't farm every inch of any dungeon unless its Whale Islands floating chambers. Every other one won't be worth your time only because they're season specific, whereas Whale Island can gro crops from ANY season, thus making you more profitable by growing all of the pricier crops right next to eachother.

I'll have to elaborate some other time though..

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 01, 2009, 11:55:01 AM »
Ok, so to elaborate on my above post.. this is the current strategy I'm employing:

As the first dungeon to be conqoured by yours truley, as well as being closest to your characters home, the Green Ruins doubles more than suitably as your farm away from farm. The layout of the ruins (a giant, multilayered donut of doom) makes it easy to navigate, and after a few trips around you'll know it like the back of your hand. Obviously, having a silver hammer helps to reach the few rooms or paths blocked off by the small brownish boulders, but the real key here is to have a monster for transportation. My favorite pick is [default name]Silver, the wolf monster towards the end of the Whale Island Fin.

With some sorta transport monster available, farming the Green Ruins is SO much simpler, trust me on that. Not only can you access more ground on your four legged friend, but while you're watering or harvesting your crops, it'll keep those pesky native monsters off your back.
With that said, even I don't have this dungeon 100% tilled/farmed and its probably best that way. I do have the whole first floor growing though, but only certain segments of the 2nd/3rd floors, making sure to keep some of the soil as is in order to harvest the wild grass and lumber (though rocks and weeds are pointless, so its 50/50 you'll get what you want there).

I'll go into detail here on my usual routine for my trips to the Green Ruins:

As stated once before, the first two patches of soil are growing cucumbers (take too fucking long) and strawberries. After going thru the vines, and pay a visit to that one big patch of land (i believe its the biggest in the dungeon) where I have the top row growing turnips* and the bottom growing strawberries.

Move north passed the room with the boulders and head to the one long room with 3 sections of soil, each with 2 of the 3x3 patches each. Here i have crops growing in this order (from left to right and top/bottom:

Turnip/cucumber, Cucumber/Cucumber, Turnip Cucumber

The next room to the right I decided to use the 4 patches of soil there for grass**. I go back to the last room, head down past the vine and work my way to the far right. I go into the first room on the right, where i have more grass going, head downstairs where i have strawberries, then head out and to the left. Depending on whether or not i've harvested crops/wasted time I either go left passed the door to the shortcut stairs, or just head down the the 3bf. If i do go left past the door, i go down into the first room where i have Strawberries/turnips, then to the attached room where i have more grass. If i go down to the 3bf I hit up the first room on the right where I have more Strawberry/turnip combos growing. The last floor only houses turnips, which I might switch out for grass soon..

And so ends my routine trips thru the Green Ruins. If I go there first starting fresh at 6am I can be done by 11am on a good day, giving me plenty of times to work on the Lava ruins, though since I have plenty going on in the Green Ruins i'm thinking about giving up both every other day just to finally get my ass into the Snow Ruins and hopefully beat that bosses ass before the end of Winter.

*Turnips are awesome in the Green Ruins (and Whale Island) when you use them merely to grow Runes. 4 days of watering and you just leave em unpicked so you can get a new Rune everyday, it helps out a ton when dungeon crawling.

**Grass: I've been using grass as a more productive turnip. Harvesting crops in the deeper parts of dungeons seems like a time waster, so a 5 day investment to grow grass produces the runes you'll need to regain RP by the time you get to those rooms later in your dungeon crawling as well as letting you harvest fodder every 2 days. Obviously you'll want to be sure you have a special attack available for both your watering can and sickle before attempting any of this though, since that alone will be your biggest time saver.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 01:18:09 PM by EasyCure »

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #197 on: September 03, 2009, 01:17:07 PM »
I promise to give the scary game a break and spend time with my prey later.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 04, 2009, 10:01:49 AM »
Tiny update:

-Forged a GOLDEN HAMMER OF AWESOMNESS and can now break some of the rocks in the Lava Ruins that were hiding goodies.

-Got Mist, Rosetta, Melody, Selphy and maybe one other girl up to 6LP (Mist and Rosetta are at 10FP) and gave 3 of them "cute bathing suits" I crafted myself. Next Summer is gonna be HAWT!

-Am planning on giving up on farming for winter and conquer the Snow ruins. I need all the daily leveling up I can, those monsters are tough!

-Finally realized how I can see Melodys bath event. She's naughty..

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #199 on: September 05, 2009, 07:14:19 AM »
Earlier today I made the mistake of re-entering the boss room in the Green Ruins, only to nearly get killed by a higher-level Monster Cock.  He was dealing serious damage to me and summoning lots of smaller egg-throwing cocks.  I changed up my tactics and Fire Rod'd him from careful distances, and survived.  At least they offered the full stash of spoils for defeating him again.

Also did some hippie work, redistributing Runeys and bringing back some balance to the ecosystem.