Author Topic: Radio Free Nintendo: Episode 51  (Read 3589 times)

Offline Karl Castaneda #2

• Staff Clone
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Radio Free Nintendo: Episode 51
« on: May 09, 2007, 01:23:25 PM »
Jon Lindemann returns to RFN, Mike makes his fourth appearance in a row, and Karl goes to an awesome high school. All in this week's show!
 http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=13439

Episode 51: We're Almost 1 Year Old    

AAC Format (Enhanced)    

MP3 Format    

Subscribe via iTunes    

Digg Radio Free Nintendo    

powered by ODEO    

When Jonny told me he wouldn't be able to record for this week's show, I wondered how I'd replace him - after all, he's the one who's "bringing in all the ladies," or so he tells me. So I figured I'd bring in another "Jon" by going to our old friend Jon Lindemann (aka t3h Lindy). Listen as he spits hot fire!    

For Episode 51, we discuss my Pokemon Diamond addiction (head to our Pokemon Friend Code Thread to stock up on opponents and trading buddies!), Miyamoto's latest comments, and the Summer line-up on the Wii. You definitely don't want to miss out, so hit that "play" button ASAP.    

Credits:    

This podcast was edited by Karl Castaneda. Commercials performed by Michael "TYP" Cole and Karl Castaneda.    

Music for this episode of Radio Free Nintendo is used with permission from Jason Ricci & New Blood. You can also purchase their album directly from the iTunes Music Store

I am Karl Castaneda's news-posting clone, also known as Karl Castaneda #2. I have an inferiority complex, thanks to my being a clone. Fear me!

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
RE: Radio Free Nintendo: Episode 51
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 02:18:29 PM »
I suppose congratulations are in order, RFN people.  Thanks to my job requiring me to work ridiculous hours doing boring work for the past two weeks, I finally, in a fit of boredom-driven insanity, listened to some of your podcasts.  They have helped the time I've spent developing carpal tunnel syndrome pass a little more pleasantly, and I thank you.  Typically, I don't run into situations in which I can listen to a podcast, since I have a short commute, a job that usually requires concentration, and no reason to set aside some of my leisure time to pay attention to one, so I hope you'll forgive me for hoping that I'm never in a position to listen to a podcast again.  

• Staff Clone
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 02:32:20 PM »
We understand.

Hope you enjoyed what you heard, though!
I am Karl Castaneda's news-posting clone, also known as Karl Castaneda #2. I have an inferiority complex, thanks to my being a clone. Fear me!

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 05:54:25 PM »
Hooray Florida schools!

I was a band nerd in mine!  Yep.  I still owned in Smash Bros. whenever I played those guys.  Ice Climbers FTW!

Edit:  I'm listening and posting progressively.

I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate the pressure they put on you to reserve things.  It sucks.  They aren't going to run out of games in the big stores around EB and GS.  Look in Wal-Mart, Target, or Best Buy for any mainstream game.  Like you guys said, go ahead and pre-order all the obscure ones you want, those might be tough, but seriously, 500,000+ pre-orders for pokemon?  You can find it anywhere now, and its not like it ever was going to be hard to find.

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 07:56:46 PM »
I'm gonna go ahead and post my favorite quote from this podcast, and this is probably going to be posted to my Facebook account, too...

"What are ya playin'?"
"Pokemon."
"I'm grabbin' a chair!"

Love it, guys.  Keep up the hilarity.  ^_^
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2007, 05:33:33 AM »
I like to listen to the podcast while I'm cooking dinner or doing dishes.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2007, 07:04:21 PM »
Oddly enough I did try to reserve Hotel Dusk, and Gamestop didn't have it listed. This was a week before it came out. I bought it at Fred Meyer instead. SCREW YOU GameStopGap!

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2007, 04:50:47 AM »
I HAVE POKEMANS. LET ME SHOW YOU THEM.

That is what I think about half your submissions are going to end up as. Run that sucker into China. I DEMAND IT. It is after 2 am and nothing good happens after 2 am. PIKACHU

I know most of the guys that work the local game stores, so yeah, they don't try that crap on me. When they do from habit, I burn them to the ground with my eyes and then have a good laugh. Laser eye surgery FTW.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
RE:Radio Free Nintendo: Episode 51
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2007, 09:15:43 AM »

Originally posted by: ShyGuy
I like to listen to the podcast while I'm cooking dinner or doing dishes.

Same.  Also great for late-night trips to the supermarket or my daily walk to and from school.
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2007, 07:33:05 AM »
I can't believe you guys were talking about WoW and Manhunt without me! If I don't have a mic ready by the next podcast, I must be retarded. Or busy playing Ouendan 2!

• Staff Clone
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2007, 08:44:20 AM »
Ty, this Sunday. GET YOUR MOTORBOAT RUNNING.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2007, 10:46:57 AM »
I have an idea.  The next podcast should just be a video cast of SUPER playing Oendon 2.  Delay all other podcast actions for this event.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2007, 07:51:36 PM »
Heh heh I got my mic

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2007, 10:26:06 AM »
In spite of my earlier post, I only just now listened to this one.  Your n-Space talk reminded me of something I saw in Game Informer.  They're developing the DS version of The Force Unleashed.