Author Topic: Rune Factory Frontier  (Read 120702 times)

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
Re: Rune Factory Frontier
« Reply #100 on: July 20, 2009, 12:44:38 AM »
CURSED STORM

YOU MESSED UP MY FARM
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 20, 2009, 03:09:24 AM »
CURSED STORM

YOU MESSED UP MY FARM

"Aww Pooh...you messed up my moose!"
-Rabbit to Pooh Bear
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 20, 2009, 12:13:40 PM »
I will most likely get this game before the end of the week...

GHOSTBUSTERS BE DAMNED!

maybe i'll get that too, i got the $$ to spend
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #103 on: July 20, 2009, 12:25:52 PM »
I played a little Ghostbusters Wii co-op over the weekend, too.  I think it's a good product.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 20, 2009, 01:49:14 PM »
I played a little Ghostbusters Wii co-op over the weekend, too.  I think it's a good product.

Looks like i'll be making a double purchase this week.

Pro/Daisy Tested, Pro/Daisy Approved!

(we need a logo for that)
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 21, 2009, 05:03:30 AM »

I'm tempted to start work on that logo. I just have to find my Photo editing software disc so I can install it on my new computer.

Hey, EasyCure, you should buy me a game since you got the $$$! ;)
My Game Collection

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 21, 2009, 10:08:00 AM »

I'm tempted to start work on that logo. I just have to find my Photo editing software disc so I can install it on my new computer.

Hey, EasyCure, you should buy me a game since you got the $$$! ;)

Yeah sure i'll just ship it out to ya when i get the time

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 26, 2009, 01:47:09 PM »
This game is full of win. Wiisports 2 can wait.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #108 on: July 27, 2009, 01:24:51 AM »
ahahahahahhahahah

I didn't back in town in time to pickup Wii Sporks 2 today, so for now it's back to more GIRL FACTORY FRONTIER.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 27, 2009, 11:58:29 AM »
I'm enjoying being flirty flirty with "animu" girls more so than shooting aliens in the face in the condom unit.

Actually, I'm barely doing the flirty bit, I'm actually having fun farming in my field as well as the patches of fertile land in the ruins. I like how the game starts you off with a quick means to make money, so you can load up on seeds and make MORE money quicker. I remember the first time i played Harvest Moon, feeling like i couldn't afford too many crops until Summer came. Here, before my first harvest even came in i had multiple turnip seeds to sow.. i think by my second week i had 10+ bags of seeds! That was like, unheard of in my Harvest Moon days.

The leveling up is a nice touch too, and all the stats are fun to keep up with, and this is coming from someone not very big on stats. It was a little intimidating at first, thinking I'd have to keep track of all this stuff but its all pretty easy. You just use your tools as normal and get a nice surprise when you see "level up!" on screen, because you know you'll be using less and less of your RP as time goes on. That's another great thing, actually seeing your stamina on screen (as well as date and time) is great. Now, I've only played one other Harvest Moon game after the original 2, but improvements like this shoulda been something to come out sooo long ago. It's a bit of a shame that it took so long for Natsume to turn Harvest Moon in to what Rune Factory is. It seems like such a natural evolution and doesn't need to be its own separate series, but that's just my opinion. I suppose HM can keep the simpler gameplay and artstyle, perhaps market it as something more for a younger crowd. All i know is I'm hooked (and that's what i was afraid of :()

Hey Pro, can you tell me what the purple elephant thing is that's in my monster barn, and why it does NOTHING?

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #110 on: July 27, 2009, 12:06:46 PM »
It will do something, in time, but I'm not there yet.  (it will grow up)

The vast majority of my time was spent experimenting and interweaving the various tasks (fishing/cooking/forging/lab) and developing an optimization strategy for all the crap I collect ("I have this fish, now how do I make the most of it?  When the best time to sneak in fishing time?  How many do I want to catch?  How many should be used for cooking?  How many should I give as a gift?"), and way before that was stalking 5 different girls and figuring out their affinities.  Now I'm just focused on one girl, who's at 10 happy faces and 2 hearts -- I JUST figured out how to build up her heart rating at a regular pace.

I haven't even done any fighting inside Green Ruins yet.  But I'll get to that tonight.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 12:17:01 PM by NinGurl69 *huggles »

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 27, 2009, 12:16:50 PM »
Gotcha gotcha, figured it had to be SOMETHING significant. Got its own cutscene afterall. Just wasn't sure if it was something immediate or not, since there's no interaction with it what-so-ever and no info from the townsfolk.

Man, i wish this was a WFC game..

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #112 on: July 27, 2009, 12:21:59 PM »
Co-op stalker-peeper?  Wow.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 27, 2009, 12:32:07 PM »
Co-op stalker-peeper?  Wow.

Maybe next gen;)

Another question for the pro, which happens to be Pro!

What's with the homo-erotic vibe i get from the main character as well as the other farmer (not Kross) in the South District? He keeps blushing at me and mentioning how he has no girlfriend. Hell the first 2 days of playing, I'd go into peoples rooms to scope stuff out and noticed how (at least at first) I could only check the male characters beds.. and my guy would even contemplate sleeping in another guys bed!

My girlfriend and I had some good laughs at all those awkward moments.

Oh and for anyone who is interested in getting this game, don't let the homoeroticism scare you away. The game starts off with you acquiring a CHEAP HOE! :D
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 04:50:50 PM by EasyCure »

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #114 on: July 27, 2009, 05:22:45 PM »
I know what you're talking about.  Visiting him to acquire "his seeds" sends out strange signals.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 27, 2009, 05:25:39 PM »
I know what you're talking about.  Visiting him to acquire "his seeds" sends out strange signals.

exactly! Thats why i'm sticking to turnips from the grocery store :(

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #116 on: July 27, 2009, 05:30:15 PM »
Your farm won't support turnips and spring crops forever...

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 27, 2009, 05:30:55 PM »
Maybe they were going to add the option of a female playable character and scratched the idea, but some of the elements of it are still there.

Or they want to start adding a homosexual playable character (though I doubt it, this is a game made in Japan where saying there are such things as homosexuals is a joke in and of itself).
My Game Collection

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #118 on: July 27, 2009, 05:36:41 PM »
The new Idolmaster DS game features a boy dressing up like the other pop-idol skin-tight-clothed girls, for a Bill-approved degree of secksyness.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 27, 2009, 05:48:49 PM »
Your farm won't support turnips and spring crops forever...

But the dungeons will!

edit: UPDATE!

So I played for a bit last night, and I went to the bathhouse to recoup my HP/RP after a long day of farming/battling. I happened to explore the women's side of the bathhouse and it was the first time I'd noticed a character other than the owner and the old warrior looking dude that hangs out on the other end. It was Eunice and her mother, they gave me a talking to and basically called me a naughty boy for being in the women's side (even though I wasn't IN the bath area with them.

Anyway, I go to the appropriate side to regain my energy and i was surprised by a cutscene where my character overhears a conversation between Eunice and her mother.. She asks to wash her mothers back, then compliments her on how nice her skin is. The mother says something about how she (her daughter) needs more self confidence. The camera is on my character the whole time, but i was expecting something outta Porkey's to happen, I even checked the back of the box to see the games rating just in case! It didn't happen though..
instead something happened to my character.. It looked (and sounded) like he'd been spanked, then he collapsed right there in the water! He woke up dressed and still in the bath house, and left me very confused as to what happened.

Lol?

Oh, and turnip meteors for the EFFING WIN!

« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 09:50:55 AM by EasyCure »

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #120 on: July 29, 2009, 01:27:24 PM »
The spank represents the character's shock from sudden AROUSAL he couldn't handle.  Anime would've depicted explosive nosebleeds.

I'll use the bath at different hours for different... <3

AND ****, ANOTHER STORM FUCKED UP MY FARM LAST NIGHT.  I'm moving my ag operations exclusively to dungeons now.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #121 on: July 29, 2009, 02:22:14 PM »
I fish A LOT.

I cook A LOT.

This sexy girl really loves FISH.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 29, 2009, 02:35:56 PM »
The spank represents the character's shock from sudden AROUSAL he couldn't handle.  Anime would've depicted explosive nosebleeds.

I'll use the bath at different hours for different... <3

AND ****, ANOTHER STORM FUCKED UP MY FARM LAST NIGHT.  I'm moving my ag operations exclusively to dungeons now.

Thats what i figured, it was some 'animu' thing.. like Mario RPG's face-plants. It was hilarious, i gotta see more of those cutscenes. I've only had one rainy day so far (no storms, yet) and LUCKILY it came on a day after i planeted a ton of new crops and woke up with a cold. SWEET!

I need one more tip from you Pro: What's the deal with the tree stumps? I thought I'd get to break them up with a special attack once i leveled up (the weapon it turns out, though my character had to raise levels) but my newly, and might i add "perfectly," forged axe just isn't cuttin' it (pun intended!). I've tried multiple SA's on one stump but it's as if nothings there. What gives?

I fish A LOT.

I cook A LOT.

This sexy girl really loves FISH.

She might be a lesbian Cinnamon huh? She irratates me.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #123 on: July 29, 2009, 02:57:09 PM »
You need a better axe.  Silver?  I don't even have iron yet.  My farm looks like a tree stump farm.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #124 on: July 29, 2009, 03:23:51 PM »
Eunice's mom and the blacksmith lady would go well in the same sandwich.  I wonder why they're off-limits.