Author Topic: Modern Warfare Mobilized  (Read 3372 times)

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
Modern Warfare Mobilized
« on: August 19, 2009, 05:04:35 AM »
Strange, I thought we had a thread on this considering it got announced along with CoD42 and CoD4Wii. It's the DS equivalent of those games but apparently with a different story and finally more enemy behaviours so it's not just a shooting gallery where you have to walk around. They also say it has more radio chatter and such, I hope it also includes subtitles.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
Re: Modern Warfare Mobilized
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 01:48:56 PM »
ooooh the good CoD on Nintendo!

oh nevermind
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 02:40:54 PM »
Well, more enemy behaviours should fix the boringness of CoD4DS.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 12:55:11 PM »
Hey, I liked CoD4DS. A lot.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 01:56:19 PM »
It bored me, felt way too repetitive, just move the aiming dot over a head, press fire, move it to the next head. No feeling of needing to do anything besides headshotting enemies.

Offline Halbred

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 04:06:12 PM »
You just described CoD4. ;-D
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2009, 04:22:00 PM »
Don't you at least have to seek cover or deal with charging/flanking enemies or something? Brothers in Arms DS felt more interesting, maybe because the standard method for combat involved full auto SMG fire instead of one by one headshotting, CoD4DS makes full auto deal so little damage it's not viable.

Offline jakeOSX

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2009, 06:16:04 PM »
old thread resurrection time.

so i got this, and it is a great FPS for the ds. never been a fan of vehicels (still ain't) but other than that the game place is good fun, challenging but not impossible.

except. on this stupid level where i need to be a speed sniper with artillery on the nearby rooves. as much as i try i keep failing. why? because there is a huge sign in the way of a good number of spots they shoot from. anyone got the game with advise?

there is totally a level that is homage (rip off?) of moon. you control a mini camera bot thingy to search through a building for the bad guys.

online is 6 people and fun, even if i die a lot.

side note: it is because of this game i found out the l trigger on my DSi didn't work. seems i'd been playing games that just didn't use the triggers at all. but hey, N fixed it for me.

Offline Halbred

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2009, 02:24:30 PM »
I'm glad you liked the game, because I sure didn't (see my review that nobody read).

Offline jakeOSX

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2009, 07:17:50 PM »
oh! i didn't see that, just read it.

agreed about the tank level, though i liked the bot levels, they were interesting. all about timing.

online is getting better, usually 4-5 people per try. remember this didn't sell well at all the first week (even not considering the history its older brother made) so there weren't many out there.

funny, i usually ditched at least one of my starting guns as soon as the level started. that way i knew i had a steady stream of bullets coming throughout the level.

i got past that sniper level, only through persistence, and getting a chance layout where all were easy to hit.

agreed about the iron sights thing. personally i am annoyed that COD makes it such a difference to use them. most of the time i just shoot more rather than use the sights.