Author Topic: One day till Madden!!!  (Read 7449 times)

Offline bootang82

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
One day till Madden!!!
« on: August 10, 2003, 12:10:40 PM »
Any of you excited about Madden 2004? Stores will probably be releasing it tommorow (monday) night to whoever pre-ordered it.
I just got a brand new 57" TV thats waiting for it to be played on and I can't wait to see it (especially in progressive scan).

P.S. Do any of you know if its going to be capable of Pro Logic II?

Offline SuperLink666

• View Profile
RE:One day till Madden!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2003, 12:55:12 PM »
Not like I can't play Madden 2002 with the same graphics and gameplay as 2004 will have
www.warppipe.com
GameCube games - Playable online!

Offline rpglover

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2003, 12:57:20 PM »
i cant wait for madden- the games in the series just rock
personally i like the new playmaker control that ea has been advertising- all i have heard is it is the best use of the right analog stick in a game
i love football- madden is the game to get  
i call the big one bitey.

Offline bootang82

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2003, 01:03:59 PM »
I knew someone was going to post an intelligent comment like that as soon as I started the thread. This has already been discussed before but just in case you can't read well, this year the right analog stick is used giving the gameplay a whole new aspect. There are new franchise modes that have not been used in the previous installments (owner mode) and of course the AI has been fine-tuned more from last year. There's more in the game thats to be had, but its not like your going to listen anyways with your closed-minded ways, so i'll just stop now.
Oh and just to spite you a little more, the graphics are slightly better this year...haha.

Offline AdvancedGamer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2003, 01:12:53 PM »
ya... or I can just play Madden 2002 that I just bought for $5 at best buy. Or would u prefer Madden 2003 for $10
Video Games-
Why waste good technology on medicine and science?

Now Playing: Zelda: TP (GC)
Mario Kart (DS)
NSMB (DS)

Offline bootang82

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2003, 01:22:38 PM »
By superlink666 and advancedgamer's logic I should've stopped buying Zelda games in back in the '80's because after all, all you do is go around killing monsters to save some girl.Hehehehe

Offline jarob

• View Profile
RE: One day till Madden!!!
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2003, 01:31:56 PM »
I am more interested in the college game.

Offline bootang82

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2003, 01:34:36 PM »
Yeah, NCAA is an awesome game. I rented it like two weeks ago and had alot of fun with it.

Offline franky005

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2003, 01:54:56 PM »
I posted a topic a while ago of me skipping this year's Madden, well I broke down, I couldn't handle the pressure, and I will be looking like mad for it over the next 3 days.  Yes, we are buying it again, it does have improvements, but people that aren't really into football or football games don't get why we buy it every year.  The NFL changes so much every year that even the roster changes make it worthwhile, and then there are other great updates.  To me, after I get the new one, the older version seems very outdated.  1 day....
Number 81

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2003, 02:06:27 PM »
I pre-ordered mine from Target and they don't get them in until Thursday.  But I can't wait for the Owner mode; it sounds great.  

Oh, and about the Playmaker system, don't you love the commercial where they have various players saying what a "playmaker" is, and Adam Vinateri says a playmaker "makes the big kick." Then Ray Lewis says "kickers will speak when spoken to!"  
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St

Offline bootang82

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2003, 02:12:16 PM »
Yeah the Madden commercials are always awesome (especially since now they have Ricky Williams in it).
By any chance does anyone know where we can see player ratings, cuz all I can find are team ratings.

P.S. When is PGC gonna give its review of the game, and who is doing the review?

Offline bootang82

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2003, 02:14:15 PM »
Sorry, double post

Offline rpglover

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2003, 02:25:05 PM »
yeah i forgot about the new owner mode and franchise stuff- i like the fact now that you can design your own team from the ground up, make new uniforms, and import them as a new team into the franchise mode
i love the playmaker thing the most though- controling lineman to block for you in the open field- genius
you can also change reciever's routes, change play direction, or even control the defense in some ways
i own ncaa 2004 and i love that game- madden to me is better, but ncaa has so much in it
i cant wait to see madden- i have had mine pre-ordered since july so they better get in soon
i call the big one bitey.

Offline franky005

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2003, 02:49:19 PM »
kennyb, they aren't getting them in until Thursday?  That's strange, the Target around here says they'll have them Monday, they are the only place around here that says they will have it Monday, everyone else says Tuesday or Wednesday.  
Number 81

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2003, 04:01:20 PM »
Ima prob stick with nfl 2k4 when it comes out next month until madden comes out on the next generation systems.  Madden is a good game and the better game overall compared to nfl2k series.  I used to be a big madden fan but once I got nfl 2k3 there was no turning back for me.  The 2 things that did it for me were the player models, animation and the option to touch up the dificulty of different aspects of the game instead of the usual rookie, novice.... and so on from madden.  Like that I can come up with the perfect level of difficulty where games are always close.  The gameplay is great in nfl 2k and the animation and player models are the icing on the cake and really make you feel as if its a real game you watching, makes the replays all that much better too.  But once the next gen systems come in and madden upgrades from its standard plastic midget players then it'll become the perfect interpretation of the sport.  Cant wait till that day.  Cant go wrong with either game though if you one of the other systems, so enjoy, hopefully sega will bring their 2k series in all sports back to a nintendo system soon.  

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2003, 05:39:07 PM »
I'll be getting it again.  I make sure i trade in the previous years Madden around May, so i get 20$ for it.  I had both NKL2k3 and Madden 2003, and Madden kills it .  The stats just arent realistic in NFL 2k3, along with the many bugs, like tripping over the chalk lines.  The animation is slighly better in 2k3, but Madden is way more polished.  In other words, yes i'll be getting it, like the rest of the lemmings.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline penfold

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2003, 07:15:26 PM »
Well....I will end up getting Madden and also ESPN Football. I played a demo of ESPNF and it is so cool. However, the demo was only 3 minutes and theres not enough scoring one can do in 3 minutes. Im a big EA and Sega fan, so its always a tradition for me to get every update every year.  

Offline Jdub03

• Bert Stanton speaking.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2003, 10:05:25 AM »
You can change the AI in madden 03' also.  Its in gameplay options.
How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg. - Abraham Lincoln

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2003, 10:13:00 AM »
If you've played one Madden you've played them all. I'd rather play NFL Blitz on N64 then Madden...I don't know how you fanataics get tricked into buying pretty much the same game every year. Bah...EA must have some sumbliminal messages in their commercials or something.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2003, 10:21:09 AM »
yeah.. im not meaning to bash/flame or anything, but how can you get excited about an anual game? from an outsider looking in it seems like your paying good money for basically a patch :\

Offline greenwood

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2003, 08:00:12 PM »
Note to those of you questioning why we buy a football game every year (and mind you I don't mean this in a snotty way or anything) but read bootang82's 2nd post and you'll see why this year is most definitely not a patch.
To make my say, I'm so damn excited about this game. I pre-ordered from Gamestop.com and those dirty SOB's better get my game to me soon.
The thing I'm most excited about is the Owner mode. So many options. But the Playmaker controls will rock as well. Pre-snap and post. And...the DB's don't suck!
Now Madden 2005 may be the game that people pass on. I mean, what else could they possibly add? Of course, having said that, I'm sure I'll still buy it.  

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2003, 08:06:05 PM »
Blitz was enough realism for me. If I wanted more realism I would go play football with my friends.

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2003, 08:36:25 PM »
I think the roster updates are enough reason to buy 2004.  Now that I think of it, Owner mode sounds alot like a "Sim" thing.  I hope it won't make it too hard to keep up the team, because I'm terrible at SimCity, Life, etc. games.  Oh, and, Nintendo Gamecube, I agree, football is much more fun with friends.
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2003, 10:36:35 PM »
ohwell aslong as your happy, not my job to tell you what games to buy

Offline thecubedcanuck

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2003, 02:05:37 AM »
I find it real funny when I hear people say "you buy the same football game every year, your a moron" and then in the same breath say they own monkey ball 1 AND 2.

If you dont like sports games you will never understand the subtle differances that go into the new versions, to people who love sport the differances from year to year are plentiful. To those who would rather call names, go back to your pokemon crap and STFU.
Having sex when your 90 is like shooting pool with a piece of rope