Author Topic: Rune Factory Frontier  (Read 121168 times)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: Rune Factory Frontier
« Reply #350 on: November 20, 2009, 05:26:15 PM »
Well, if you don't like swords, then you can use a spear. That's what I used as my first weapon. You can also use a hammer or an axe, once you have the ability to forge them. Currently I'm actually using an axe, because of its power, and it isn't quite as slow as a hammer. I've just got to not miss... >_<

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: November 20, 2009, 06:07:52 PM »
I love spears. Can you get them right off the bat?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: November 20, 2009, 06:11:40 PM »
I'm pretty sure you can buy one from the blacksmith. If not, it's one of the things you can forge when you first get the forging equipment.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: November 21, 2009, 02:05:03 AM »
i miss this game :(

you're all weaklings, real players use only the watering can in dungeons!

I'm so glad Pro updated this thread the way he did.. it got me to buy the game, which made Mop_it_up buy the game, which made Drew_MG buy the game, which made Stratos buy the game and now Silvergrey!!

February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline SilverGrey

• GP replacement
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: November 21, 2009, 02:45:29 AM »
Glad I'm making people happy, although I'm probably somewhere in the middle of that group, the site really wouldn't let me join the forum for a while.  I'd never considered a spear, I should check that out, maybe that would suit my style better.  Someday I  need to figure out if my monsters in my barn are going to starve because I've never fed them.  I'm a horrible monster-keeper.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: November 21, 2009, 05:58:50 AM »
you're all weaklings, real players use only the watering can in dungeons!

You can use the watering can?!? Awesome!

Glad I'm making people happy, although I'm probably somewhere in the middle of that group, the site really wouldn't let me join the forum for a while.  I'd never considered a spear, I should check that out, maybe that would suit my style better.  Someday I  need to figure out if my monsters in my barn are going to starve because I've never fed them.  I'm a horrible monster-keeper.

I hope you don't play Pokemon or I might have to call Officer Jenny to confiscate your monsters due to suspicion of abuse and neglect ;)
My Game Collection

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #356 on: November 21, 2009, 01:55:13 PM »
Silver', you don't have to feed them directly. Just keep the barn stocke with fodder and you're good, they eat on their own!

get fodder by mowing your grass... but don't cut it too early! wait till its tall enough that it covers your characters boots
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline SilverGrey

• GP replacement
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: November 21, 2009, 02:08:46 PM »
Wow, an automated feeding system.  I like it!  So much easier than Harvest Moon.  All my animals were mad at me on that farm too.  Through video games I have discovered that my future career should not lie in farming.  I quite like animals though, ask any of the animals in my World of Zoo....zoo (awkward phrase) because they are all very happy with me.  My monsters seem alright despite not having been fed (directly or indirectly) I brush them every day and they seem happy.  They won't do any of their jobs though, which is fine because I can take care of things on my own for now.  So I effectively have monster squatters on my land since they don't do anything.  One of them is supposed to gather rocks and I hope it later becomes apparent of what use that is supposed to be.  Does he really bring rocks?  And one of the other monsters seems to have no use whatsoever, so I feel bad for him (it?).  Okay, I think I'm finished psychoanalyzing my monster population for now, except for the little purple elephant that doesn't seem to want to live with the rest of the monsters, were they mean to him or something?  Now I have monster thugs?

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #358 on: November 21, 2009, 02:18:11 PM »
all monsters start off as thugs, and its your job to help them thru your half-way house you call a barn.

and yes, the automated feeding system does wonders in this game! Don't worry about the monsters not doing their jobs, they'll come around. you just have to raise their friendship points before they help you out on the farm; sort of like when catching higher level pokemon, they wouldn't listen to your commands, just.. worse cuz they do NOTHING but eat your food.

as for the purple elephant.. well... i'd hate to break this to you but you must be drunk cuz there's no such thing :P

Offline SilverGrey

• GP replacement
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: November 21, 2009, 02:45:28 PM »
If I were drunk I'd be seeing Pink Elephants, not purple ones.  Disney even wrote a whole song about it!  You learn a lot from watching Dumbo....

And man pokemon sound like ornery little buggers the way you describe them, maybe that's why I never learned how to play.  Someone tried to teach me once and it reminded me too much of the time someone else tried to teach me how to play Magic.  I've since learned to be cautious if someone starts out by saying 'oh let me teach you how to play! It's so easy!'

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #360 on: November 21, 2009, 07:37:13 PM »
I'm playing this game at the BEST pace.

I bought the game in Spring, it starts off in Spring.  I last left off just before in-game Winter, and now it's practically Winter!  There's so much to not do!

EAT YOUR HEART OUT, CASUAL CROSSING.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: November 21, 2009, 11:07:48 PM »
I should maybe get into that whole raising of animals thing but there has always been something else I wanted to do so I never got around to it.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: November 22, 2009, 12:46:57 AM »
When does the blacksmith open up? I want to buy a real weapon but they are still closed on day two.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 22, 2009, 01:09:29 AM »
I think that there is a little series of events which you must do before it opens. Just keep talking with everyone that you meet.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: November 22, 2009, 01:35:18 AM »
I think that there is a little series of events which you must do before it opens. Just keep talking with everyone that you meet.

I guess I should explore the town more. After I found the first dungeon by accident I've thought of nothing but going in there and hunting monsters.
My Game Collection

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #365 on: November 22, 2009, 04:27:52 PM »
the shop should be available once t he character is, during that first day where the old women has you running errands. after that, show up after 9am and she should be available to purchase **** from.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: November 22, 2009, 04:52:11 PM »
I just figured out the errand chain so I dumped all of my initial money of a Spear. I like the range on them because I can keep enemies from getting close to me.

I got the Cheap Hammer but it won't let me destroy the rocks on my field. Do I need a shovel or something? Rather frustrating I can only fit a few 3x3 plots on my field because of all the debris and rocks that I cannot move.
My Game Collection

Offline SilverGrey

• GP replacement
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: November 22, 2009, 04:56:23 PM »
The Cheap Hammer is no use on big rocks, as far as I'm aware.  You need a better hammer.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 22, 2009, 04:59:11 PM »
Really? It worked on the rocks in the Whale Island dungeon to get iron and those rocks were bigger than the ones on my farm. Where do I get this 'better hammer'?
My Game Collection

Offline SilverGrey

• GP replacement
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: November 22, 2009, 05:02:09 PM »
You need to forge it when you purchase a forge.  And you then use the raw materials you got out of the rocks on Whale Island to upgrade your current Hammer.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: November 22, 2009, 05:02:46 PM »
The big rocks on Whale Island have various fractures in them so they are weak and brittle, the rocks on your field are solid so they need a stronger hammer. You'll need to get the forging equipment, and then you can upgrade your cheap hammer which will allow you to break the rocks with a special attack. You'll need the second upgrade before you can break the boulders.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #371 on: November 22, 2009, 05:41:47 PM »
awww.. its so cute how the information i've given you all in the past is being passed down to a new member of the cult...

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 22, 2009, 09:12:05 PM »
I think that EasyCure should get a cut of the profits of this game since he has helped sell it.

Speaking of, has there been any word of a Europe release? Somebody I talk to on another forum would like to know.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 22, 2009, 09:35:33 PM »
nah, marvelous needs all the money it can get!

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #374 on: November 23, 2009, 12:32:50 AM »
I think that EasyCure should get a cut of the profits of this game since he has helped sell it.

Speaking of, has there been any word of a Europe release? Somebody I talk to on another forum would like to know.
Nothing solid but it is expected Febuary 26th 2010.
It got pushed back before so I'm not sure if that date will stick.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.