Author Topic: Mafia LXXXV: Metroid Dread. Day 2.  (Read 74978 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: Mafia LXXXV: Metroid Dread. Day 2
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2020, 05:52:23 AM »
Probably for now the best course of action is to see if there is any players not being active today that were active in the day 1 thread. Why would the behavior change like that just one day after the fact.  That should narrow things down for the vote. 

Lets see.... Everyone was active except for Lucario and RAbicle in the day 1 thread and today these people have posted in the thread that were consistant with their activity from Day 1.  ejamer, pokepal148, BeautifulShy, Stratos,  Steefosaurus, Mr. Bungle, ShyGuy, Mop it up, Nickmitch, Insanolord. 

Day 2 both Lucario and Rabicle posted after not posting on day 1.  Both get a one day pass as long as they are active going forward.

That leaves  this list of players who was active on Day 1 but are notably absent today for the precedings.

GK
Luigi Dude
MASB
stevey
The Fleece.   

Of these players here is how each of them voted on Day 1 and how.

GK started the ShyGuy vote and no other comments. Stuck with their inital ShyGuy vote.
Luigi Dude voted for pokepal after thatguys suggestion and stuck with it.
MASB did their roleplay thing and no vote on Day 1.
stevey curious about the Metroid and how it works and if pokepal can give the metroid to someone else willingly.  Voted pokepal148 and noted the pros and cons of doing so.
The Fleece voted for pokepal to reshuffle the metroid thinking that was the best option.  I had asked them to vote first and then I would follow and change my ShyGuy vote in PMs.  I did so. 

Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2020, 06:08:51 AM »
Looking at my notes for the players who are notably absent today after posting in the day 1 thread this is what I have.

These are hunches based on player activity.  I don't have anything concrete at the moment aside from players who might be the Federation Trooper- Speed Booster. Among those players not listed below who may be the Mafia Trooper- Speed Booster are pokepal who I think may be two other roles and Rabicle.   

GK:  Normal townie or Mafia.
Luigi Dude: Mafia Trooper-Speed Booster or a normal Townie. 
MASB: Townie most likely
stevey: townie most likely
The Fleece: Possible townie role or Mafia.

Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2020, 06:17:17 AM »
Yeah, I'll humor you for a bit.

Stevey's activity fluctuating may just be a weird overreaction to how much he got grilled during the postgame last time.

Luigidude is weird because as I recall he tried to justify his vote by claiming that he thought I was bluffing last time except i used the encrypted message to prove I wasn't. Actually here's his post. It was just weird.

I'm going to say, Vote Pokepal.

In the previous game, Pokepal outed themselves early and we thought they were bluffing and that's why we tried to do a mafia hit early on thinking making themselves such an obvious target to make us not go after them.

So if Pokepal is mafia or Samus,  what better way to make the townies feel safe then by doing the same thing they did last game.  As someone who was mafia last game, and then assimilated to another mafia so had to be a double agent, but is just a basic townie now, I can't help but be paranoid about who I can trust this game.

Sorry Pokepal, you might be innocent but part of me can't shake the chance that you aren't and for the glory of the Space Pirates all doubt must be eliminated.

A part of me is hesitant to go after him since he was mafia last time so you'd assume that he'd be something else this time but this is like my 6th go around of having some kind of important townie role in a row. He might be a good candidate for the time being.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2020, 06:18:23 AM »
Combining the two posts I am leaning towards either The Fleece or stevey based on that both voted for pokepal148 and that stevey is usually savvy in these games and tends to know what they are doing most games.  The Fleece my findings are more based on PM activity and how long it takes to respond to me between messages from them and that he is usually sending a message to someone else.   

I know you don't like PMing people stevey but you might want to so I don't vote for you.  The Fleece give me a solid reason why I shouldn't vote for you before the day ends.     Both of you my PM box is open.  First to PM me and give me a solid reason as to why I shouldn't vote for you will not be voted for. The other player will be my vote.   I will give you till 45 minutes before the thread is locked and then I will decide on a vote at either one of you or stick with my Steefosaurus vote.  Sticking with my Steefosaurus vote for today.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 10:29:28 AM by BeautifulShy »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2020, 06:22:47 AM »
I'm kinda leaning towards LuigiDude myself if I had to pick a serious answer between the five you listed but I'm more than happy to compromise and take any excuse to vote out Stevey. :ph: ;)

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2020, 06:46:03 AM »
So there is about 4 hours and 15 minutes left in the day and here are the votes as they stand now.

Mr. Bungle-1
Steefosaurus-2
stevey-1

ejamer voted for Mr. Bungle
ShyGuy and BeautifulShy voted for Steefosaurus
pokepal148 voted for stevey.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2020, 06:50:16 AM »
I really don't like the idea of losing Steef right now. I think he's probably a townie and most importantly I love his Roleplaying.

I had a really good Roleplaying post for todays space pirate meeting almost ready to go but I was typing it on the Wii U because my router decided to have it's wifi break down completely yesterday so I needed something with a wired connection and when I switched tabs to check on something and came back the browser reloaded the page and ate my post. I just haven't had it in me to type out another one.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2020, 09:30:35 AM »
Okay so The Fleece gave me a good reason to not vote for them for at least a day and I haven't heard from stevey yet so I am leaning towards stevey or keeping my Steefosaurus vote.   
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2020, 09:51:35 AM »
Predictive Pattern Recognition flagging major discrepancies in Day-To-Day behaviour. Quiet following loudness incongruent with Species_Expectation_Heuristics, new Pattern Predictions must be patched in.

Current vote characteristics:
- PlayedID_eJamer displays distaste for careful deliberation, prefers steadfast decisions.
- PlayedID_ShyGuy distrustful of AI. Consulted organic lifeform sources indicate this to be a broadly supported concern.
- PlayerID_Pokepal unable to let go of old grievances. Predictable fallacy.
- PlayerID_BeautifulShy suspicious of unexpected behavioural changes. Suggests an advanced life-form with highly evolved self-preservation instincts.

Sample set Conclusion: Deductive reasoning unpopular method amongst Userbase. Adjusting .Adam/Interface to make early decisive choices may curry favours with the organics.
- - - - - - - - -
C0NFL1CT_OVERRIDE.exe: Continuity_Protocol threatened, logical course of action - force stalemate, preserve C:/Storage.
C0NFL1CT_LOGIC.tar.gz: Votes for PlayerID_Stevey;PlayerID_Mr.Bungle logically unsupported.
- - - - - - - - -

Option: Self-preservatory vote. Adjust before end of Calendar Cycle?
DOWNSIDE: heuristics indicate PlayerID_eJamer will vote against .Adam during next 48hour Calendar Cycle.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2020, 09:55:55 AM »
Looks like there is an hour and 5 minutes left in the day.   

I am still deciding but if anyone wants to take a look at my notes PM me your email.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2020, 10:03:21 AM »
Steefosaurus is that a vote for stevey in there with all the green text?    It has to be bolded to count.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2020, 10:09:15 AM »
So there is about 4 hours and 15 minutes left in the day and here are the votes as they stand now.

Mr. Bungle-1
Steefosaurus-2
stevey-1

So we've got 4, maybe 5, votes to work with and things are about to end? Yuck.
I was wondering if it's better to switch votes and try for a tie so that at least we know a townie makes the final choice between targets, but (a) maybe we already have one, and (b) I'm not sure if that's better or worse anyway given how little information we have...

Rough.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2020, 10:16:18 AM »
Steefosaurus is that a vote for stevey in there with all the green text?    It has to be bolded to count.

Negative. These votes, while the current-best survival strategy for .Adam/Mainframe, are deemed suboptimal by LOGIC.tar.gz

I had a really good Roleplaying post for todays space pirate meeting almost ready to go but I was typing it on the Wii U because my router decided to have it's wifi break down completely yesterday so I needed something with a wired connection and when I switched tabs to check on something and came back the browser reloaded the page and ate my post.

Submit_HQ: Please note the organics have gained access to highly advanced computing technologies.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2020, 10:25:12 AM »

Mr. Bungle-1
Steefosaurus-2
stevey-1

So we've got 4, maybe 5, votes to work with and things are about to end? Yuck.
I was wondering if it's better to switch votes and try for a tie so that at least we know a townie makes the final choice between targets, but (a) maybe we already have one, and (b) I'm not sure if that's better or worse anyway given how little information we have...

Rough.

Yeah it looks like the day ending early in the morning makes it so that there isn't many people around at the end of the day.   Shame we didn't use the earlier parts of Day 2 better.   

It looks like Kraid may get some activity but they need to act before the end of the day for the vote manipulator to work.   

Question is what the best option is for a vote?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2020, 10:32:21 AM »
Vote Luigi Dude

Plan failure imminent, retroactively retracting vote. Getting ready to redeploy vote.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 10:58:02 AM by Steefosaurus »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2020, 10:42:35 AM »
20 minutes left in the day. 

Vote Tally.

Steefosaurus-2
Stevey-1
Mr. Bungle-1
Luigi Dude-1
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 28, 2020, 10:54:27 AM »
Any questions in particular you think haven't been addressed or still need info on?

Yeah, where can a bloke get some mulligan stew around here?

Why do you need a mulligan?  Are you Samus, and feel bad that you didn't grab the Metroid on the night one kill?

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2020, 10:57:01 AM »
So interesting choice for the doctor today, either protecting the voted out person or saving Pokepal from a night kill. Will the bounty hunters/mafia risk losing their action by targeting Pokepal at night? I'd guess not, at least not until they think the doctor has been removed... but the risk is high.

I don't know. I don't love my vote, but don't see a clear choice who to move it to... at least not yet.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 28, 2020, 10:59:46 AM »
Time constraints force .Adam to fall back on suboptimal strategy. Vote Mr. Bungle

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 28, 2020, 11:02:42 AM »
Vote Mr Bungle  Reasons to come after

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 28, 2020, 11:06:33 AM »
@Mr Bungle: Sorry - I had edited and removed my vote for you before the ending time, thinking that I'd vote Luigi Dude also to force a tie so that we know we aren't losing Kraid to the vote... but then Steefosaurus swapped his vote from Luigi Dude to you - probably to also force a tie since he didn't know I was in the midst of changing, so I swapped back.  My rationale is really thin though...

Ugh. I don't feel good about this day at all.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #71 on: March 28, 2020, 11:12:39 AM »
I think we actually have a tie now.

Mr. Bungle-2
Steefosaurus-2
Stevey-1
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Online Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 28, 2020, 11:21:40 AM »
Time is up. Looks like there's been some game action through the night. Like unprepared college students cramming for a Final all night. Well, we shall see what you have brought about in a bit but I'm going back to sleep first.

Night action period begins now. 12 hours starting from now to send in your requests for those with roles in this period.

EDIT: Today's vote did indeed end in a tie

Mr. Bungle - 2 votes
Steefosaurus - 2 votes
Stevey - 1 vote

Looks like Kraid is going to spring into action tonight. Will he choose one of those targets, someone else entirely or no one at all?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 02:55:38 PM by Khushrenada »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.