Author Topic: How old are you and how long have you had gamecube?  (Read 12940 times)

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: How old are you and how long have you had gamecube?
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2003, 08:47:22 PM »
I turned the very cool legal age of 18 at July's end.
I got my Cube in January this year with Rogue Leader, Eternal Darkness and Harry Pothead (for my sister).
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline alvinaloy

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:How old are you and how long have you had gamecube?
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2003, 12:49:24 AM »
26 and got my Cube last December

Offline Griffin

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2003, 12:52:22 AM »
I'm gonna be 24 next a month from right now (the 25th), and I got mine the day of the US launch, after months and months of giddiness (like a SCHOOLGIRL I tell ya!)
INCONCEIVABLE!!!

AC Info:

Name: Mike
Town: PhatCave

Offline jalidi

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2003, 01:30:45 AM »
I'm 27 years old, bought the GC last week, own three games so far, one of which came free with the system (Zelda) and two which cost me 20 CDN apiece at the used games rack (Eternal Darkness, Rebel Assault 2) and I'm planning to add a fourth when Soul Cailbur 2 hits the shelves.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2003, 02:45:07 AM »
MUHAHHAHAAAA You all suck(Not really).

Got mine at Japan launch day. Waited the whole night. Picked up on the ay Super monkey Ball, Luigi's mansion, Pikmin.

I am sure that Rebel Assult 2 would run great on the GCN jalidi hehe.  
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Chibi Kuririn

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2003, 03:47:26 AM »
I've had my GCN since late July last year, and I'm 12 years old. Too many pwnage games coming out this fall and winter, starting with F-Zero GX and Soul Calibur II...Nintendo, consider OUR wallets!
Solid Snake > Ryu

MGS:TTS > all those Street Fighter 2 clones

Offline rpglover

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2003, 03:56:40 AM »
18 and i got my gc at the launch day- loved it ever since
i have around 20 games so far and soon to have 2 more (soul calibur and fzero)
i call the big one bitey.

Offline Kaj'oin

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2003, 04:29:29 AM »
I'm 18 in 2weeks ,had my cube since uk launch and got a massive 7 games
looking very forward to f-zero GX,so much challenge so much speed.

Offline malder

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2003, 07:43:08 AM »
20 and got mine one year ago. I had to wait a horrible long time due to exams. I have 12 games ( i think) and aiming for 15 at the end of the year, if Nintendo releases some good games in Europe during the next months. So chances are slim to none.
Belgians play GC too!  

Offline penfold

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2003, 07:54:34 AM »
Im 37 years old and got a Cube for Christmas last year. Super Mario Sunshine, Madden 03, and Super Smash Brothers Melee were the games I got with my GameCube. I will get Madden 04 (thanks to the new "corrupt file" bug thats only happening to XBOX Madden 04 owners, I am getting the GameCube version. Besides, it wouldnt be the same if I got the XBOX version anyways. Afterall, the graphics of the Cube version are equal to the BOX version). I also plan to get FZero, Metroid Fusion for the GBP, Pikmin, Wave Race Blue Storm, Sonic Adventure 2, etc and also probably about 10-15 more by the years end. However, planning and actually getting that many is a different story.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2003, 08:00:42 AM »
I'm 17, soon 18, got the Black Cube on christmas 2002 weith Sunshine. Currently own 12 games, 2 of which are non-exclusive and another two are semi-exclusive (Skies of Arcadia, Sonic Mega Collection). The cube is my only console except for a SNES and (if you want to count it) a C64.

Offline The Doc

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2003, 09:50:07 AM »
I am 22 and I bought my platium GameCube at launch last october. I currently own 19 games for the GameCube.

The Doc

Offline thecubedcanuck

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2003, 10:14:42 AM »
32 years old
21 games
Having sex when your 90 is like shooting pool with a piece of rope

Offline AgentSeven

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2003, 11:36:39 AM »
I'm 28 and I bought mine on day one.  I have over 35 titles, four WaveBirds, a broadband adapter, and the GBA player.  I also plan on having four, back lit GBA's by the time Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles launches.  (I have 3 now)

And, yes, I am insane, but you should see the non stop gaming parties at my home  
"I am not a number, I am a free man"    "$ony=Atari Circa 1984"

Got a Defective ps2?  Go here: http://www.sheller.com/sonyPS2classaction.html

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2003, 11:47:40 AM »
One day, when I have money, I'll have as many games as you folk.  Until then, ten games will do for the end of this year.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2003, 12:34:46 PM »
15 GAMES

Got my Black cube at launch.  I've had as many as 23 games, but have traded in some towards newer games. 4 controllers(2 black, 1 orange, 1 siver), 2 wavebirds, 3 memory card 259's.  My favorite games so far have been: Metroid prime, Wind Waker,  Tiger woods, Madden, RE 1, Eternal Darkness, Timesplitters 2, Sunshine....

I've enjoyed the GC as much as i enjoy every Nintendo system.  I guess i know what i'm getting after all these years.

Next game: F-zero is next...or SC2
Looking to add another 5-10 games by Xmas.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline mattcube

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2003, 01:03:28 PM »
Well, I've been alive for 464,460,120 seconds, excluding my pre-birth state. That makes me 14 years old (15 in January). I waited in line for 5 hours at a 24 hour Wal*Mart to buy my shiney jet black Gamecube. I will own 23 games by the weekend, cause I'm getting Soul Calibur II and F-Zero GX. I currently own:

Animal Crossing
Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance
Batman Vengence
Bomberman Generations
Enter the Matrix
Zelda: OoT
Zelda:WW
Luigi's Mansion
Mario Party 4
Metroid Prime
Phantasy Star Online
Pikmin
Spider-man
Splinter Cell
Spyhunter
Star Fox: Adventures
Star Wars: Rouge Leader
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Timesplitters 2
...and...er... the Preview Disc...which counts as a game...

My fovorite out of those has to be SSBM, or PSO, or EtM...or...um...I like all my games. This Christmas I'm asking for Viewtiful Joe, Prince of Persia, and Need for Speed: Underground. Then there's games for my PS2 I want, like Ape Escape 2, and Final Fantasy X-2, and AGB such as Boktai and Final Fantasy Tactics Advance.

I'd say I got a pretty nice game collection for my age. GCN, PS2, N64, Dremcast, Gameboy Advance SP, a Palm m505, Toshiba Flat tube TV and 300 watt sound system in my room. But my downstairs is where its at: 56 inch Widescreen 720p 1080i HDTV and 700 watt Kenwood Pro Logic II, Dolby DTS surround setup.

To bad none of my friends seem to be as in to video games as myself. Because then I'd have the all night gaming parties some repliers earlier mentioned.  
-Anathar post froom teh high inteliigince of mattcube

Offline Round Eye

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2003, 02:21:59 PM »
30 - Got mine right around when Eternal Darkness came out.  Have no idea what date that is on a calender.  The only thing I don't like about my cube right now is that their are a ton of awesome games coming out soon.  And it is going to be expensive, seems like Nintendos hard work is starting to pay off; for us the gamer that is.  Who said a little competition is a bad thing.
There are two types of people in the world.  Those who finish what they started, and so on...

Offline GoldShadow1

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2003, 04:10:53 PM »
I'm 16 (17 next month) and have had a GameCube since June 2002, I think.

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2003, 04:31:23 PM »
I'm 17. Despite the "release date" for GCN here in US falling on a Sunday I received mine on the previous Friday thanks all to EBGames.com's wonderful shipping.  Gotta' love it.
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St

Offline Ms.Pikmin

• Ow, my GOB!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2003, 08:32:35 PM »
I'm 33 and got our GC at launch.  Currently have 25 games but who knows where that number will go with all that's coming out.  

« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2003, 09:16:48 PM »
Hi. I'm Mark and I'm 19 and an alcoholic....oh wait

I mean I've had my cube since the U.S. launch date.  I have about 15 games for the cube.  I got my ps2 just recently so otherwise i would have more cube games but i've been investing in my ps2 a little.  No, i won't be getting a platinum cube, nor will i be getting a q.  I like long walks on the beach and to curl up by the fire place with that special someone.
it was time for a change.

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2003, 11:44:30 PM »
I'm 18, I've had my cube for a year. I got it late (stupid me) coz i was happy with my 64. I've got 15 games and I plan on spending my entire tax return on Mario Kart, F Zero, Star Fox, Animal Crossing, Pikmin 2 and anything else which i have probably forgotten.
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.â€

Offline Asimov

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2003, 05:51:39 AM »
I'm 18.
Got mine launch day.
25 games.
The only next-gen console I own.  (R.I.P Dreamcast)
I'm about to sell my Cube to get a Qube. (My brother took our other DVD
player.....

Playin' with power since 1987!!
We've been losing a lot of members due to a lack of "gimmicky features", but don't worry, true Nintendo Gallery fans know where it's at!

Offline yellowfellow

• I have become comfortably numb.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2003, 06:02:33 AM »
i'm 23 and i got my cube on the north american launch date.
i have around 10 games (will be 12 by thursday), though at one point i had up to 16.  then i decided to trade a few in and get some new games.
procrastination and masturbation are fine, until you realize you're only screwing yourself