Author Topic: Metroid Prime 2, official!  (Read 2848 times)

Offline RickPowers

• IT Director
    Senior Editor
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Metroid Prime 2, official!
« on: February 04, 2003, 07:14:01 AM »
It's now offical, Metroid Prime 2 is in development.  But will Samus be playing Volleyball?

It's been fairly widely known that Retro Studios went right back to work after their Louie Award Winning Metroid Prime was released, and we were told that it was to be a sequel to Metroid Prime.  Now Nintendo has made it official, as the game is now listed on thier website.

No details are known at this time, and we don't know if Prime 2 will pick up after the first Prime game, or if it will continue the story line started in Metroid Fusion for the Game Boy Advance.  All that is certain is that you won't be seeing Samus spiking a volleyball any time soon.

So what does this mean for Retro's other projects that were shelved in order to emphasize on Prime?  It's hard to say at this point, as apparently the entire company is again focused on the sequel.

We'll have more details for you as soon as we can dig them up.

:: Rob "Rick Powers" Stevens
:: Senior Editor Emeritus
:: Personal Blog
:: Wii Number: 7294 0910 3012 6153

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2003, 12:58:54 PM »
Props for the volleyball joke.  I laughed my ass off.  
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline 3_MaSteRPIeCE

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2003, 01:22:37 PM »
What was so funny about mocking the volleyball joke?

It wasn't cool at all.
Money for war but not enough to feed the poor - TuPac

Offline RickPowers

• IT Director
    Senior Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2003, 01:44:22 PM »
I wasn't mocking Volleyball.  I was mocking stupid, worthless developers that take girls from a fighting game (already best known for having bouncy tits as it's BEST feature), and putting them in a crappy volleyball game come dating sim.  Every single person I know that's bought the game said that they regretted almost instantly.  Any allure the game might have had wears off VERY fast.  It's pandering ... not quite as bad as BMX XXX, but I think you get my point.

I mean, when the entire ad campaign focuses on how bouncy the girls are, and shows the boys playing becoming aroused ... how SAD is that?  It wasn't even funny.  
:: Rob "Rick Powers" Stevens
:: Senior Editor Emeritus
:: Personal Blog
:: Wii Number: 7294 0910 3012 6153

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2003, 02:03:28 PM »
"Every single person I know that's bought the game said that they regretted almost instantly."

I'd imagine so considering you can find videos of all the "good parts" for free online.

Still seeing Samus in some of those outfits would be pretty cool.

It's rather odd to see Nintendo.com actually acknowledging the existence of a game that hasn't even had any screenshots released yet.  Actually the fact that we even know for sure this game is being made is pretty different then Nintendo's usual "everything no matter how minor is top secret" approach.  Maybe Nintendo is starting to lighten up.  NOA at least.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2003, 02:41:53 PM »
Well, if you'd beaten the game with 100% items, there's no way you couldn't know there was a sequel coming.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline dafunkk12

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2003, 04:26:30 PM »
No, silly Retro.  Get back on that car combat game, first!

Offline mrcivic

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2003, 11:10:03 PM »
That's great news.

Now, if only Metroid Prime would release in Australia....
If a Cow ever got the chance, he'd eat you and everyone you care about! - Troy McClure

Are you a PAL gamer? Then visit PALGN.com "For PAL gamers - By PAL gamers!"