Author Topic: Now That's What I Call Safe Words 17! Sign-up Thread!  (Read 31399 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Now That's What I Call Safe Words 17! Sign-up Thread!
« on: February 09, 2021, 01:20:19 PM »

Oh!

Hello there!

Sorry, I was lost in thought and didn't see you enter this thread. However, I'm glad you stopped by. ;D  My name is Treize Khushrenada. You may be familiar with me on these forums as that poster who irregularly posts topics for the day or the poster most suspected of possibly having a second account on this forum. (I'll never tell.  ;) )

During my time here, I've achieved many great things like getting banned for the Free Super demonstration or getting banned for re-creating Wandering's Minnie the Moocher stunt. However, the achievement I'd most like to define my legacy on these forums is that of creating Safe Words.

Now don't get me wrong. I still very much love a good Mafia game but hosting a Mafia game can be like making a Lobster Lasagna. Yes, it's delicious but it also takes a lot of work to achieve all those layers of flavor. But hosting Safe Words is more like making a pizza. It's much simpler yet it still offers a wide variety of possibilities. And if there's one thing I know for sure about these forums, it's that everyone here loves a Safe Words pizza!

Yet, despite the ease of hosting a Safe Words game, people rarely seem to want to step up and do so. I don't know why that it is. You get to watch other posters develop anxiety from their choices, it's a great way to up your post count and, at some point, you get to inform Insanolord that, once again, he's lost another game of Safe Words. What more could a host ask for?

Perhaps it is the idea of choosing a theme. Well, guess what? The choices and theme don't really matter. It could be anything. Just look around you. It could be a list of the apps on your phone or the food in your pantry. It could be the chapters in a book or it could be tv shows from the 1988 CBS Primetime Fall Schedule or maybe just a random CD in your collection. Like this one, Now That's What I Call Music 17. That's the UK label not to be confused with the inferior US brand's version of Now That's What I Call Music 17 because that's not what I call music. But then again, artistic merit isn't really the point. The point is to just keep pumping out these games as they aren't much use once they've been played. You may want to make it as current as you can (this is the 17th game and I choose the 17th edition of this music series so mission accomplished there) but don't let that hold you up. It's really about minimum effort for maximum profit.

So, please sign up and join me as I pull back the curtain and reveal all my Safe Words hosting tips and tricks while we take on the music industrial complex. I'll show you just how slapdash a Safe Words game can be and how the consumers players will still eat it up anyways. Because at the end of the day, this game is like a pizza and everyone will eat a pizza no matter how it's made.

Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: Now That's What I Call Safe Words 17! Sign-up Thread!
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2021, 01:20:39 PM »
Sign-ups so far:

Discord.RSS
Stratos
Mr. Bungle
Insanolord
nickmitch
MASB
TOPHATANT123
Mop it up
BeautifulShy

9 poor souls have signed up so far.

Perhaps you are one of the users on this forum who haven't played a Safe Words game or don't know how it works. Perhaps you are too shy to ask your physician for help to understand the game. Well, today is your lucky day as I now take a moment to explain this game in a simple post.

HOW TO PLAY

SIMPLE VERSION: It is like Russian Roulette. After sign-ups are closed, the players are randomly assorted into a selection rotation. But what are they selecting? There is a list of words or phrases. One of those words is like the bullet in a gun used for Russian Roulette. If you select that phrase when it is your turn to choose from the list of phrases, then you lose. The bullet word is removed from the list and a new word is selected from the list to act as the bullet for the next round. Players then select phrases again until someone is eliminated. This process is repeated until only one person remains and is declared the winner. Think you have what it takes to choose the safe words and avoid the unsafe words? Then sign-up and find out.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 10:41:12 AM by Khushrenada »

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2021, 07:13:50 PM »
Now that's what I call music!
Now that's what I call podracing!
Now that's what I call participating in Safe Words 17!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2021, 07:19:51 PM »
Lets Honk some Stonks!
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2021, 07:26:31 PM »
Room for one more?

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2021, 07:48:34 PM »
Second place, here I come!
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2021, 01:02:00 PM »
Woo-eee. Pretty slow sign-ups so far.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2021, 08:16:49 PM »
I will sign up to hopefully turn things around.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2021, 09:36:36 PM »
Welp, two weeks later and the sign-up count is stuck at 5. The lowest we've done a Safe Words game is 8 which is the number I had in my head for the minimum player count I want to reach. I suppose 7 might be doable but I'd rather stick with my goal of 8 especially since it at least means half the players are eliminated before the Final Four. I suppose I could invitations but I don't wear on forum members by seeming to also drag them into playing a forum game. If you are wondering if these forums still have a pulse, the low turnout for this may be a sign its getting ready to flat line. I was also thinking of doing a Mafia game but this Safe Words turnout makes me think there won't be much action with that since an even bigger turnout would be needed.

At this point, I'll leave the thread open for another week. If the minimum count of 8 players is not reached then I am closing this thread and shelving the game. Pulled from the release schedule like Project H.A.M.M.E.R.

Offline MASB

• "The game's afoot, Watson!" "You're standing on mine, Holmes!"
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2021, 10:42:24 PM »
Missed this topic! I'm in. You should probably advertise it on the Discord as well, to make sure more people know about it.

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2021, 03:27:12 AM »
I have brought shame upon myself by also missing this thread. In.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2021, 01:12:31 PM »
Oh whoops I almost missed this!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2021, 03:42:11 PM »
Oh whoops I almost missed this!

May I ask how you almost missed this?

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2021, 03:47:43 AM »
Sorry been in my head and on other parts of the internet.  If I am still able to can I sign up?
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2021, 10:40:46 AM »
Well, you made it as I'm closing this thread and getting ready to launch the game now.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2021, 01:41:21 AM »
Sorry all. With work and then the Switch anniversary thread I wanted to dig into, I'm behind in getting this going now. The timing of it all! It's late now so I'll have to get this going tomorrow.