Author Topic: Mafia 79: Nintendo of America Power Struggle - Day 3  (Read 6327 times)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 79: Nintendo of America Power Struggle - Day 3
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2019, 07:04:13 PM »
I had planned on changing my vote hourly, but my internet connection is crap. This is the second time attempting this post. I'm going to try voting for the least active player bless there is a bandwagon
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2019, 07:40:58 PM »
Breaking character because Mop It Up's Cat hasn't really responded to Stevey's vote, except to tie it up with an unrelated vote.  This makes me think they may be in cahoots.  Also, Mop's Cat lead the bandwagon against Cuteshopper, who was a townie.

PokePal also quickly joined that bandwagon to give it momentum.  And, if you used Mop's Cat's logic from Day 2 on the events from Day 2, you get PokePal as a mafio.

Anyway, put the smiles back on the faces and vote Mop It Up's Cat.

Unless it's Stevey, which is still pretty possible.

The more I read this post, the more flawed it looks. Change of plans, let's vote Nickmitch

Stevey has a known vedetta :ph: against Khushrenada so him voting against Khush and basically getting ignored is a very regular occurrence. Any longtime player, including Nickmitch who's been doing this for longer than I have, should know this.

Cutestopher was a part of the bandwagon that was formed against Mop's cat so mop's cat just voted against him because he felt Cute was suspicious at the time.

The part where I think he claims I might be "mafio" is fine, I guess, (I honestly have no idea what that last part is supposed to be) but I literally explained my reasoning for that two posts above. The fact that you don't even acknowledge that explanation (even if to just say you think it's BS) is kind of remarkable.

Honestly this is kind of remarkable. I can't believe I didn't catch any of this the first time I read that post.

The vendetta argument is shaky at best. Stevey did not vote for him in Mafia 78, and Khush didn't play 77, so it's a bit more inconsistent than that.  Also, in Mafia 76, when Stevey did vote Khush, it was on day 1, a day when joke votes make the most sense, not 5 townies deaths into the game.

Cute being suspicious doesn't mean much when Cute is now both dead and a confirmed townie.

Also, I kinda just skimmed your post. Revealing yourself as the detective is a high-risk move.  Not as high as trusting Khushrenda though.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2019, 07:47:52 PM »
Well here I am laying low, chomping some cigars, waiting for the tax men to finish their search warrant and what do I find on my return? A big ol' bummer party! Only one thing we can fellas, vote Lucario!

EDIT:
Tally
MASB - 1
Mop It Up's Cat - 1
Lucario - 2
Nickmitch - 4

Sorry all, I was out of pocket for much of the weekend because we adopted a 1 1/2 year old pix mix puppy, who is a big ol baby sweetheart

Aww cute, post pictures if you'd like!

You're counting two votes from Mop It Up's Cat in your tally, if I'm counting right.  Though, Morningshark's vote fixes that discrepancy, he posted after you edited your post.  This means Khush is cheating and should thusly be disqualified.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2019, 08:54:18 PM »
Revealing yourself as the detective is a high-risk move.  Not as high as trusting Khushrenda though.

That risk is diminished when you know who the doctor is. (And it is not Lucario... [or is it?])

The vendetta argument is shaky at best. Stevey did not vote for him in Mafia 78, and Khush didn't play 77, so it's a bit more inconsistent than that.  Also, in Mafia 76, when Stevey did vote Khush, it was on day 1, a day when joke votes make the most sense, not 5 townies deaths into the game.

Only death I'm responsible for is the Cutestopher vote out and I'm not happy about it. I really thought I was onto something with how he had been playing. But to say I'm responsible for all townie deaths is ludicrous. I didn't vote out Stratos. In fact, at this point, nearly everyone who did vote for him was revealed to be a townie. Only MASB is the one player we don't know about since he's still alive. In fact, Stratos even sent me a pm wanting to work together. I really didn't want to put that much effort into this game so I told him I might not be the best partner. Still, once he started getting more votes, I thought I should try and do something to help him and suggested Steefosaurus as a vote but then I cancelled that idea. It just seemed too late to do anything about it. Nickmitch, however, made no vote.

Then on Day 2, you tried to get me lynched and have only voted for me the so far this game on Day 2 and 3. Probably since you figure I'd be gone so and could wave away your vote simply because I'm Khushrenada and just being who I am makes me the "best" choice. Even though the two people who voted nickmitch on Day 1 (ShyGuy and BeautifulShy) are both dead now. But to think I somehow orchestrated the Stratos vote, worked with killer or mafia to assure two more townie deaths and then worked with the killer or mafia to hit the same target while voting out a townie to get 5 townie deaths is an absurd bit of logic. At least I'm trying but putting forth theories and looking at behaviour. ShyGuy was trying as well but targeting different players to make them active and play. So was Mop it up.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2019, 09:00:14 PM »
Alot of people have been personal messaging me asking if I'm mafia or not. I'm not, but not like you guys are going to believe that anyway :shrug:. I do have my suspicions on the bomber however.
Made you look ****.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2019, 09:12:15 PM »
Night actions are going to be interesting tonight. I suspect myself and pokepal will be high priority targets. Problem is that neither the killer nor the mafia will want to hit the same target like they did with ShyGuy. They both need the numbers to dwindle. So, they may assume the other party will target one of us and choose a different player. Yet, it is hard to target someone else when pokepal is clearly a threat based on his ability and I've made myself a threat again by leading two votes. However, because we are high profile and know the doctor, that means there is a high percent chance that a vote against one of us will fail anyways (although I'm sure these players will be questioning whether we actually know the doctor or if it is just a ruse) and having a hit (or potentially both hits) fail because of targeting a player protected by the doctor may be even worse than both targeting the same player. So, do the godfather and killer chance it by targeting one of us or do they go in another direction and hope they can take us out at another time or by us voting the bomber?

Of course, if nickmitch is not mafia then the mafia may not care since that will put more pressure on me with people thinking I'm pulling a big con. Since trust seems to be fraying at times with myself and pokepal, perhaps that situation will implode on itself. Likewise, the killer may not care since he just needs people gone from this game whether mafia or not. Plus, there is the fact that the mafia and the killer kind of both need each other gone and they may be the biggest threats to each other. With just one good hit, the mafia could take out the killer and thus end his game and control the night. Likewise, the killer could hit a mafia player and really torpedo their chances. By eliminating the mafia then the killer doesn't have to worry about getting hit in the night and just has to keep blending in for now. Thus, do the mafia and killer try for townies or each other?

I don't know how the night actions are going to turn out but there's a lot of critical thinking and second guessing to be done for this night. The night actions tonight feel like they may decide the game or be the turning point based on the many ways it may unfold. Even though I may be targeted, I have to say, it is going to make for the most exciting portion of the game and crunch time has now arrived for all parties.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2019, 09:19:53 PM »
Revealing yourself as the detective is a high-risk move.  Not as high as trusting Khushrenda though.

That risk is diminished when you know who the doctor is. (And it is not Lucario... [or is it?])

Only death I'm responsible for is the Cutestopher vote out and I'm not happy about it. I really thought I was onto something with how he had been playing. But to say I'm responsible for all townie deaths is ludicrous. I didn't vote out Stratos. In fact, at this point, nearly everyone who did vote for him was revealed to be a townie. Only MASB is the one player we don't know about since he's still alive. In fact, Stratos even sent me a pm wanting to work together. I really didn't want to put that much effort into this game so I told him I might not be the best partner. Still, once he started getting more votes, I thought I should try and do something to help him and suggested Steefosaurus as a vote but then I cancelled that idea. It just seemed too late to do anything about it. Nickmitch, however, made no vote.

Then on Day 2, you tried to get me lynched and have only voted for me the so far this game on Day 2 and 3. Probably since you figure I'd be gone so and could wave away your vote simply because I'm Khushrenada and just being who I am makes me the "best" choice. Even though the two people who voted nickmitch on Day 1 (ShyGuy and BeautifulShy) are both dead now. But to think I somehow orchestrated the Stratos vote, worked with killer or mafia to assure two more townie deaths and then worked with the killer or mafia to hit the same target while voting out a townie to get 5 townie deaths is an absurd bit of logic. At least I'm trying but putting forth theories and looking at behaviour. ShyGuy was trying as well but targeting different players to make them active and play. So was Mop it up.

I never said you were responsible for all five deaths.  I brought up the 5 deaths to state how far we are in the game and the fact that there hasn't been on non-townie death.  The stakes are a little high to be dismissive of any vote.

Targeting people who voted for you as mafia is a rookie move, and I'm frankly insulted you would think I would do such a thing.

MASB has voted for me twice now, so maybe you'll vote him out next when you see I'm a townie.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2019, 09:22:41 PM »
Of course, if nickmitch is not mafia then the mafia may not care since that will put more pressure on me with people thinking I'm pulling a big con.

Because you pulling a big con hasn't happened before.  :rolleyes:

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2019, 10:24:06 PM »

Sorry all, I was out of pocket for much of the weekend because we adopted a 1 1/2 year old pix mix puppy, who is a big ol baby sweetheart

Aww cute, post pictures if you'd like!

Here's our puppy! (yikes, the orientation is off)

He's a pit mix, 1 1/2 years old, and basically a big baby.  A few speed bumps in the first few days, but he's acclimating to the home pretty well!

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2019, 11:10:12 PM »
50 minutes until the end of the day, get your votes and discussion in while you can.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2019, 11:38:41 PM »
Gotta say, the way the discussion is going doesn’t have me feeling good voting for nickmitch. I think I’m gonna go a different route and vote MASB.
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2019, 12:00:45 AM »
I never said you were responsible for all five deaths.

Well, a lot of other people seem to think I could pull that off so I read your comment as the same thing. As it stands, you still have never really explained much as to why you have decided to vote for me two days in a row.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2019, 12:02:02 AM »
The day has ended. You have 12 hours to send in your night actions.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent