Author Topic: Killing Dragons and Stuff (Skyrim)  (Read 49853 times)

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Killing Dragons and Stuff (Skyrim)
« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2011, 10:10:42 PM »
I get that.  When I say junk that is what I refer to.  I realize that aside from the bugs and crashes, there is good software there.  But that is just the problem.  They get praise for creating broken software. 

What would have happened if Skyward Sword glitched and froze every half an hour, or there were bugs everywhere?  Sure the underlying game would have been good, but it would have been ruined by all the dodgy stuff.  What would reviewers have said?  It would have been absolutely decimated by reviews and word of mouth.  Let's continue that scenario for another point.

What if Nintendo released aforementioned dodginess, and after much complaining from the populous said; "Sorry, we released a broken game that every Tom, Dick and Harry was waiting for and as a result gives much grief.  So here are a couple of patches that fix about 30% of the bugs and create other problems at the same time. Enjoy"

What would happen? 

Seriously, how can one be satisfied with a broken game, even defending it?

Disclaimer:  This was not an attack on you Chozo.  More a random rant than anything else.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2011, 10:44:31 PM »
Nintendo DID release a broken game in the form of Metroid: Other M. I'm not talking about how the game was mediocre and not up to the Metroid standards (which is true), but the game killing bug which results in a door being permanently locked and you can't do anything at this point except restart the game over from the beginning, and this happens rather late in the game so having to start all over really sucks.

Actually, I think there was a bug in Twilight Princess which prevented games from being completed also. Seems like I remember people talking about getting trapped in a Dungeon and no way to get out or something like that. I never experienced that bug, but I did experience the Other M one. Did Nintendo ever patch these problems? Not that I know of. Although in the case of Other M they allowed you to send your broken save on an SD card in the mail and they would then fix it and send it back, but I assume you would have to pay postage for that not to mention wait however many days or weeks to get it back.

Broodwars seems to be having a lot of problems, but at least so far he has been able to reboot the system and carry on without having to start the game all over again. With Metroid Other M and Twilight Princess the players who suffered these game killing bugs were not so lucky.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 10:47:17 PM by Chozo Ghost »
is your sanity...

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2011, 10:48:01 PM »
What you say is true.  And also proves my point.  Can you remember the reaction when Nintendo came up with their prepostrous bug "fix"?  It was outrage. 

Why does Bethesda get away with it?  Why do their games still get  high scores and the crashes and bugs are just a "minor inconvenience but go buy it anyway"?  The more sales the Bethesda get with broken software the less interest they have in fixing it.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 03, 2011, 10:54:39 PM »
I think the difference is Metroid Other M was a mediocre game so it didn't take much to push people over the edge and lose patience with it. But these open world Bethesda RPGs like Skyrim and Fallout 3 seem to so addictive and fun that people are more willing to look past these problems.

I agree with you that doesn't make it right... but I think that's why these games are able to get away with this stuff.
is your sanity...

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 04, 2011, 12:47:24 AM »
They get praise for creating broken software.

Well, if it works for Apple...
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 04, 2011, 01:44:48 AM »
Nintendo DID release a broken game in the form of Metroid: Other M. I'm not talking about how the game was mediocre and not up to the Metroid standards (which is true), but the game killing bug which results in a door being permanently locked and you can't do anything at this point except restart the game over from the beginning, and this happens rather late in the game so having to start all over really sucks.

Actually, I think there was a bug in Twilight Princess which prevented games from being completed also. Seems like I remember people talking about getting trapped in a Dungeon and no way to get out or something like that. I never experienced that bug, but I did experience the Other M one. Did Nintendo ever patch these problems? Not that I know of. Although in the case of Other M they allowed you to send your broken save on an SD card in the mail and they would then fix it and send it back, but I assume you would have to pay postage for that not to mention wait however many days or weeks to get it back.

Broodwars seems to be having a lot of problems, but at least so far he has been able to reboot the system and carry on without having to start the game all over again. With Metroid Other M and Twilight Princess the players who suffered these game killing bugs were not so lucky.

The bugs in Other M and Twilight Princess were both one thing in each that the majority of people playing weren't even effected by and can be easily avoided when you know how they're activated.  With Bethesda games though, the majority of people playing experience them and can happen anywhere which makes them very hard to avoid.  Plus Other M and Twilight Princess are the only two Nintendo games to have a major bug in them.  Look at all the other games Nintendo's release though, everything else is pretty much bug free.  Meanwhile, everything Bethesda releases is pretty much bug city.

This is why I wouldn't compare Nintendo to Bethesda since bugs in Nintendo games are still very rare and even when games like Other M and Twilight Princess have one, the bugs are only triggered by doing something that the majority of people playing the games never even end up doing and can avoid doing.  Unlike Bethesda games were bugs are everywhere and can happen at anytime and anyplace.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 04, 2011, 02:12:29 AM »
The major bug in Twilight Princess required the player to save their game when they're in the cave where you originally find the Canon.  Then they had to quit and reload their save, which would send them back into the cave but with the door out locked so they could never leave.  It was a nasty bug that I believe was fixed in later versions of the game, but I really can't imagine more than .5% of the players who played the game deliberately saving there and then turning the game off for the night.  It's definitely an A-class bug, but with such an extremely low user path it's easy to see how Nintendo missed it.

As for the Metroid Other M bug, I'm much less sympathetic to Nintendo on that one because you triggered it by playing the game like a previous Metroid title: you get a new power-up, and then you attempt to backtrack to see what you can do with it.  Still, I don't think that's a particularly high user path in that particular game, since the whole game just constantly pushes you to move forward and avoiding the bug is only 2 rooms ahead.

With Bethesda, though, you trigger these bugs just by playing the game, and playing it the way Bethesda encourages you to play it: deliberately exploring and doing whatever you want whenever you want.  You accomplished a task before the game asked for it?  BUGS!  You played the game for longer than apparently Bethesda's recommended game time?  BUGS!  You try to access the Skills screen at any point in time to select a perk?  BUGS!  You access the map after an auto-save when the game doesn't feel like it (as I just saw when my PS3 crashed)?  BUGS!  You enter a loading screen?  CRASHES!

I have major issues with how the industry as a whole lets Bethesda get away with really terrible programming and QA, instead passing it all on to the consumers.  Now, as a former QA tester, I can tell you that NO game is bug-free.  It is not humanly possible to program a bug-free game.  The best you can do is to wipe out all the bugs that you can, with an emphasis on bugs users will likely ever see.  Nintendo minimizes their bugs by putting their games through extremely long development cycles and minimizing their scope, since the larger your game gets the more moving parts the game has to keep track of and the larger the likelyhood of major bugs.

On the flipside, Bethesda programs beyond their capability, building "big games" with huge scopes because they know that people will let them get away with anything bad that comes of that.  Honestly, I'm really liking Skyrim when it works right, but it really didn't need to be this ridiculously huge and complicated (especially if they plan on selling big DLC packs later).  I would have taken a substantially-smaller game world and fewer quests if it meant the game didn't crash my PS3 every few hours.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 02:17:24 AM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 04, 2011, 02:31:46 AM »
the bugs are only triggered by doing something that the majority of people playing the games never even end up doing and can avoid doing.

That's a load of crap. I don't know if the majority was effected or not, but the Other M problem was very widespread. The bug was triggered by backtracking at a certain place, which was something I did because I just went through this fire area and was at poor health so I was desperately searching for a save thing or energy tank or something like that as I remember it, because I didn't want to move forward into a new area on such low health. I don't know what other players might have been thinking, but I think I had a good logical reason for backtracking and besides that the Metroid games are supposed to be about exploring and finding items and stuff.

Metroid Other M was garbage because you didn't find your powerups via exploration as you usually do, but instead you have them and just can't use them until Adam authorizes them. That's bullshit and it goes against the spirit of Metroid. But at that time I was playing the game as if it were a Metroid game and I was exploring, and I got punished for it. You are telling me I was doing something wrong or something I wasn't supposed to do... but that is what you are supposed to do in Metroid.

So if that effected the majority or not I don't know. Maybe it didn't. But long time Metroid fans like myself who expect to be rewarded by exploring and backtracking were very likely to be hit by this bug. Maybe not a majority, but I don't think its accurate to say this effected only a small percentage of players. A lot of people were effected by that.

Now as for Nintendo games being of high quality and generally bug free, that is true... or at least it was true. You say Twilight Princess and Other M are the only Nintendo games to have game killing bugs like that, and that may be true as far as I know, but I find it very alarming that these two games were released recently in the same generation. It looks bad when you have a company with a flawless track record for decades and then all of the sudden major problems like this pop up repeatedly. I really do believe things have been going down hill at Nintendo ever since Reggie and Iwata took over. These sorts of problems didn't exist when Yamauchi was running things.

And bugs aside, I never expected such garbage as Other M to be released by Nintendo. The fact this is a Nintendo game has really shaken my faith in the company.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 02:40:55 AM by Chozo Ghost »
is your sanity...

Offline Tamazoid

• Score: -5
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 04, 2011, 05:38:26 AM »
2 times isn't repeatedly. That's two times out of all the Nintendo games released for the Wii. I'm sure there were glitches and bugs in earlier Nintendo games.  The point is that both the TP and Other M glitches are only triggered by doing a certain action that a fraction of gamers would take that's why the game testers missed it.

Reggie would have minimal impact on the development of games as he's just purely PR for NA I don't know why Americans always bring up Reggie for the reason of Nintendo's decline. Other M isn't the first crap game Nintendo has released and it won't be the last. All gaming companies have released atleast one crap game in their lifetime.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 05:41:00 AM by Tamazoid »
Follow me on Twitter
Or join in at the castle

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 04, 2011, 05:52:34 AM »
a certain action that a fraction of gamers would take that's why the game testers missed it.

*Sigh* I thought I already addressed this.

Well, I'm not again. If you don't get it then you are just like Reggie, Sakamoto, and Iwata, because apparently they don't get it either. Only a fraction of Other M players would play the game like a Metroid game? If that is what Nintendo believes then its doubtful they will make a good Metroid game ever again. Now that Retro is no longer making Metroid games, that's it. The franchise is dead.
is your sanity...

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 04, 2011, 07:42:52 AM »
Two games from Nintendo, each with only one show stopping bug is enough to shake your faith in them?!? I just have to ask how much faith you had in them in the first place. Metroid isn't dead. At worse it's being left fallow. It got over exposed and Retro should be given the opportunity to make something different. It will get rotated back in good time.

Buggy games this bad shouldn't be tolerated no matter who makes them. It doesn't matter if a painting might be the best thing ever painted if the picture is peeling off the canvas. It doesn't matter how awesome a house is if it doesn't have a proper foundation and it's the same with games. Bethesda has released so many outrageously buggy games to the point where it's a meme for buggy/broken games, like Valve' delays with it's "Valve time".

**** like this is a classic case of Battered person syndrome. Gamers keep playing nice in hopes of bug fixes while Bethesda continues to openly abuse the relationship. Even Stockholm syndrome is a better relationship since the hostages get to go home after it's over.

Point(s) should be docked for obviously buggy games. If nothing else, it would provide a good incentive for companies to release less buggy games since for a lot of companies those first 2 weeks are where the big sales are made. I don't see why reviews give a pass on bugs found in a game. It's in the game, it's part of the game, it most certainly affects gameplay especially when they stop you from playing the game.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 04, 2011, 03:06:27 PM »
Two games from Nintendo, each with only one show stopping bug is enough to shake your faith in them?!?

Not just because of the bugs. I could have looked past that as long as Metroid: Other M were as good as all the other games in the Metroid series. It wasn't though. Even if you take that one bug out of consideration the game is still garbage, and that's what shook my faith, because that game has the Nintendo name attached to it and I expected better.

Its the equivalent of some great painter who has been putting out masterpieces for decades, but then all of the sudden he releases some piece of crap done in crayons and colored outside of the lines and looks like some little kid made, yet it has his name attached to it and it is his latest work. Wouldn't this come as a shock?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 03:10:06 PM by Chozo Ghost »
is your sanity...

Offline Tamazoid

• Score: -5
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 05, 2011, 01:25:16 AM »
a certain action that a fraction of gamers would take that's why the game testers missed it.

*Sigh* I thought I already addressed this.

Well, I'm not again. If you don't get it then you are just like Reggie, Sakamoto, and Iwata, because apparently they don't get it either. Only a fraction of Other M players would play the game like a Metroid game? If that is what Nintendo believes then its doubtful they will make a good Metroid game ever again. Now that Retro is no longer making Metroid games, that's it. The franchise is dead.

What's with your Reggie hate? I didn't know Reggie has a say in the production of Nintendo games. Reggie is purely PR for NA and would have limited say in the running of Nintendo Japan. Your irrational hatred of Reggie is quite amusing.

Nintendo obviously attempted to take the Metroid series into a new direction in Other M and it failed. You can't complain that Nintendo are just sticking to the same formula as many people complain. If one bad game kills a franchise Sonic should be dead buried and gone.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 01:28:04 AM by Tamazoid »
Follow me on Twitter
Or join in at the castle

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 05, 2011, 01:48:34 AM »
Reggie has nothing to do with the production of the games, but he is responsible for the marketing. He is on record saying the game didn't meet his expectations, and apparently he doesn't understand why. That's why I said he didn't get it. I seriously doubt he even played the game personally and I also doubt he is a long time fan of the series, so that's why he wouldn't understand why people didn't like it. I don't blame Reggie for this so much as Sakamoto because he is the one who made it and should have known better. Reggie can sorta be excused for not knowing better, but really it is his job to understand what gamers want and if he isn't a gamer himself then he needs to start being one, or else go back to VH1 where he came from.
is your sanity...

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 05, 2011, 02:58:15 AM »
Well, I think I've finally hit it: the bug that will lead to me stopping play immediately, trading the game in, and never playing the game again.  The crashes I can deal with, as annoying as they are.  But early on in the Thieves Guild quest line, you're given a set of what to me were pretty useless Thieves Guild Armor.  I couldn't be bothered to trudge all the way back to my house to store it, so I sold it to the local Thieves Guild fencer.

Well, it turns out that very fencer is also the person who upgrades your armor, and until she can upgrade your armor she can't be used as a fencer anymore.  To make matters even better, you apparently CAN'T complete the Thieves Guild quest line without a piece of Thieves Guild armor, and that's the only set of its kind in the game.  I can't complete this quest line and I can't get the trophy for restoring the Thieves Guild now.  I am beyond angry now, because it means all the time I've already put into this quest line and all the time I was going to put into it have been a complete waste of time.  Considering all the useless crap the game labels as "quest items" you can't get rid of if you wanted to, these armor pieces weren't considered important enough to force the player to keep?

**** this game.  I'm done.  I'm done with Bethesda's B.S.  I'll give them a few weeks to fix this bug, but otherwise this game becomes trade-in credit.  I have completely had it with their horrible programming.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 05, 2011, 04:59:53 AM »
Can't you kill her and take the armor off her corpse? Or Pickpocket it?

Your problem reminds me of a problem I had in Oblivion where the Queen or whatever she is of that Nord town in the north sends you in a quest to these ruins or whatever to retrieve some ancient artifact and I did that and gave her the artifact but I then pickpocketed the artifact off her and then the quest was complete, but now I had this item which was considered a quest item so I couldn't drop it or fence it or do a damn thing with it. My problem wasn't as bad as yours obviously, but it reminds me of that.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 05:03:56 AM by Chozo Ghost »
is your sanity...

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 05, 2011, 06:30:17 AM »
Reggie has nothing to do with the production of the games, but he is responsible for the marketing. He is on record saying the game didn't meet his expectations, and apparently he doesn't understand why. That's why I said he didn't get it. I seriously doubt he even played the game personally and I also doubt he is a long time fan of the series, so that's why he wouldn't understand why people didn't like it. I don't blame Reggie for this so much as Sakamoto because he is the one who made it and should have known better. Reggie can sorta be excused for not knowing better, but really it is his job to understand what gamers want and if he isn't a gamer himself then he needs to start being one, or else go back to VH1 where he came from.

As we know Chozo's opinion is fact, some of us actually enjoyed Metroid Other M. So please stay on topic of bugs, not rants on why your opinion of Metroid Other M being "garbage" is absolute fact. Guess what I'm a long time Metroid fan (I bought Metroid 1 back when it was new!) and I really enjoyed the game.

Now back on topic, it is ridiculous how companies are allowed to get away with a myriad of bugs in their games. Bathesda is one of the worse offenders, I enjoy their games but they seem to feel they can get away with releasing unfinished, buggy messes, which is why I wait on purchasing them until they have cleared up most of them.

It seems most developers who got their start in consoles, are quite good about limiting the bugs in their games, while those who started on the PC and moved to the consoles can be hit or miss.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 05, 2011, 07:44:39 AM »
Can't you kill her and take the armor off her corpse? Or Pickpocket it?

Nope.  Once you've sold or lost this armor, it's gone forever.  You can't just kill or pickpocket another Thieves Guild member obviously wearing it, either.  It never shows up in anyone's inventory.

The only positive in all this is that I looked on Bethesda's forums, and this very issue is very high on their unofficial Bugs list.  There's a very good chance Bethesda will fix this issue in some form or fashion, though they haven't commented on it.  In any case, I wouldn't expect a patch for quite a while, since the last patch Bethesda put out for this game only made things worse.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #93 on: December 05, 2011, 11:08:56 AM »
Thanks for posting about this because I just started the Theives Guild quest. Now I know not to get rid of the armor.

Offline Killer_Man_Jaro

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 05, 2011, 12:09:48 PM »
All this talk of bugs is depressing. I really wanted the PC version of Skyrim and was considering asking for it for Christmas, but this kind of crap is inexcusable. I had a lot of fun with Oblivion, but Fallout 3 was the most disappointing game of this generation by a country mile for me, and the preponderance of bugs was a huge part of that disappointment. You ask me to pay no small amount of a money for a game, you better make sure it freakin' works.

I have to say, it is sort of shocking that reviewers gave these problems a complete pass. "There were all these glitches and the game even froze a few times... pffffft, oh well, what'cha gonna do? 10/10" I don't care how good the game is when everything's working all right - if a game hard locks your system on multiple occasions, that's not some trivial detail that you just skip over as if it has no bearing on your enjoyment.
Tom Malina
UK Correspondent
-----------------------------
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 05, 2011, 01:24:40 PM »
My biggest problem with Bethesda is that they have these big ambitions, and then they proceed to design beyond what they're capable of actually programming.  They remind me of Ian Malcolm's big speech in Jurassic Park:

Dr. Ian Malcolm
: I'll tell you the problem with the scientific power you're using here: it didn't require any discipline to attain it. You read what others had done, and you took the next step. You didn't earn the knowledge for yourselves, so you don't take any responsibility for it. You stood on the shoulders of geniuses to accomplish something as fast as you could, and before you even knew what you had, you, you've patented it, and packaged it, you've slapped it on a plastic lunchbox, and now
 [pounds table with fists]

Dr. Ian Malcolm: you're selling it.
 [pounds table again]

Dr. Ian Malcolm: You want to sell it, well...

John Hammond
: I don't think you're giving us our due credit. Our scientists have done things which nobody's ever done before...

Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether they could that they didn't stop to think if they should.

Bethesda is so concerned with pushing the envelope of just how much unnecessary crap they can cram into these games that they never stop to think if their engine is actually capable of doing it.  For example, is it really necessary to keep track of each and every person you've slain and the state of their body once you leave an area?  Is it necessary to keep track of each and every thing you interact with exactly as you left it?  Stuff like this is what causes the file size to skyrocket and gradually pushes the engine beyond what it can handle.  The result? Massive glitches and inevitable crashes.  I'll gladly take a smaller and more focused game from Bethesda if it means the game actually works like it should.

I'll acknowledge that Bethesda is a visionary in pushing the immersion of games.  Lord knows they've certainly hooked me several times with their big worlds and wanton freedom to explore.  But I look at other games that have come out this year that are now thought to be "lesser", and I wonder why?  Arkham City isn't a big massive world that tracks every single thing you can do, but Rocksteady knew their limits and designed within them.  The result is that the game is very solid and polished, and it's never once crashed on me.  It's the same with Portal 2, Xenoblade, Resistance 3, Child of Eden, Deus Ex HR, etc.  Al the great games that came out this year not from Bethesda are much better designed, and yet they'll likely get snubbed due to this game come Game of the Year time.  What a pity.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 01:28:59 PM by broodwars »

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 05, 2011, 02:24:01 PM »
A poster on another of my boards posted this excellent article by The Digital Foundry showing just how badly this game runs on PS3 with larger save files, as well as educated theories as to why that is.  There's even video so you PC and 360 gamers can see for yourselves how badly Bethesda screwed up here.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 05, 2011, 02:49:14 PM »
You know I didn't think the PS3 had less useable RAM then the 360.  That explains some things.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 05, 2011, 03:10:21 PM »
You know I didn't think the PS3 had less useable RAM then the 360.  That explains some things.

There are undoubtedly hardware-specific issues with this game that's just native to how the PS3 works, but it begs the question of why Bethesda didn't optimize the game to work within those specs (like most companies do, and their PS3 ports tend to turn out fine).  Oh right, because they're Bethesda and working with what you have rather than what you want is for "lesser" companies.

And it is pure amateur hour that Bethesda designed this game to steadily increase the file size of the save file as the user changes things from their default state.  Nothing good ever comes from having a file that can grow unchecked by the rest of the system.

I'm just furious with myself for buying into Bethesda's lies with this game.  I somehow managed to finish Fallout 3 despite it being the buggiest game I'd ever played at that time.  Then Obsidian released New Vegas, which was even buggier and used the same engine.  Then Bethesda promised us all that Skyrim wouldn't be as unplayable as those two games eventually got.  Then they release a half-assed PS3 port of Skyrim, and it's just as bad if not worse.  And I was suckered into giving them $60 for it.  Well, never again.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 03:14:33 PM by broodwars »

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 05, 2011, 04:56:50 PM »
Broodwars, there is an Elder Scrolls wiki and you may want to consult that whenever you get new items or whatever so you can find out if these things are needed or not. I guess you are probably close to being done with the game so it might not really matter, but here is the link anyway.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Skyrim

I've found this site extremely helpful when I was playing Oblivion. It is even better than any game guide you could buy, because unlike a game guide this is constantly being kept up to date, and unlike a game guide this wiki is completely free. You can also edit to it if you have anything new to add.

Edit:

how badly this game runs on PS3

Well, you do have a 360.... I know you said you reserve that only for Microsoft exclusives, but maybe you should allow an exception for Bethesda games?

Obviously Bethesda is a PC first developer. That's where their roots are and that's what their focus is. The 360 is the console most similar to PCs so that would be next in line. Finally, in third and final place there is the PS3 which Bethesda treats as their redheaded step child. Maybe once the Wii U is out Bethesda will decide that system will be their redheaded step child and abuse that and maybe the PS3 will be treated a little better, but until then apparently the 360 is the best console for this.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 05:10:21 PM by Chozo Ghost »
is your sanity...