Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*  (Read 3157628 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Wii rumor thread *bring your own salt*
« Reply #3100 on: December 13, 2010, 07:53:12 PM »
Since you guys have smashbrothers on the brain right now, some made a "de-make" of the game.
Looks pretty good too.

Super Smash Land (GB)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dmHjdUere4

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: December 13, 2010, 11:01:42 PM »
I would be up for some of that Super Smash Land any time.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #3102 on: December 14, 2010, 01:46:53 AM »
Now, you just upgrade that to SNES graphics, add som 3D and BAM! You've got yourself a hit.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3103 on: December 14, 2010, 04:50:42 AM »
I have to say, I don't think Brawl and Melee are that different when you get into the multiplayer aspects of the game.  I like both equally the same.  However, I don't think either Brawl or Melee were very casual friendly, because the game was fast, and too much happened.  There was so much little things that you had to keep up with...and in the end.  I never played with friends for very long...because they got bored or frustrated with the experience.  We would pull it out for like 30 minutes and move on. 

I think the speed of the games both brawl and Melee became too fast.  It wasn't how complicated the games were or the added features, but the speed in which everything happened and can change.  I really liked the speed of the first game better.  Also, I think scrolling levels, and too many larger interactive levels complicated things too much. 

That all said.  I never said Brawl or Melee failed in multiplayer...I think it just isn't for everyone.  They are both fantastic multiplayer games.  What Brawl did worse than Melee was provide engaging and enjoyable single player experiences.  Melee was literally filled to the brim with everything imaginable that you could want from a single game experience.  Could it be improved upon sure...but the total package was there.  The same is not true with Brawl.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: December 14, 2010, 10:50:26 AM »
Brawl and Melee were both great. As for Melee being hardcore, I disagree. The only part that I thought was too hard were a couple of the Events (defeating Giga Bowser, Mewtwo, and Ganondorf was insanely hard).

Actually that events not too bad if you used Jigglypuff.  Since Giga Bowser was so huge and Ganondorf and Mewtwo were always right next to him, it's pretty easy to have her Rest attack connect with all of them which at once.

Usually by the time your at your last life, Giga Bowser is gone since his huge size made him the easiest target for Rest, and after he's gone, Mewtwo and Gannondorf have taken a lot of damage making them pretty easy to KO with a well timed Rollout attack.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #3105 on: December 14, 2010, 02:49:48 PM »
Did anyone beat this event without losing a life?

Yep, with Jigglypuff.

Anyway, Brawl has some much harder challenges than Melee did... I gave up the idea of getting all of the trophies in Brawl as some are just so hard.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #3106 on: December 14, 2010, 07:45:10 PM »
Anyway, Brawl has some much harder challenges than Melee did... I gave up the idea of getting all of the trophies in Brawl as some are just so hard.

Yeah the beat Boss Battle on Intense is basically impossible to do.  The bosses are just insane in that mode and can basically KO any character in just a few hits.  And if your lucky enough to actually make it to Tabuu, unless your using Pokemon Trainer or Zelda since their transformations can bypass his red rings of death, your screwed since you have to basically be a Jedi Knight to dodge all 3 rings fast enough on that mode, with any hit resulting in an instant KO.  Of course it doesn't really matter since on Intense, Taboo is moving so fast your usually dead before he brings out the rings anyway.

So yeah, that's the trophy that guarantees I'll never 100% Brawl either.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #3107 on: December 15, 2010, 08:49:49 PM »
I think the speed of the games both brawl and Melee became too fast.  It wasn't how complicated the games were or the added features, but the speed in which everything happened and can change.  I really liked the speed of the first game better.  Also, I think scrolling levels, and too many larger interactive levels complicated things too much.
I definitely agree with this. The first game had the perfect pacing, and it was a mistake to increase the speed.

Anyway, Brawl has some much harder challenges than Melee did...
It depends on your definition of challenge. I thought that all of the single player modes in Brawl were easier than in Melee. The things that are difficult in Brawl are based on luck rather than skill, such as beating the Boss Battles on the hardest difficulty, and getting the boss trophies, since you have to hope a trophy item appears when a boss is down to one hit. Those were the only two tasks I didn't bother with in Brawl, whereas I did everything in Melee except play one million vs. mode matches. Melee's challenges are a test of skill and Brawl's are a test of patience.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3108 on: December 16, 2010, 12:00:07 AM »
I really want to play Melee with the speed of the original game.  I think it would really help the games advancements to feel better.  I love the added throws, shield techniques and such in Melee, but that speed was crazy.  I really want a 3rd Smash Bros game to see what could happen to the series...and I really want a new creative team to work on it. 

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #3109 on: December 16, 2010, 11:50:05 AM »
I really want a 3rd Smash Bros game to see what could happen to the series...and I really want a new creative team to work on it. 

Did you forget about Super Smash Bros. Brawl? That was the third game. And it did have a new team (the same person in charge was the same and some of the key people, but the actual team was different)
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3110 on: December 17, 2010, 07:11:58 AM »
Oops you are right...I meant 4.  Yes a new team, but same director.  Which means doesn't mean much. 

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #3111 on: December 21, 2010, 07:45:02 PM »
(defeating Giga Bowser, Mewtwo, and Ganondorf was insanely hard).
At least Giga Bowser had the weight of normal Bowser (or maybe lighter) instead of his regular Adventure Mode weight, meaning he isn't a stone brick until you get him above 300%.

Did anyone beat this event without losing a life?

I did, with over half the roster, some on video capture, not even including Jigglypuff, and treating Zelda and Sheek separately.

Don't tell me Caterkiller is the only decent player left around here.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #3112 on: December 22, 2010, 02:39:31 AM »
Wow! Praise from Caesar!

I posted this in the Zelda thread but I think it should go here.

“Look, everything I create has a little bit of me in it, and there are some common factors. Mario will never end up in an overly violent game, yet all these years he gets through games by punching and kicking”.

And with that Miyamoto picks up his controllers again and starts punching and kicking. And grinning.

I wonder if Miyamoto started doing martial arts for exercise... We'll have a new Karate fighter adventure with some rad violence coming our way for sure!
http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/37425/interview-shigeru-miyamoto-nintendo-zelda

Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #3113 on: December 24, 2010, 03:45:41 PM »
We'll here's something interesting.  Nintendo registers Amaterasu trademark.

http://www.nintendoeverything.com/57813/

Zelda vs Okami?

Amaterasu confirmed for next Smash Bros?

Amaterasu in the next Nintendogs?

Amaterasu is the newest Pokemon?

Amaterasu in next Star Fox?

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #3114 on: December 24, 2010, 04:29:11 PM »
If Nintendo filed the trademark, it probably has nothing to do with Capcom's Okami. It's probably for a new IP as it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else. Odd that Nintendo would even be granted that trademark. That's kind of like trademarking the name "Jesus."

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #3115 on: December 24, 2010, 04:52:45 PM »
That's kind of like trademarking the name "Jesus."

Actually, several exists (something can be trademarked more than once since it goes by category). In the US, someone named Frederick Scharping II trademarked "Jesus" for use on t-shirts.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #3116 on: December 24, 2010, 06:02:52 PM »
Of course, one can trademark something like that because Nintendo just did. It still seems like a gray area. Nintendo trademarking "Amaterasu" is like someone trademarking "Jesus" as opposed to "Jesus Christ" or even "Jesus the Christ." Nintendo probably wouldn't have been granted a trademark for "Amaterasu Omikami," but locking "Amaterasu" is the next best thing. Even if Nintendo tried to deny it, the religious connotations are invariably there.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3117 on: December 26, 2010, 06:52:52 AM »
You can trademark a dead person?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3118 on: January 02, 2011, 04:06:42 PM »
Can we not get into religion here?

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3119 on: January 02, 2011, 04:54:59 PM »
I don't think that discussing the logistics of copyrighting the name of a historical figure counts as "getting into religion."
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #3120 on: January 02, 2011, 09:56:10 PM »
Also, Jesus is just a translation of the historical figure's name (I assume that's who we're talking to...Yehoshua), which makes it even more generic.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #3121 on: January 02, 2011, 10:11:23 PM »
also, unless we are all practicers of Shinto, which pretty much unless you speak Japanese then you are not, then the idea that this is religious discussion is faulty. This would be more of a mythological discussion as disparagingly as that sounds to the nonexistantv shinto members of the board. We could talk about Zeus, Hera, Venus, Juno, Jupiter, or Aphrodite and there would be no confusion. 
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3122 on: January 06, 2011, 06:37:24 PM »
Talking about the name Jesus in general is not a religious discussion.  Doing what Stratos did and referring to Jesus of Nazareth (unless there is another famous Jesus) as dead goes directly at the religion that is based around him.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #3123 on: January 06, 2011, 09:12:38 PM »
What about Jesus from the Big Lebowski? Can we trademark that? What about Bob?

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #3124 on: January 07, 2011, 11:56:54 PM »
I don't see how that's getting religious. He was in fact a living person, and he died...that's not religion, it's fact. Discussing anything that may or may not have happened afterward would be getting into religious discussion.

Also it's "The Jesus" from The Big Lebowski.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA