Author Topic: Wii U Logo for E3 2012 Confirms the Name Is Final  (Read 23153 times)

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Re: Wii U Logo for E3 2012 Confirms the Name Is Final
« Reply #100 on: May 30, 2012, 03:10:12 AM »
I don't think Nintendo determines the margins. Game prices went up because it's more expensive to make HD games (or so the story goes). If the Wii U is cheaper to develop for and 3rd parties make it the lead console, then I could see them passing the savings along to us especially if it means keeping up with Nintendo.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 30, 2012, 09:37:24 AM »
I don't think Nintendo determines the margins. Game prices went up because it's more expensive to make HD games (or so the story goes). If the Wii U is cheaper to develop for and 3rd parties make it the lead console, then I could see them passing the savings along to us especially if it means keeping up with Nintendo.
Nintendo, Sony, & Microsoft get a cut of every sale as the platform holder.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 30, 2012, 12:15:47 PM »
If Nintendo made it mandatory to charge only $50 for Wii U games then third parties would just leave.  They don't NEED Nintendo pretty much at all so why would they put up with that crap if they can sell games for $60 on the other systems?  Nintendo should let third parties charge whatever they want.  If a third party charges too much for a game then the game doesn't sell.  There is no need for Nintendo to be involved as the market will determine what price point people are willing to pay for which games.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 30, 2012, 12:40:23 PM »
Even though PS360 games debut at the $59.99 price point, after a few weeks they tend to drop down to about $39.99 and if you wait a few months most of them will drop to the rock bottom $19.99 range. Nintendo's games don't generally behave like that. They debut at $49.99 and they stay there for years, until they finally become "Nintendo Select" titles and then and only then do they get a price cut.
is your sanity...