Author Topic: The more things change... (Japanese vs. American Games)  (Read 1616 times)

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
The more things change... (Japanese vs. American Games)
« on: July 09, 2010, 04:52:59 PM »
I warn you... this is a thread about a thread.  Anyway, go read the following then come back here and discuss.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=400709

Totally interesting article someone over at NeoGaf transcribed part of.  I have to say, it really amazes me to see that attitude back then.  Having been born in 81, I'm right in the NES sweet spot for getting hooked on games.  That also means I just missed the arcade revolution that was going on prior to that.

It makes me feel kind of stupid that I participate in the same arguments that were apparently just as ridiculous back then. :)
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 04:57:15 PM »

I warn you, this is a thread in which we discuss a thread.  Anyway, go read this NeoGAF post and then come back here and discuss!

I find the article extremely eye opening and entertaining.  Having been born in 81, I was right in the sweet spot for getting hooked on games via the NES, but totally missed the arcade revolution that was going on just prior to that.

It kind of makes the fact that we all argue about the same thing to this day seem juvenile and pointless.  I guess maybe I knew that already.

Newsflash.  People like different things! :)
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 04:57:58 PM »

I warn you, this is a thread in which we discuss a thread.  Anyway, go read this NeoGAF post and then come back here and discuss!

I find the article extremely eye opening and entertaining.  Having been born in 81, I was right in the sweet spot for getting hooked on games via the NES, but totally missed the arcade revolution that was going on just prior to that.

It kind of makes the fact that we all argue about the same thing to this day seem juvenile and pointless.  I guess maybe I knew that already.

Newsflash.  People like different things! :)
---------------------

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
Re: The more things change... (Japanese vs. American Games)
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 06:34:48 AM »
Triple posting is a ban-worthy offence.

*summons vudu*

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
Re: The more things change... (Japanese vs. American Games)
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 05:14:39 PM »
Hah awesome.
---------------------