Author Topic: i took the plunge X...  (Read 8218 times)

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: i took the plunge X...
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2003, 09:44:55 PM »
You know what is the best game EVER released for XB? Linux! Hell, I know people who bought 16 XBs just for Linux (server cluster, Baby! Who needs Cell?).

Hm, reading all this I think I should hook up my PC to my TV again and maybe get a second gamepad... my Gamechunk!

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2003, 10:19:19 PM »
i want to get an Lbawx just for the fun of it

Offline AERO

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
i took the plunge X...
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2003, 05:10:33 AM »
Oh cut the crap and just leave this topic. I don't see how this is helping this guy. Your better off leaving the "other gaming" board all together if you have to take cheap shots whenever the oppertunity to present itself.  

Offline StRaNgE

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
i took the plunge X...
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2003, 07:14:50 AM »
it only shows age and what level  their brains have developed to is all.

i am returning max payne to my friend today unfinished. seems that the disk started having errors and  saying it was unreadable even though it really was not scratched bad. not to concerned about it cuz the game was  starting to become a bit annoying with so many damn cut sceens every two rooms it went into a story sceen or  radio  it seemed.

i think i might go buy the extended warrenty eb offered for a year for 14 bucks, if the system goes out the will exchange it for another  or something like that.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2003, 09:32:33 AM »
Come on, the guys are only having fun. It not like they are been out-right fanboys.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2003, 10:03:11 AM »
yeah... there were way worse things in that why do gcn owners hate xbawx owners thread, there isn't anything that bad in this thread at all, or i dare say it would be locked ;P

Offline penfold

• View Profile
i took the plunge X...
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2003, 10:10:43 AM »

Originally posted by: StRaNgE
it only shows age and what level  their brains have developed to is all.

i am returning max payne to my friend today unfinished. seems that the disk started having errors and  saying it was unreadable even though it really was not scratched bad. not to concerned about it cuz the game was  starting to become a bit annoying with so many damn cut sceens every two rooms it went into a story sceen or  radio  it seemed.

i think i might go buy the extended warrenty eb offered for a year for 14 bucks, if the system goes out the will exchange it for another  or something like that.

When I bought a XBOX (a new one with Jet Set Radio Future and Sega GT 2002 and also a third game as well), it came with an offer by Microsoft for an extended warranty (it was only a 2 year EW with a price tag of around 50 bucks). I ignored it at the time. I was only interested in a one year EW with an option to renew every year I own my XBOX. Afterall, I do plan to buy a XBOXNext in 2005 or 2006 when it comes out and that will bring about another EW.

I did reconsider and bought a one year EW for $24.95 from Microsoft. I guess the reason why I had to get one was all the horror stories I read about in XBOXAddict's forums about the first editions of the XBOX dying out on users.

Offline StRaNgE

• View Profile
i took the plunge X...
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2003, 09:07:14 PM »
i got mine refurbished so no Microsoft warrenty was available.
but for 14 .95 i can get one with EB games that would replace the xbox with another refurbished one.

might go pick that up over the weekend. for now i am off to try out metal gear solid 2
prepare  me a bit for metal gear solid on the cube when that time comes.

Offline AERO

• View Profile
i took the plunge X...
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2003, 08:14:34 AM »
I had mine from launch. Got some dirty disc errors. The manufacturers warrenty was still good but it was quicker to use my warrenty from gamestop and they gave me a brand new one.  

Offline Big_Pimp

• View Profile
i took the plunge X...
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2003, 06:53:22 PM »

Originally posted by: Grey Ninja

Originally posted by: Big_Pimp
Well, do you think that Halo for PC will be a good game and not some halfassed port?  Will they charge to play online?

Word has it that it's better than the Xbox version in every way.  As for Pay to Play, come on.  This is a PC game.  Unless it's a MMORPG, PC gamers are not accustomed to paying to play online.

Please excuse my ingnorance

Offline penfold

• View Profile
i took the plunge X...
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2003, 07:23:11 PM »
So far I have had good luck with systems. The last time I ever bought a EW from anybody was back in 1996 when the Nintendo 64 was released (I had to wait till December 28th because the EB store in my area was sold out during the Holiday season, but I happened to come in when they just got in a new shipment. It was too sweet ). I forget the amount I spent for the warranty. My history of console buying has been excellent: Super Pong, Atari 2600, ColecoVision, NES,  SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega CD, Nintendo 64, Sega Saturn, Playstation 1 and 2, Sega Dreamcast, the Nintendo GameCube, and the Microsoft XBOX...all have been damage free.  

Offline StRaNgE

• View Profile
i took the plunge X...
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2003, 07:57:54 PM »
I gotta admit I am having a  hell of a lot of disc read errors on disc with no real noticeable scratches. Has happened 3 times on metal gear solid, twice on Max payne and once on oddworld.

I've only had one disc error on my cube in since release day and that was in the elevator spot on metroid prime.

Maybe I better go quick and get that  warranty quick.