Author Topic: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Removed from Virtual Console   (Read 11488 times)

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Removed from Virtual ConsoleĀ 
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2012, 04:32:55 PM »
If they are going to do any tampering with the data they might as well go full force and also improve the graphics, add in additional content, online multiplayer, etc. That would make it more worth the while of hiring someone than just to strip out a piece of music. Sure, do that too, but since you are hiring him, put him to work to improve the game in various ways while he's at it.
is your sanity...

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2012, 09:09:53 AM »
How much are you willing to pay?  And will enough others also be willing to pay to make it worthwhile?

I'm not against the idea, but it sounds like the proposed amount of work is growing.   ;D

NNID: ejamer

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2012, 05:53:12 PM »
Are they perhaps removing bad games from the Virtual Console?

Hm, Castlevania II is still there, so that can't be the reason...

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2012, 06:39:07 PM »
http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

:-\

As someone who is still able to download this game, I think this would be more appropriate.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2012, 07:57:29 PM »
Who currently owns the rights to these TMNt games? If the new show is appearing on Nickelodian then the rights must belong to Viacom? How friendly is Viacom towards videogames? I ask because this might determine if any more TMNT games appear on any download services in the future.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2012, 08:19:07 PM »
kytime, I don't know who owns the rights, but regardless of who it is one thing I can tell you is that all businesses are friendly towards making money, and if whoever owns it can make money via going the video game route then there is a good chance they will.

That said, I'm beginning to think at least part of the reason the game might have been pulled is to wait for interest in it to build up again. Now that the game has been pulled we are all talking about it, but was anyone talking about the game the day before it was pulled? Not really. We just took it for granted that it was there and we could always buy it if we wanted, but now that its gone we are here whining that we can't buy it, even though it was there for about 5 years and we could have any time.... so the thing is sales of the game had probably stagnated. But now that its gone they can give the game a "cooling off" period, and then later on reintroduce the game and then people will take notice of it and be talking about it for awhile.

The game may have been pulled from the Wii's VC permanently though, because that platform is all but dead at this point.... but hey, its very possible it will be readded to the WiiU's VC in the near future. People who missed out on the game now may be able to get it then. I just hope if that happens then the people who already bought it this time around on the Wii will be able to get it without having to rebuy it. I kinda doubt it, though.
is your sanity...

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2012, 08:36:34 PM »
Who currently owns the rights to these TMNt games? If the new show is appearing on Nickelodian then the rights must belong to Viacom? How friendly is Viacom towards videogames? I ask because this might determine if any more TMNT games appear on any download services in the future.
Well, Viacom used to own Harmonix, and we know how that went.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2012, 01:50:31 AM »
The main problem with the good licensed Turtle games (2, 3 and Time) is the rights to the theme song from the 87 cartoon series is owned by Fred Wolf Films which is the studio that produced that series.  Since the 87 Ninja Turtle series is the only big series they ever did, I wouldn't be surprised if they charge an arm and leg for the license to the theme song.

So even if Konami could work out a deal with Nickelodeon so the first game comes back to the Virtual Console, Fred Wolf Films is still the main problem for 2, 3 and Time, which are the games people actually want.
Iā€™m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2012, 07:37:10 AM »

To be fair, there are some who might argue the life of the Wii platform has indeed come to an end.

Not if there are still games being released on it.

Well, if this is the only criteria, then I guess the Intellivision isn't dead!]/url] Whoo!
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline NeoThunder

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2012, 08:11:03 PM »
If you got to play it for 5 min you'd realize your better without it.  The best game was turtles 3: The Manhattan Project.  What's sad is this makes certain we'll never see turtles 3 on VC
Wii# 4120-9638-2308-7614
<BR>
<BR>Mario Kart# 3178-8705-8094
<BR>
<BR>Faith is the complete surrender and acceptence of total control

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2012, 08:42:32 PM »
If you got to play it for 5 min you'd realize your better without it.

TMNT on the NES was one of the games I grew up playing, and I would strongly disagree about being better off without it. I had a great time with it, even though it was hard as hell and I never did actually beat it. That seems to be typical of a lot of NES games in those days... games today are easy in comparison. There is very few NES games I ever managed to beat. But that's not really the point. If you have fun playing them then they are worth it.
is your sanity...