Author Topic: Wii U - e3 is over... now what?  (Read 1588382 times)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U
« Reply #750 on: June 30, 2011, 06:40:58 AM »
Nintendo hit all of their big franchises on the Wii minus Star Fox and F-Zero.

PIKMIN!!!
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: June 30, 2011, 10:32:21 AM »
Nintendo still releases all of these games we're accustomed to getting.

Nintendo still rehashes all those games we're used to getting. It's boarding on lip service at this point.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline crashnnburn

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: June 30, 2011, 11:17:08 AM »
Nintendo doesn't make much money off of me anymore but it's entirely because they stopped making games for me.  I was the loyal customer and they hung me out to dry.  I put up with a lot of their incompetent bullshit before they told me to take a hike.  They turned on me before I turned on them.  What you're basically saying is that if a company pisses off their loyal customers, they should just tell those customers to go **** themselves and go after someone else who won't complain.
What I'm saying is that you'll never be happy no matter what Nintendo does. You're in the minority of a minority of Nintendo fans who feel personally slighted. Everyone else realizes that Nintendo hit all of their big franchises on the Wii minus Star Fox and F-Zero. They just happened to appeal to casual gamers as well. That's why I don't buy this "Nintendo hung me out to dry" nonsense. Nintendo still releases all of these games we're accustomed to getting. They didn't stop making core games, YOU decided they weren't good enough or that you didn't get enough of them. That's YOUR problem. So, you don't like motion controls. Understood. GET THE **** OVER IT. There are plenty of people who like them and they're not all casual gamers. They're just people who like core and casual games and don't have a ridiculous checklist of prerequisites for fun like you do. You want Nintendo to shower you with all of their attention. Well, guess what, pal? YOU'RE NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO MATTERS. There's no pleasing people like you because you'll always want more than Nintendo is capable of providing. You want to stuff Nintendo into a box that they're never going to fit in. You want them to be a company they're never going to be like. You have this sense of entitlement that is absolutely exhausting. If Nintendo doesn't cater to you, one person, specifically, you're devastated beyond all reason.

Nicely Put!!

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: June 30, 2011, 11:18:55 AM »
Nintendo hit all of their big franchises on the Wii minus Star Fox and F-Zero.

PIKMIN!!!
Probably counting New Play controls.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: June 30, 2011, 11:35:27 AM »
1. Those don't count.
2. They didn't even bring both of those to America. I had to import the second.

I was importing games that Europe got but NOA refused to release before it was cool.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: June 30, 2011, 11:35:45 AM »
I removed Pikmin because the sentence sounded better without it and I felt I got the point across.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: June 30, 2011, 11:37:02 AM »
Nothing is ever made better by removing Pikmin.

J.P. Corbran

Offline marty

• Score: -96
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: June 30, 2011, 11:52:42 AM »
Nintendo doesn't make much money off of me anymore but it's entirely because they stopped making games for me.  I was the loyal customer and they hung me out to dry.  I put up with a lot of their incompetent bullshit before they told me to take a hike.  They turned on me before I turned on them.  What you're basically saying is that if a company pisses off their loyal customers, they should just tell those customers to go **** themselves and go after someone else who won't complain.
What I'm saying is that you'll never be happy no matter what Nintendo does. You're in the minority of a minority of Nintendo fans who feel personally slighted. Everyone else realizes that Nintendo hit all of their big franchises on the Wii minus Star Fox and F-Zero. They just happened to appeal to casual gamers as well. That's why I don't buy this "Nintendo hung me out to dry" nonsense. Nintendo still releases all of these games we're accustomed to getting. They didn't stop making core games, YOU decided they weren't good enough or that you didn't get enough of them. That's YOUR problem. So, you don't like motion controls. Understood. GET THE **** OVER IT. There are plenty of people who like them and they're not all casual gamers. They're just people who like core and casual games and don't have a ridiculous checklist of prerequisites for fun like you do. You want Nintendo to shower you with all of their attention. Well, guess what, pal? YOU'RE NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO MATTERS. There's no pleasing people like you because you'll always want more than Nintendo is capable of providing. You want to stuff Nintendo into a box that they're never going to fit in. You want them to be a company they're never going to be like. You have this sense of entitlement that is absolutely exhausting. If Nintendo doesn't cater to you, one person, specifically, you're devastated beyond all reason.
The above is a ridiculous statement.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #758 on: June 30, 2011, 11:54:02 AM »
I was importing games that Europe got but NOA refused to release before it was cool.
Add sunglasses smiley and that should be your new title.  Or add Sunglasses to Pyro Simpson.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #759 on: June 30, 2011, 03:36:36 PM »
Nothing is ever made better by removing Pikmin.

Much like the Wii's lineup.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: June 30, 2011, 06:02:45 PM »
I LOVE the N64 controller. Going back to it, the analog is not as precise as today's controllers, but after a couple of hours with it I'd get back in the swing of things.
It's one of my favourite controllers as well, though I would argue that its stick is more precise than current sticks. The reason is because it has more resistance, which makes it easier to move it slightly and subtly. Unfortunately, this increase in resistance is also the reason the stick wears down, but that issue can be easily fixed by applying some ceramic grease to the gears inside.

The people on this site who were at E3 and actually held it and played with it didn't seem to have any problem with the ergonomics of it. Everyone commented on how surprisingly light it was and that it was a lot more comfortable than it looked.
Some people think the DS Lite is comfortable to hold. Everyone has a different threshold for comfort, so such accounts don't mean very much.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: June 30, 2011, 06:18:47 PM »
I think his point is that A LOT of people used the Wii U controller at E3 and the general consensus was that it was quite comfortable. So, while everyone has a different threshold for comfort, the fact that so many people gave the new controller positive feedback does bode well for it. Nothing concrete because there's no way to objectively make this claim, but a good sign nonetheless.

Offline Morari

• View Profile
« Reply #762 on: July 01, 2011, 02:23:30 AM »
I hear a lot of people think Britney Spears makes great music also...

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: July 01, 2011, 02:59:53 AM »

You mean idiots who are all 16 year old girls? These people who played with the controller are industry journalists. You weren't there. They were. So they immediately know more about it than you do. I know, you and your infinite wisdom is hard to compete with sometimes.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #764 on: July 01, 2011, 09:19:53 AM »
I think his point is that A LOT of people used the Wii U controller at E3 and the general consensus was that it was quite comfortable. So, while everyone has a different threshold for comfort, the fact that so many people gave the new controller positive feedback does bode well for it. Nothing concrete because there's no way to objectively make this claim, but a good sign nonetheless.
Yeah, I've moved off the controllers ergonomics mainly because its been almost universally liked except for getting to the Z triggers.

Offline Morari

• View Profile
« Reply #765 on: July 01, 2011, 10:34:47 AM »

You mean idiots who are all 16 year old girls? These people who played with the controller are industry journalists. You weren't there. They were. So they immediately know more about it than you do. I know, you and your infinite wisdom is hard to compete with sometimes.

A quick search will reveal the following:
Britney Spears - Hold it Against Me (Four out of five stars from Rolling Stone Magazine)
Britney Spears - Femme Fatale (Four out of five stars from Rolling Stone Magazine)

Maybe I was misinformed, but I didn't think Rolling Stone hired sixteen year old girls to write their album reviews. In fact, I always thought they had a fairly well-known reputation for being elitist hipsters and complete snobs... though highly paid industry journalists nonetheless.

Maybe it's just a fallacy I have. I come to my own conclusion on all things, based on the information presented, and taken into context with my own personal experience. If I relied solely on the word and opinions of others, I'd be a very different person when it came to politics and religion.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: July 01, 2011, 11:13:50 AM »
Rolling Stone's quality has severely dropped in the past 20 years. Their legendary status is all but discredited at this point and any journalistic value they have is simply exposing artists rather than reviewing their work.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline mac<censored>

• View Profile
« Reply #767 on: July 01, 2011, 03:13:25 PM »
Maybe it's just a fallacy I have. I come to my own conclusion on all things, based on the information presented, and taken into context with my own personal experience. If I relied solely on the word and opinions of others, I'd be a very different person when it came to politics and religion.

The problem is when you "come to your own conclusion" even when you have almost no information -- and then stubbornly defend that position as if it were rock-solid...

Offline crashnnburn

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: July 02, 2011, 12:21:05 AM »
Wow I wish NWR would add likes and dislikes so I can feel the gratification of seeing Morari's comments in the negative thousands. It ticks me off seeing someone being so closed minded, negative and portraying the feeling that every comment they write is the pure truth and no way around it.

Person: Hey Morari, look, the sky is kinda greenish.
Morari: (sarcastic laugh) Stupid, the sky can ONLY be blue.
Person: No but look, if you see it from this an...
Morari: SHUT UP! I said it's blue, and that's it. I don't care for your stupid thoughts!

Opinions are opinions, but being a stubborn person is different.

Offline Morari

• View Profile
« Reply #769 on: July 02, 2011, 02:53:53 AM »
The problem is when you "come to your own conclusion" even when you have almost no information -- and then stubbornly defend that position as if it were rock-solid...

I have as much information as anyone else at this point. Would you rather I be giddy about the whole thing and blindly love whatever Nintendo does? Is that what commercials are teaching your generation?

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: July 02, 2011, 03:31:47 AM »
Don't be an idiot. You KNOW we'd rather have you neutral. Or at least "wait an see."

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #771 on: July 02, 2011, 07:18:20 AM »

I have as much information as anyone else at this point. Would you rather I be giddy about the whole thing and blindly love whatever Nintendo does? Is that what commercials are teaching your generation?
They don't but, they really should be because that would be the Holy Grail in some markets.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: July 02, 2011, 07:58:28 AM »
Dear BlackNMild2k1,

Post more Wii U news and rumors so we have something to talk about instead of the nature of subjectivity vs objectivity (again). Please and thank you.

Sincerely,
Everyone

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #773 on: July 02, 2011, 08:35:00 AM »
We could talk about possible WiiU warnings like:

Warning: uMote is not a freesbie.  Please do not Pass.
Warning: uMote will not let you see under other users clothes. Despite what the Internet Says.
Warning: WiiU is not a Wii or Wii Accessory.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 08:38:40 AM by Ceric »

Offline mac<censored>

• View Profile
« Reply #774 on: July 02, 2011, 09:21:31 AM »

I have as much information as anyone else at this point.

You certainly have less than the people who have used the controller...
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 09:23:07 AM by mac<censored> »