Author Topic: Rune Factory Frontier  (Read 121296 times)

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
Re: Rune Factory Frontier
« Reply #125 on: July 29, 2009, 06:26:28 PM »
Haha mine is starting to get that way. I randomy found copper in the green ruins (it was in the box when you first enter) so that's how iforged my "copping axe" which according to the info bar is an "upgraded axe madefor farm work. Can be used to cut through tree stumps"

Says stumps, not branches, but still nothing!

Eunices mom is okay, but the black smith.. YOWZA! Besides, why would I want my irtual character to be a chubby chaser when I'm not in real life? ;)

Aww poor Eunice...

UPTDATE!

Just took a bath while Mist and Rosetta were in the other room..

"I've always thought this,but your legs look delicious, Rosetta."

LMAO game of the year 2009 :laugh;
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 07:01:05 PM by EasyCure »
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #126 on: July 29, 2009, 07:13:36 PM »
=3

I don't think I even have the Copper Axe recipe, even after buying the forging book.  The game won't let me make other Cheap Axes, either.  It's fishy.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 29, 2009, 08:23:37 PM »
That's weird.. how far into the game areyou? I'm only at the 16th of the 1st Spring and I've already forged the axe and upgraded my first sword.

By the way, I love how after having these impure thoughts at the girls bathing.. your characters HP and RP aren't fully replenished like normal.. lol
This guy needs to leel up his FaP so he won't be so weak in the knees, if ya know what I mean!
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Tanatoes

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 30, 2009, 08:41:54 AM »
To use the copper axe on stupms charge up your special attack.  It will take six hits per stump to remove them.  Uses up a LOT of energy.

I still can't get rid of big stones yet.. and I'm almost up to winter now.
-------
Why can't Wii be friends?  0639 9148 4145 6376

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 30, 2009, 10:54:57 AM »
To use the copper axe on stupms charge up your special attack.  It will take six hits per stump to remove them.  Uses up a LOT of energy.

I still can't get rid of big stones yet.. and I'm almost up to winter now.

Thanks, i realized it'd take a few hits of a SA to get it to break, its just odd how the animation is.. it looks like the axe is striking the area past the stump, and there is no sound que to let you know if you've actually hit it or not. Even Harvest Moon SNES made a thud when you'd hit a stump!

Meanwhile, I upgraded my hammer yesterday and can break the stone slabs with just one SA. Guess there's a big difference between a copper upgrade and an iron upgrade huh? Still can't get rid of the boulders though, so I'll have to work on that asap.. they're worse than the stumps on my farmland. Guess i need to do some more dungeon crawling to stock up on the materials i need... grr!

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #130 on: July 31, 2009, 03:04:02 PM »
Lucky son of a butch, you found Iron on your first visit, THAT'S how you were able to forge the Chopping Axe.  (Are the Copper Axe and the Chopping Axe two different things? am I confused?  where does the Copper Axe recipe come from?)

In any case, I have about 4 elemental swords and 2 elemental rods, and 4 monsters that i cared to befriend.

And give Eunice a chance, at least as another part of the game where you'll get to see change (it was awesome to see buildings pop out of nowhere and brand new characters show up, right?).  You will make a difference.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 31, 2009, 03:05:54 PM »
Pro is loving this game. It's not even here for 3 months.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 31, 2009, 03:34:19 PM »
Pro and EasyCure are loving this game. It's not even here for 3 months.

Fixed. I'm obsessed with it...

Pro: I guess i was lucky. I must of found the ONE peice of Iron i had (when i made the Chopping axe) on Whale Island, probably in one of the many treasure boxes on the Fin. Since then I've only gotten one other peice of iron, which i used to forge the Iron Hammer (or whatever its called), and a couple of peices of scrap iron, and maybe another peice of copper. I'll have to check for you whether there is a difference between a Copper Axe and a Chopping axe, or rather if there even is a copper axe at all.

As for the recipes, I'm pretty sure i bought the first two row of books available from Selphy at the Rune Archive (northern Church District), probably before i even acquired a forge! Perhaps one or two books were given to me.. i think Ganesha the HAWT blacksmith might give you a recipe book, but i'm not positive. Next time i play i'll let you know exactly how many forging recipes i have and see if I have any you don't.

Oh and you got me beat with the magic staffs. I recieved one from the old wizard/scientist, Fish-girls grandpa, and its a fire rod i believe.. but i haven't used it much, yet. I guess i should level it up soon though, I think i'm only at lv5 with it, compared to my sword which is like 15. I reeeally need to get some more iron though, i want to forge a better watering can and hoe so i can get some more dungeon farming done.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 03, 2009, 02:01:58 AM »
I bought this game when it came out but haven't tried it, this constant updating is getting me in the mood for some Harvest Moon. I don't know why, it goes completely against what it should be, but I have this feeling that I'm going to be spending more time playing games once I get to college, possibly related to how very  little time I'm spending on them right now.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 03, 2009, 04:12:33 AM »
I don't know why, it goes completely against what it should be, but I have this feeling that I'm going to be spending more time playing games once I get to college, possibly related to how very  little time I'm spending on them right now.

It's true. I learned how to play and get rather good at Halo in the dorms. Dorm LANs are great for StarCraft as well.  Plus DDR and Karaoke Revolution always drew the ladies to the dorms. ;D
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: August 03, 2009, 05:26:30 AM »
It really is mostly that I played games with friends for 18 straight hours on Thursday and Friday and had so much fun that I decided I need to play more games and I'll do it any way possible.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #136 on: August 03, 2009, 01:47:37 PM »
I'm itching to play more, still farming the first dungeon to completion (aside from stumps that interfere with sowing placement).

I typically return to the game every other day, as it takes away considerable time from my video conversion/publishing activities.  Sigh.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 03, 2009, 02:25:54 PM »
So i got to play the game yesterday after several hours of other gaming (punch-out Wii, conduit) and i continue to love this game.

I checked for ya, Pro, and I only have the one recipe book for my forge and its definately the one i got at the Archives. Besides the one farming book you start off with, and a craft book, everything else is cooking. I dont know why you can't make the Chopping Axe (aka iron axe). I need to purchase a larger forge area though, perhaps then i can put some of those 3-ingredient recipes to use and get some SERIOUS weapons made ;) As of right now, i got a **** load of iron/copper (some of up to level). I thought i'd have upgrade my hammer but nope! Those giant boulders in the dungeons can be broken with it and they contain tons of iron, copper and scrap iron. After a few (in-game) hours of dungeon crawling i actually filled up my inventory with the stuff!

I made sooo many weapons..

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #138 on: August 03, 2009, 03:04:56 PM »
Well, you see, I don't have IRON yet.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 03, 2009, 04:29:46 PM »
Well, you see, I don't have IRON yet.

Keep searchin' Whale Island i suppose. Since I never tried it with the original "Cheap" Hammer, perhaps you should and just give those large round and grey boulders a whack next time you're in a dungeon. If the plain ol' cheap hammer can break thru them than damn will my face be red.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #140 on: August 03, 2009, 04:34:25 PM »
I "wasted" my time clearing up Whale Island all the way to the locked door, thinking it was the place was the first dungeon, and never picked up Iron.  I got tons of regeneration/food supplies tho.

By description, Cheap Hammer only works on pebblies at most.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 03, 2009, 06:12:34 PM »
I "wasted" my time clearing up Whale Island all the way to the locked door, thinking it was the place was the first dungeon, and never picked up Iron.  I got tons of regeneration/food supplies tho.

By description, Cheap Hammer only works on pebblies at most.

Then perhaps I did get it in the Green Ruins randomly at a box, unless i somehow accidentally whacked one of those boulders with another weapon that broke it open. I doubt thats the case, since those boulders are always in groups (of 2 minimum), and thus i wouldve had more than just one piece of iron. Speaking of dungeons though.. i gotta find this first boss soon. I was hoping to get it outta the way before Summer, and I think i'm on my 25th day of Spring! Have you fought the first boss Pro?

I still wish there was some small on-line component to this game, even if it was just trading items so i could give you some of the iron you seek.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #142 on: August 03, 2009, 06:16:17 PM »
LOL no, not there yet.  20th day of Summer or so, and several girlies are receptive to my bold advances.

If I'm lucky, I'll encounter the boss tonight or tomorrow.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 03, 2009, 06:17:59 PM »
LOL no, not there yet.  20th day of Summer or so, and several girlies are receptive to my bold advances.

The boss is one of the lady's fathers and he wields a shotgun, right ;)
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 03, 2009, 06:31:15 PM »

The boss is one of the lady's fathers and he wields a shotgun, right ;)

Probably not but that'd be pretty epic ;) Should i use my fire rod on him and turn his shotgun into ashes, or my wind rod and catch his buckshots in a tornado to blow them back at him with lethal force? Decisions decisions..

As far as ladies go, i only have 2 or 3 with Love Points for me. Mist has 2, then another girl or two have 1 each (i think its Mist' rival, the chick that pics up your goods.. i mean crops ;) and Cinnamon who likes FISH..yuck). Then maybe one or two girls are in the friend zone. The rest are indifferent.. I'm too busy being an eligible adventuring bachelor to flirt with ALL the girls. I just stick to whoever is closest.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #145 on: August 03, 2009, 07:11:18 PM »
I ended up getting Mist to 5 hearts early in the game cuz I didn't know any better, then I realized I'm wasting crops on her.

Diana got to about 3 since I kept giving her turnips, and Mist didn't like that (so funny), which kept Mist's number under control.

Selphy's around 2 cuz of all the damn books I bought.

Melody's nearing 4 cuz I use the bath often.  She's probably peeping.

Cinnamon's a whopping 10 happy faces and 3 hearts, and I totally figured out my fishing routine.  I fish, I make sushi to have massive RP reserves, and I'll give her the weak lvl.1 fish, and she'll eventually give up THE CLAM.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 03, 2009, 07:32:52 PM »
I ended up getting Mist to 5 hearts early in the game cuz I didn't know any better, then I realized I'm wasting crops on her.

Diana got to about 3 since I kept giving her turnips, and Mist didn't like that (so funny), which kept Mist's number under control.

Selphy's around 2 cuz of all the damn books I bought.

Melody's nearing 4 cuz I use the bath often.  She's probably peeping.

Cinnamon's a whopping 10 happy faces and 3 hearts, and I totally figured out my fishing routine.  I fish, I make sushi to have massive RP reserves, and I'll give her the weak lvl.1 fish, and she'll eventually give up THE CLAM.

I give her one turnip ever other harvest, the rest of the time i just make sure to talk to her as often as possible and till my feilds whenever i clear up some of the stumps. Appearantly she you get bonus LP when you till a certain amount of your feild.. guess she likes to watch how you put your cheap hoe's to work (she must be submissive) ;)

I dont even know who diana is.. guess she hasn't moved to town yet?

Selphy is easy to get LP with because not only do you get some off her (hehe..) for buying the books, but even READING the books. Whenever you go read a new shelf, she swoons that you're reading a new book.

Melody has 1 happy face but until recently had no love for me, until i realized i can use all those damn colored grass for something other than potion making. She'll have 1 heart for me soon, and it'll be easy to get her points up because i obviously bathe every day and can afford to give her some grass each visit. Oh and must totally be peeping.

Cinnamon is definately in the friend zone with 1 happy face, but she's closing to getting 1 heart too. Gotta make sure to get her a fish on her birthday! She's one of the few girls i make sure to talk to on a daily basis, because she tells you about the constellations. If you see one, and tell her about it she likes you more. Seeing one and figuring out who its associated with leads to even more LP for the other girls, so Cinnamon is basically the way to EVERY girls heart in the game. Mighty important role for someone who lacks social skills.

Laura/Lara (whatever th Nun/Nurse's name is) will probably hate me cuz i've blacked out a few times since she's gotten there. I dont think i should even bother with her.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #147 on: August 03, 2009, 07:44:07 PM »
My bad, I meant Rosetta not Diana.

I've run out of constellations to see for both seasons, and various magick gems are rare to pickup, leading me to unlock the power of FISH.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 03, 2009, 07:53:25 PM »
My bad, I meant Rosetta not Diana.

I've run out of constellations to see for both seasons, and various magick gems are rare to pickup, leading me to unlock the power of FISH.

Haha oh her. Yeah i love how she reacts when i ship turnips as Mist is watching.. what a bitch! I always make sure to keep one turnip handy to give to Mist after Rosetta takes the rest of my shipment. I think she has 1 heart for me and 1 smiley. Still haven't decided on who to pursue and make my bride when the time comes. I know there's still some other women coming in to town, according to the manual, so I'll see what they're like.

If i had to choose from any of the available girls now, i'd have to base my judgement on those cutscenes at the bath-house and my top three would be:

Selphy
Mist
Rosetta.

Selphy cuz she thinks massaging them will make them smaller ;)

Mist cuz she isn't afraid to eye another lady (which means I won't have to rely on a pet goblin to fulfill my characters desire for a threesome).

Rosetta cuz her legs are "long smooth and delicious", though Mist got the bonus points there for being sassy and quick witted. :P

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 04, 2009, 11:09:16 AM »
SOooo i got a "Cool Forge" house extension from my buddy Kross, as well as a new forge from Luto. Now I can forge using 4-ingredient recipes, score! I was all excited to start building a ton of new **** when i realized i dont have silver yet, and thats a key ingredient in a lot of the better weapons/tools :( I was still able to make some neat stuff though! Made myself a water wand, have about 3 different hammers now and two axe! sweeet.

One thing I don't get is how there are multiple recipes for the same tool. For instance, you can make a Cheap Axe with a required forging skill lvl of 5, but then its listed again @ a higher req. skill lvl of like 15. The second one also uses an extra ingredient (usually 2 pieces of iron) but I didn't really see a difference when i forged them for the hell of it. It wasn't a higher level than the other axes i'd made. Weird.

Still working on finding the first dungeon boss.. Summer approaches!