Gaming Forums > Nintendo Gaming

The Animal Crossing: New Horizons Thread of Madness

<< < (2/73) > >>

NWR_insanolord:
All the games in the series have been iterative. This one actually seems like arguably the biggest step forward we've ever seen, which I suppose makes sense since it's also had the longest time since the previous game.

TheFleece:
This was the reason I bought a Switch all along. Nintendo merging their handheld and console departments was a good idea and I think we’re going to see a lot of those flourishes streamlined in this game. I really can’t wait to get it all started. I have a bunch of Amiibo cards that I barely remember buying, glad I can keep using them. I’ll try to buy some of the new ones whenever they’re printed. I had my hopes up high for this one- maybe too high, but after the direct I’m expecting a really robust experience.

M.K.Ultra:
This will be my first Animal Crossing game. The closest thing I have played in to AC is Stardew Valley, which I enjoyed. Are these similar? What are the main differences?

Stratos:
Less emphasis on farming in AC. No combat whatsoever (unless you count being bitten by bugs/spiders/scorpions). Purely platonic relationships.

I don't mean this in a derogatory way, but AC is the Sesame Street to Stardew's Muppet Show. Both are good shows in their own right, and I do not mean to frame AC as 'kiddie', but there is certainly much less depth to AC than there is in Stardew. But it makes up for it in a lot of other areas. You get much more thorough customization in AC.

I spent hundreds of hours in AC: City Folk (and an awful lot in New Leaf as well) with fellow forums here and it was just fun to hang out and do things. Stardew is more of a "life sim" for a farmer/adventurer/country living. AC is kinda like a 6-year-old's idea of a life sim. Imagine Calvin & Hobbes on an infinite summer vacation, but probably with less destruction -though we certainly found ways to be mischievous! Or think of it as your own 100-Acre Wood and you are Christopher Robin with your animal friends.

The town island is your playground and there is plenty to do. And I just got myself even more excited for the game because of those fun analogies. Now I have to make the hardest choice: physical or digital?

Mop it up:

--- Quote from: Mr. Bungle on March 01, 2020, 12:33:39 PM ---This will be my first Animal Crossing game. The closest thing I have played in to AC is Stardew Valley, which I enjoyed. Are these similar? What are the main differences?

--- End quote ---
I would personally say they're not similar at all. One of the main differences is that Animal Crossing runs in real time as opposed to days being just a few minutes. There's also no story and not much in the way of management aspects, like no farming or anything. It's much more accurately a "life simulator" than Harvest Moon and its derivatives.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version