Author Topic: F-Zero  (Read 61871 times)

Offline egman

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Official F-Zero Thread
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2003, 08:26:20 AM »
Ian Sane--You did notice I said "similar." I wasn't implying that it was the same thing.

It's kind of sad it isn't online, but I'm not dissapointed for the same reasons. I really haven't been really thrilled with the whole online craze, but that's where things are going and if Nintendo is serious about keeping up I guess this is another thing that they need to come to gripes with, like advertising and console functionality.

I wouldn't mind seeing the networking idea board memembers were disscussing a while ago. The Cube is certainly built to make that easier to do. PGC didn't ask any questions about that, so maybe that's still possible.

Offline Icons by Size

• View Profile
Official F-Zero Thread
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2003, 09:07:54 AM »
i dont like that different tracks idea either. what if there is a great track on the arcade version but then i wont be able to play it
still, this new trailer looks so so so great. is the GC going to look the same as the AC version?
so so so great
Deftones own.

Offline Sean

• View Profile
Official F-Zero Thread
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2003, 09:17:40 AM »
Call me absolutely freaking crazy, but there's no point in releasing IDENTICAL GAMES for Arcade and Home AT THE SAME TIME!  People, come on!  BE HAPPY THEY MADE TWO INSTEAD OF ONE!  How about some optimism (or just a little less selfishness) for once?

Here's an idea, get off your butt and head to the arcade.  If you don't have one nearby, drive a bit more out of the way.  If you still can't find one, GET OVER IT.  Them's the breaks, kids.

It stuns me how far ingratitude reaches.

I watched the 20meg video last night from IGN and I was just stunned, really.  This looks much, much better than it did at first, and I was already slightly excited by the early stills and vids.  Wow.  Sega's definitely doing things rightly.  I can't wait!
"I think that if the devil does not exist,
and man has therefore created him,
he has created him in his own image and likeness."
from Fyodor Dostoevsky's THE BROTHERS KARAMAZOV

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Official F-Zero Thread
« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2003, 09:35:51 AM »
"there's no point in releasing IDENTICAL GAMES for Arcade and Home AT THE SAME TIME!"

Are they being released at the same time?  I thought the arcade one came out first.

Besides even if they have the same tracks they still won't be identical.  The arcade version has a cockpit, doesn't have split-screen multiplayer, and is available to the public while only Cube owners can play the other one.

Besides it makes no sense to be glad they made two versions when the fact that they made two versions is what I'm complaining about in the first place.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Official F-Zero Thread
« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2003, 10:14:04 AM »
geez Ian Sane calm down.  Anyone could have easily slapped the same tracks from the home version into an arcade cabinet - and the arcade game is coming out soon AFTER the GC game.  I'm glad that they're taking the time to design all-new tracks and I wouldn't be surprised if they're using the slightly higher specs to do things they can't do on GC.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Icons by Size

• View Profile
Official F-Zero Thread
« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2003, 11:43:11 AM »
so is that trailer for AC or GC?
Deftones own.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
Official F-Zero Thread
« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2003, 12:58:18 PM »
Why do I seem more excited about this game than Zelda: Wind Waker?
CAUSE I SAW THE MOVIE!
OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD!

How good was it huh! For a movie that was like 20MB, I thought it was gonna be a massive full screen movie that my computer wasn't gonna be able to view properly. But the movie quailty was excellent, the sound was absolutely mind blowing (how cool was it for original music!), and the movie itself was a little over 3 minutes! And holy mutha of f**king sh*t!
For those of you who think the speed is a little slow, but that's cause there's so much track detail that it puts the game into proper perspective. But see how smooth it is? I'm gonna really enjoy it.
And I don't bloody care if there are different tracks for the GC version and the AC version. It gives me more of a reason to shell out money for that speed fix every time I head into Sydney City (The closest arcade to me).

I'm gonna sell me copy of XG3 so I can put money aside for F-Zero GC today. So I'll see everyone on the other side! I think I have reached my patience limit with XG3, so it has to go.
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline Frostie

• View Profile
Official F-Zero Thread
« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2003, 01:37:47 PM »
Thank you Berto2k!  The link is nice and fast, just the way I like it.
Move along.  Nothing to see here.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
Official F-Zero Thread
« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2003, 09:03:25 PM »
DOWNLOAD THE VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS AWESOME, THIS GAME WILL EASILY SELL OVER A BILLION COPIES AND BE THE BEST GAME EVAR!!!

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
Official F-Zero Thread
« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2003, 02:17:39 AM »
My most anticipated list used to look like this:
1. Zelda: Wind Waker
2. F-Zero
3. Metroid Prime
4. Burnout 2
5. Super Monkey Ball 2
6. Killer 7
7. Viewtiful Joe
8. Metroid Prime 2
9. Zelda Gamecube 2
10. Mario 128

After seeing the new trailer (I too have seen all the old movies from IGN), my most anticipated list now looks like this:
1. F-Zero
2. F-Zero
3. F-Zero
4. F-Zero
5. F-Zero
6. F-Zero
7. F-Zero
8. F-Zero
9. F-Zero
10. F-Zero
11. F-Zero
12. F-Zero
13. F-Zero
|
|
|
|
|
\/
100. F-Zero
101. Zelda: Windwaker
102. F-Zero
103. Metroid Prime.....

I am soooo looking forward to this game.

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
Official F-Zero Thread
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2003, 07:25:14 AM »
The graphics are unbelievable, the speed is incredible, and the style is just fantastic.
With freeloader available I might just import the Japanese version to play the game one month early
LZ 2005

Offline Sean

• View Profile
Official F-Zero Thread
« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2003, 07:49:32 AM »
Knowing how little I played F-Zero on the N64 after about a month, I'm not going to get all hyperbolic just because of the graphics (of course, part of the problem was that I didn't get to play two-player after a few weeks of owning it, and the game sort of died for me).  

The graphics are STUNNING and some of the best I've seen--if not THE best--on GCN, but there's no way I'm letting a beautiful video's graphic display put this game in front of Wind Waker or Animal Crossing 2 or others.  It's surely a must-have, but let's try to keep things on earth...haha.  Excitin' times for gamers, I say!  (Not just Nintendo fans, which is what I almost said.)

And still, nothing tops the beauty of Metroid Prime even if it doesn't 'technically' blow away other games--the art and level design and architecture blow all else on GCN away by a wide margin.
"I think that if the devil does not exist,
and man has therefore created him,
he has created him in his own image and likeness."
from Fyodor Dostoevsky's THE BROTHERS KARAMAZOV

Offline telaris

• View Profile
Official F-Zero Thread
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2003, 12:10:33 PM »
I saw the video of f0 on the zelda bonus disk. The game looks great, it recaptures the speed that the SNES one had. Good job so far sega

Offline JSR

• View Profile
Official F-Zero Thread
« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2003, 12:44:47 PM »
I just saw the movie… WOW! I really want this game badly, even more so than before. It looks so beautiful! A definite must buy for me! Nintendo made the right choice handing this over to AV.

June now seems very far off… At least Zelda will keep me busy!  
It's Random and It's Nintendo - Random Nintendo

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
Official F-Zero Thread
« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2003, 01:36:51 PM »
The best part of that video was the beginning where it said SEGA and NINTENDO together. I almost shed a tear after seeing that part *starts rambling on about the history of Sega and Nintendo and the console wars and th........ WOW! A BLUE CAR!*

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
Official F-Zero Thread
« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2003, 02:56:32 AM »
Wow. I am so sad now. I'm sooo used to the ergonomical Gamecube controller, my hands cramped while playing F-Zero X a couple of hours ago. The control stick was stiff and too small, the buttons seemed too flat, and the prongs you hold onto were so thin. It's so hard for me to go back to the N64 after the Gamecube.

It makes me want F-Zero GC even more. Hurry please Sega!

Offline Mingesium

• View Profile
Official F-Zero Thread
« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2003, 07:34:36 PM »
They updated the F-Zero page. You can download a wallpaper with Falcon, Princia Ramode, and Phoenix.
More characters. Princia Ramode drives Spark Moon and Phoenix drives Rainbow Phoenix.
Miyamoto has something to say but its in Japanese.

edit: they also show a new level, aeropolis.

Offline babble

• View Profile
Official F-Zero Thread
« Reply #67 on: March 08, 2003, 06:24:37 AM »
Did I read corectly? They're gona have a similar bonus disc promo to Zelda for F-Zero?
I'll have to check more...
All consoles are great, but not all games.

Offline babble

• View Profile
Official F-Zero Thread
« Reply #68 on: March 08, 2003, 06:33:33 AM »
OK, I found what I've read. You can have a look here (in French) :
http://www.best4gamers.com/zecube/lire_news.php?id=1896

But, it's only a rumor...  
All consoles are great, but not all games.

Official F-Zero Thread
« Reply #69 on: March 08, 2003, 05:15:39 PM »
Checked out the F-Zero.jp site. I found the polit/machine data section, and I found a Captain Falcon spinoff! "The Pheonix," who drives "The Rainbow Pheonix." Hmm, indeed.

PS: Whoo! Princia is FINE!

Offline Mingesium

• View Profile
Official F-Zero Thread
« Reply #70 on: March 09, 2003, 06:47:32 PM »
Bad news - F-Zero has been delayed in the US.

F-Zero (GCN) - Aug 25, 2003

Wario World was pushed back and took its spot (June 23). Maybe the extra time is to add online play.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
Official F-Zero Thread
« Reply #71 on: March 09, 2003, 11:44:36 PM »
Oh bloody hell.
Why do you mock us oh sweet Lord?

Offline MikeHrusecky

• View Profile
Official F-Zero Thread
« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2003, 11:56:06 AM »
bumping for the redundant thread.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
Official F-Zero Thread
« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2003, 01:10:11 PM »
Good news- neither F-Zero or Wario World have been delayed and both will come out on their expected dates. Just thoguht I'd start off the discussion from the "redundant" thread.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Mingesium

• View Profile
Official F-Zero Thread
« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2003, 03:15:22 PM »
I think that both games will still be delayed. Nintendo.com just jumped the gun. I expect Nintendo to announce the delays and at the same time announce new games coming out during summer. I expect Mario Golf and Mario Tennis to be summer titles.