Author Topic: Rune Factory Frontier  (Read 120723 times)

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
Re: Rune Factory Frontier
« Reply #150 on: August 04, 2009, 11:26:04 AM »

One thing I don't get is how there are multiple recipes for the same tool. For instance, you can make a Cheap Axe with a required forging skill lvl of 5, but then its listed again @ a higher req. skill lvl of like 15. The second one also uses an extra ingredient (usually 2 pieces of iron) but I didn't really see a difference when i forged them for the hell of it. It wasn't a higher level than the other axes i'd made. Weird.

The second recipe is how you're supposed to level up the tool. By using the regular tool and two peices of scrap metal, you can raise your tool's level by one every time. The reason it didn't work for you is because when you forge an item, its level is equal to that of the lowest-level ingredient. For example, a level nine hammer plus a level ten scrap metal plus a level one scrap metal gets you a level one hammer.

What you want to do is to take your tool and add two peices of scrap metal that are BOTH at least one level above that of your tool. When you start the forging meter, aim for the small green tabs; hitting one of those means that your tool's level will be that of the lowest item+1. In the above example, that would mean your hammer would be level two, even though you had a level one ingredient in the mix.

Hope that helps, and that I was clear.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 04, 2009, 11:41:45 AM »
Well I'm sure i was using ingredients of level 4 and higher because i sold anything level 3 and under (had an abundance of them and needed to clear my pockets!). Perhaps I'm just mistaken, though.

Thanks for clearing up what the second recipe is used for, thats an important peice of information right there! And i always aim for the green spots on the meter, if only to hear the invisible crowd that watches me as i forge in my home go "oOOoOoooooOo" ;)

By the way, are you new here or just the smartest bot we've ever had?  :P
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #152 on: August 04, 2009, 12:20:55 PM »
<3 summer holidays
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 04, 2009, 01:06:09 PM »
<3 summer holidays

Saw Rosetta had a sign for swimsuits outside her shop. Can't wait to see those delicious legs! :P
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 04, 2009, 05:30:48 PM »

NoName is a new member. He also posted in the Retroactive Poll thread.
I call him Nemo :)
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline noname2200

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 04, 2009, 08:35:07 PM »
Well I'm sure i was using ingredients of level 4 and higher because i sold anything level 3 and under (had an abundance of them and needed to clear my pockets!). Perhaps I'm just mistaken, though.

Actually I'm certain you did, but remember that your tool also counts as an "ingredient," so even if all the other materials are at level 10, upgrading a level 1 tool still results in a level 1 tool. It's ultimately worth upgrading, because a level ten tool seems to use much, much less RP per use (which is critical when the best watering can gobbles up 50 RP per square!), but it is a very big pain.

And like Stratos said, I'm a newbie around here. RFN's latest poll brought me over the edge into joining up.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 05, 2009, 12:36:31 AM »
And like Stratos said, I'm a newbie around here. RFN's latest poll brought me over the edge into joining up.

Would you kindly introduce yourself.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 05, 2009, 05:16:52 AM »

Would you kindly introduce yourself.

Some people don't acknowledge newbies until they post there. We still need to get Jrnn to post there as well.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 05, 2009, 12:24:14 PM »

Actually I'm certain you did, but remember that your tool also counts as an "ingredient," so even if all the other materials are at level 10, upgrading a level 1 tool still results in a level 1 tool. It's ultimately worth upgrading, because a level ten tool seems to use much, much less RP per use (which is critical when the best watering can gobbles up 50 RP per square!), but it is a very big pain.

Well thanks again for the tip! Now that you actually have an avatar, I can believe you are not a bot. So welcome aboard, please introduce yourself in the thread which was linked to above me. It's only common courtesy around here.

RFF Update:

Beat my first boss today. I feel kinda dumb, cuz over the last few play sessions, I've tried exploring all of the Green Ruins just so I could at least know where the boss is, even if I wasn't ready to face him/it. No luck, or so I thought. I resorted to searching for a map of the dungeon, and found one, only to see that I'd passed by the Boss door multiple times! I'd gone thru there and never once noticed that the odd little alcove with nothing in it was actually a door lol

It was the last day of Spring, I sowed the seeds for all the summer crops I purchased and let my pet goblin harvest the last of my turnips while I went off to battle. Beat that boss on my first try, and was lucky enough to level up just as I was low on health and RP :D! Then, when the boss was at about half health, i used a food item that had special properties to make sure I head full HP/RP as well as the ability to put some extra hurtin' on that giant cock ;)

Now when i play today, I'll start off my summer feeling victorious and accomplished :)

*Note: Post left a little vague as to not spoil anything for Pro, who has different priorities and thus not yet fought the first boss. Please be kind, use spoiler tags when necessary

Offline noname2200

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 05, 2009, 03:06:35 PM »

Well thanks again for the tip! Now that you actually have an avatar, I can believe you are not a bot. So welcome aboard, please introduce yourself in the thread which was linked to above me. It's only common courtesy around here.

RFF Update:

Beat my first boss today. I feel kinda dumb, cuz over the last few play sessions, I've tried exploring all of the Green Ruins just so I could at least know where the boss is, even if I wasn't ready to face him/it. No luck, or so I thought. I resorted to searching for a map of the dungeon, and found one, only to see that I'd passed by the Boss door multiple times! I'd gone thru there and never once noticed that the odd little alcove with nothing in it was actually a door lol

Happy to help. Anyhow, if you ever need maps of any of the dungeons, a user at another forum kindly uploaded detailed scans. You can find them here. http://vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?id=2062042

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 06, 2009, 09:50:43 AM »
Wow, those are much better than the crap I found (blurry in game screenshots), so thanks again!

So what's been going on in my RFF life? Well the first of summer was awesomely fun, Anette actually looks kinda cute when not in that big postman outfit! Someones gotta new love intereeeest! The next day id wished for a rainy week, and a rainy week I got. Made life easier because I didn't have to water the massie crops i'd planted, which made me develop a nice schedule where I got to meet and gift everyone:

Gather wild grass, weeds, or fodder until Anette comes.
Water my crops in the Green Ruins, then on Whale Isle (surface and depths).
Visit the clock tower, give cinnamon fish.
Visit the church, gie Kross a warrior medal, talk to stella, gie lara a strawberry.
Selphys next, read a couple of new books.
On to the town, erik, rosetta, give Ganesha and Turner some ore. Rita gets any lame jewelry I forged the night before. Uzuki gets fish, and chocolate bar for the fatty.
Visit danny on the way back home, then chop wood or till land until my energies depleted.
Runey management till 10
Meet tabatha and bianca in the bath, give melody some grass and bathe myself. (Dissapopinted there's no cutscene with them dammit!)
Warp home and toil with my things until my energies gone,then hit the hay.

With that rainy schedule, I got friend and love points up with all theillagers and leveled up in every skill category. After last nights storm, there's amess to clean on my farm and a new dungeon to unlock... here I come! :D

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #161 on: August 06, 2009, 12:26:15 PM »
GOT ME SOME IRON

EAT ****, GAME

I learned that all the Runeys are extinct in 2 of my districts.  LAUGH-OUT-LOUD.

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 06, 2009, 08:41:10 PM »
<3 summer holidays

Saw Rosetta had a sign for swimsuits outside her shop. Can't wait to see those delicious legs! :P

:-\
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 07, 2009, 11:04:58 AM »
<3 summer holidays

:-\

Hey, Mist called them that not me.

GOT ME SOME IRON

EAT ****, GAME

I learned that all the Runeys are extinct in 2 of my districts.  LAUGH-OUT-LOUD.

'Bout damn time if you ask me lol. It's odd, i feel like ive been finding more iron than copper lately. The last time i got a peice of copper was in a treasure chest on either whale island or the green ruins. Most likely whale island. Now that i finally accessed the lava ruins, i'm on the hunt for some SILVER biotch.

Lol extinct runeys? I've come close, but i try to fix it on my overly productive days when i wear out long before my bath schedule. I try to go later in the evening so i can use those precious daylight hours to interact with people. Runey management is easy to do when running around talking to people, collecting things to gift, since the harvester doesnt require any RP. When 9 or 10 rolls around, i'll hop in the bath, head to my feild and get rid of some tree stumps 'til midnight. After that, i go in and cook/craft/forge/work in the lab to get my skills up. If i somehow don't have items needed to make anything, i'll just whack my weapons around to level up before bed lol Why is it so fun to hit my table with a hammer?

Offline noname2200

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 07, 2009, 11:15:05 AM »
GOT ME SOME IRON

EAT ****, GAME

The seasonal dungeons' floors each have a different main ore, so while iron is plentiful in the late Green/early Lava ruins, the game will make you wait a while before you can finally track down some silver.

Just to rub that part in, now that you finally found that precious iron ore the game will start shoving more iron down your face than you can handle, while simultaneously taunting you with silver and gold recipes that you won't be able to make for hours.

This game is cruel that way.

A small hint though: using your hammer's special attack on rocks increasing the chance of getting something besides junk ore, and it's the best way to get higher-level ore. Since the gemstones are almost impossible to get any other way, this comes in handy.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #165 on: August 07, 2009, 02:55:46 PM »
What exactly makes those dungeons seasonal?  I've noticed my spring crops takes forever to grow inside Green Ruins.

Offline noname2200

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 07, 2009, 07:22:09 PM »
What exactly makes those dungeons seasonal?  I've noticed my spring crops takes forever to grow inside Green Ruins.

They're each the same season no matter what time of the year it is, i.e. you can grow Spring crops in the Green Ruins even if it's Summer/Fall/Winter outside. The Lava Ruins are always Summer, and the Snow Ruins are always Autumn. Whale Island can grow any crop from any season at any time. Runey prosperity rules also apply in all the dungeons.

Take advantage of this to grow the most expensive flowers starting early in the game, because those can take up to a full year to grow (so obviously they can ONLY be grown in the dungeons).

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #167 on: August 07, 2009, 07:37:05 PM »
"Runey prosperity rules also apply in all the dungeons."

That's the detail I was looking for.

I have Runeys extinct in 3 districts now.  LAUGH-OUT-LOUD.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 08, 2009, 01:41:39 AM »
Well runeys in dungeons only turn into those hp/rp restoring rune spohere things, not actual runeys (ie colorful floating spirits).

Don't know why you think crops are taking longer in dungeons, turnips still take 4 days to grow for me, unless I forget to water a patch. I need more crops in the green ruins but I'm slowly working my way thru whale island. I have two more 9x9 squares before reaching the fin with crops. Gonna plant flowers soon to get that started.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #169 on: August 08, 2009, 02:50:50 AM »
Actual Runeys exist around town anyway regardless of crop growth.

My crops are taking longer in Green Ruins because it took 7 DAYS for turnips to be harvest-worthy, and the RP blobs still didn't show up until 2 days after that.  And in this district, I only have Tree Runeys surviving.

In other news, I'm a Table Tennis Pro, finished another Condom Unit mission, and finished another House of the Dead Overkill Director's Cut mission.

Why is Overkill so radically awesome?  My shoulders hurt.  And the game isn't too dark, people just don't have their TVs set right.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 08, 2009, 09:34:11 AM »
I think your game hates you

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 09, 2009, 02:14:40 PM »
I GOT SILVAAA

**** YEAH SLUTS!

update!

So i used my SILVA to forge me an Iron FIST Hammer, a Lumber Axe, and a Lion Can. I can now break boulders and tree stumps with three SA's each (as opposed to the annoying 6 it took for tree stumps). I haven't tried the Lion Can yet, but bumps up the capacity to 18 uses, and I'll just assume that the new SA lets me water a whole 9x9 square ala the Golden Watering Can from Harvest Moon.

I haven't tackled the Lava Ruins since finding the Silver BFl-3 but I will delve deeper once I forge myself an Aqua Blade. I refuse to buy an Aqua Crystal so i'm just gonna keep checking that little room near the end of the Whale Island Depths for one (found a few wind and fire ones in there). In the meantime, I have almost 90% of my field tilled, the whole bottom row is just recently planted with fodder seeds, and I'm preparing myself to make a sweet autumn harvest to rake in the cash before winter comes. Oh, and i'm still in mid summer by the way :D

Gotta love this game.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 11:16:37 AM by EasyCure »

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #172 on: August 13, 2009, 04:54:25 PM »
Ahhh I've been budgeting my time among other games and chores these past couple weeks.  When I get back I have to take my Runeys off the Endangered Species List.  I've barely started Autumn.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 14, 2009, 09:42:55 AM »
Ahhh I've been budgeting my time among other games and chores these past couple weeks.  When I get back I have to take my Runeys off the Endangered Species List.  I've barely started Autumn.

I've meant to do that but RFF is just so engaging. I don't know how i finished to pay off the second to last loan on my house in AC:CF and acquire my basement (finally) when I was just starting out in RFF. Luckily I did it though, cuz I wouldn't of reached that one milesstone at the pace i'm going now.

Conduit, AC:CF, Punch Out, Mushroom Men, Okami, and everything else in my backlog can SUCK IT. RFF OWNZ!

Last time I played i got hit by a second storm and it FUCKED up my grass patches after just planting them. That pisses me off to no end. Can anyone tell me how grass works in this game compared to Harvest moon? I believe in the first HM the grass dies off completely in the winter and has to be replanted, but in HM64 it regrows the way it was once winter is over. I don't mind beeing a little wasteful and use a whole bag of seeds to replace the one or two patches per 9x9 square that are missing now if the grass is going to regrow once spring rolls around again. If I'm going to have to replant however, i might as well leave my feild looking a little sloppy until then.

Oh, and i found an easy way to get silver. Once you get a peice from the Lava Ruins, you have a small chance of being able to get some in the Green Ruins (and i'm assuming Whale Island as well) as long as you break stones using an SA. Using an SA on those ore boulders gives you a better chance at finding higher level ore as well! Though when it comes to silver, i've only found level 1 or 2 at best. Iron, though, i've found up to level 9!

I've actually worked this into part of my routine. Visit the Green Ruins, plant the cucumbers and strawberrys i have growing in the first room, head up the steps and make a left, then another left (cutting down the second vine wall) and once i watter the crops i have in this room (the one with the ants) i'll head to the alcove to the left and use my Silver* Hammer to break the blocks in my way. The path there leads to a door with boulders blocking a chest that contains Rice**.

Next time I play, its BOAT RACE time. I previewed the day (ie saved in the morning, played and quit w/o saving) and I have to ask: How do you get a girl to join you on the boat? Annette was the only girl at the lake that day, and was the only one that asked if i'd be going to the boat race on the previous day. Everyone else was uninterested or just made a passing comment to let you know the boat race was coming up.

*You need the silver hammer to get into the room i'm speaking of because only that will break the small brown rocks blocking the path. You can try using a weaker hammer with a ton of SA's but after 6 hits and no luck (what a special axe woulda done to take out a stump) i gave up wasting RP. With the silver hammer, just 1 SA breaks em. Obviously this means you really do need to delve into the Lava Ruins and acquire some Silver there first, before it becoming available elsewhere.

**I never paid too much attention to what was in this treasure chest because i was more concerned with getting Silver and high levels of Iron and Scrap Iron for forging. It feels like every time i've done it, it is Rice that I get, and at least twice now i've gotten level 10 rice! I keep it in my fridge until i get some more recipes to find out what i can make that will maximize RP/HP restoration with its high level (or nutrients!).

Offline noname2200

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 14, 2009, 12:06:25 PM »
You probably won't get a girl your first time: I can't remember the exact number of hearts she needs, but I believe it's six or seven. She'll show up if you have enough hearts with her.