Author Topic: Which System of yours is collecting the most dust, and why?  (Read 10191 times)

Which System of yours is collecting the most dust, and why?
« on: March 07, 2003, 01:22:27 PM »
As a serious game machine, I'd have to say my computer. Sure, I use it for internet and stuff, but the Computer's games market is too fast-paced for me, with new great new games coming out and then finding them in a bargain bin 2-3 months later. And with all this upgrades, it's sort of uncool when you shell out  a wad of cash for some nice new computer and then it gets outdated in a year or so. I really prefer console systems because they have a pre-determined controller, Don't get outdated as quickly, and you don't have to worry about system differences online or with some new game because the console is exactly the same from the next one. Of course, that's just my humble old opinion.
DON'T PANIC:
If you suffer from overactivity and are rather hyper, repeatedly press one.
If you are indecisive and need someone else to do stuff for you, get a friend to press two.
If you have schitzophrenia and any other multi-personality diseases, press three, four, five, six, seven, and

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2003, 02:04:15 PM »
Well, it's not my Gamecube, because I'm replaying Eternal Darkness and will be playing Wind Waker in a little more than 3 weeks. It's not my PS2, because I just got DDRMax and some dance pads, so I'll be occupied with that for a while, and it's not my Dreamcast, because I've rediscovered Jet Grind Radio and Toy Commander and Shenmue. I'd really have to say it's my PC. Even though it's not technically a console, the most gaming action it's been getting for a lnog time is a healthy mix of Free Cell, Snood, and MS Hearts. Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to play some of those great PC games they keep pumping out, but my computer can't even run the original Unreal Tournament if someone's moving or shooting. That coupled with the fact that I lost my Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 disc (), is probably why I've barely played my PC at all. I really wish I had a better computer.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2003, 02:05:36 PM »
That's easy.  My SNES.  The power plug on it is broken off, and in order to use it, I have to stuff tin foil in it, and plug my adaptor into that.  It rarely works for a very long time before a bump knocks it out of alignment a little, and it resets.  I still have most of my games for it though.  
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline deminisma

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2003, 02:52:43 PM »
my master system, because none of the control pads work very well anymore, the sound doesn't work and it only hooks up via RF. if i want to play SMS i put the sms disc i did for my dreamcast in.

Offline 3_MaSteRPIeCE

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2003, 03:26:27 PM »
My n64,  but it's not a thick layer of dust.
Money for war but not enough to feed the poor - TuPac

Offline penfold

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2003, 06:49:26 PM »
Well.....until a week ago, it was the XBOX. I have been playing such classics like Metroid Prime, Mario Sunshine, Jet Grind Radio, Animal Crossing, and Daytona USA from my Dreamcast and GameCube systems. The PS2 has even been collecting dust too, but my usual Grand Theft Auto VC sessions saves the system alone from the same fate as the XBOX.

So, what happened to the XBOX? I sold it to a friend. It just wasnt the system for me afterall. However, I still have a PS2, GameCube, and also a Sega Dreamcast all hooked up to the same TV.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2003, 12:08:01 PM »
NES, of course.

Nah, but n64 I haven't played in a while, and my computer is a rare distraction.  I don't play video games too often, but Gamecube takes up most of that time. . .
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Jirachi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2003, 04:36:47 PM »
My Gamecube is collecting the most dust. I mainly play my xbox, infact I don't have any games for my gamecube. Traded em all in for xbox games.

Offline Munky

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2003, 01:44:35 PM »
The system here that collects the most dust is my Xbox. Only because it's in the same spot that it was when I first bought it, so I don't move it at all. Pretty soon my GameCube will be collecting dust, but it'll still get used a lot, just like my Xbox. Hopefully the Cube will be able to keep dusted off, so it doesn't collect a lot of dust.
The memory of a lost loved one remains with you always, but it's a wound that time heals. It's like a scar....it never really disappears, time just soothes the memory.

ChaoticMunky.com

Offline DrForester

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2003, 03:59:35 PM »
.hack and Xenosaga have been my PS2 in a state of constant use.  My Xbox is only 2 months old, yet I barely touch it.  I've barely touched the GC all year since I've beaten metroid.  Have teh Zelda bonus disk, but playing .hack and Xenosaga took priority.
"I see you've decided to go psycho.....godspeed"

Offline Uglydot

• Jesus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2003, 12:39:05 PM »
Everything but my PSX and my PC, because I can play RPGs on PSX and FPS games on PC with no right thumb.  Soon I will get back into MP etc again though, cast comes off tomarrow!

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2003, 02:43:13 PM »
My Xbox.  I have turned it on twice and both times were last March, when I finally got it.  I have only one game and it is a piece of crap.  I am waiting patiently for Fable, as that will probably be the second game I buy for it.  The game I have is Blood Omen 2.  My Xbos just happens to be the most expensive dust magnet I have ever purchased.  I refuse to pay for extra equipment just to watch DVD's, I use my PS2 for that.

As of right now both my PS2 and Gamecube are getting about equal treatment, Xeonsaga with more than 40 hours invested already, and then later this month Zelda: The Wind Waker and my GBA will be taking the back seat when the GBA SP comes out and I am getting Pokemon Sapphire, Golden Sun: The Lost Ages, and then Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow, and also Soul Calibur II for GCN this August.  Hopefully I will have enough free time for Final Fantasy X-2 when that comes out in November.  I really need to stop ordering games.  I just got Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland today.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2003, 03:08:08 PM »
My Gamecube is collecting quite a bit of dust this year.  Only started it for the bonus LOZ OOT disc to see the extras and whatnot.  March 25th might change that .

The Xbox gets used for a little MA every now and then along with PD0.  Just got Apex but really haven't touched much of that.

The PS2 is going though "burn out" stage.  I'm just finishing Suikoden III (had it for awhile), and GTA VC (beat the game but there's quite a few side missions left), plus I have Xenosaga to look forward too.

My poor PC is only being used as a type writer lately.   Though I would use it more once I update it :0.  

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2003, 05:46:23 AM »
I guess I'd have to say my PC, but then I never really used it as a gaming system anyway...I own two games for the PC.  So the "better" answer would be my NES.  I got a pile of new games for it last year, but I've been too busy with my Cube to play them much!
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2003, 08:30:22 AM »
Well like most of you as a game machine my PC gets the least amount of playtime (though I still bust out Warcraft II on occasion).  It's just too out-of-date to play any current games.  However I still use my PC more than any of my consoles so it's hardly gathering dust.

The console that collects the most dust at my house is easily my Playstation.  I bought it used a few years ago (before the PS2 had any decent games and the Cube had even been released) to play some of the RPGs I missed with the N64.  So far I haven't really found a game I really like for it and generally find most of the Playstation "killer apps" to be quite dull.  The system is so unused that I recently bought a new TV and have yet to bother hooking the Playstation up to it.

My GBA also would collect a lot of dust if it weren't for Fire Pro Wrestling which I play almost everyday.  Well I don't really play it.  I usually spend my time creating wrestlers and setting up computer matches.  I find the GBA is just too damn hard to see to seriously play any games for a long period of time.  Plus there's just too many SNES ports so the amount of good ORIGINAL games to choose from is limited.  Naturally I'm looking forward to the GB Player so I can play GBA games as much as I like without getting dizzy from staring at a tiny dark screen.  Of course then my actual GBA itself will rarely get used.

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2003, 10:36:17 AM »
all my friends still come to my dormroom to play gamecube, but i have been playing that the least recently......i am trying to beat golden sun on gba, and i have recently gotten war craft 3, hittman2, counter strike, and battlefield 1942 for the pc, all quite bas ass, and i am especially addicted to hittman 2. battlefield is having problems on my comp and hopefully i can get that fixed soon....o yea and i got mafia too. does anyone know if hitman 2 gets an upgrade for the cube??? or does mafia??? cuz if either one of them do i will get them cuz they both handle poorly imo with the mouse and keyboard.....and plus my comp isnt exacly the perfect gaming machine, so none of these games run that well on my comp as it is.

so yea, although the cube stil lgets played for smash brothers and madden 2003 by my friends(and soa by me on the weekends).....it is being played the least right now.
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine

Offline Okiva77

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2003, 12:14:12 PM »
Sad to say but my Super NES and GBA are gathering dust.

The largest chunk of my gaming life was during the SNES heyday, and its now not more than a revered totem. And i get just too tired and cramped playing the GBA after a while, so im waiting for the Gc/GB player so i can use the GC controller and also not have to squint or adjust for light.

When I'm not playing either my Cube or PS2, or if my boyfriend is hogging one of em, I'm enjoying the classics on my good ol' NES.

Oh, and i've barely touched my PSone as of late. Poor thing. It's so cute too. But never shall I sell it!
AC info
Town:Zanzibar
Character:Johnny

"i'm walking through the desert, and i am not frightened
although it's hot.
i have all that i requested, and
i do not want what i haven't got."

(god bless you, sinead)

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2003, 05:41:53 PM »
Xbox. No games.
"Just a little gift from your friendly nieghborhood evil doer." - Me.

~ If you like serious, good quality Zelda rpgs, AIM HeroPiccolo and I'll give you a link. ~

Offline KatDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2003, 06:14:55 PM »
My Xbox and GC are getting about 50/50 time right now...

Playing Eternal Darkness, Zelda: WW, and Metroid Prime on the GC....

ASB 2004, Tao Feng, Mercedes Benz World Racing, and Enclave for the Xbox.
Dyslexic man sells soul to Santa--film at 11.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2003, 08:36:24 PM »
Since i got Metroid Prime, my PSX2 and GBA have been collecting dust in the corner. But since i got my GBA SP yesterday, even my Gamecube has been collecting dust! (only for one day though, im off to play Metroid Prime now ehehe)

Offline David G

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2003, 09:31:10 AM »
Right now it would be my computer. I seriously need to update my video card.  

Offline Army_F_body

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2003, 05:32:01 PM »
Now my PS2.  I bought it last november for GTA:Vice City, but since Zelda OoT and now WW, and Pokemon R/S for GBA are out its been collecting serious dust.  I try to force myself to play a round of GT 3 or GTA every now or then but havn't in the last 3 months or so.

Offline GoldShadow1

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2003, 12:53:24 PM »
Er... my GameBoy.  It barely works.  Otherwise, my GameCube.  Not because it doesn't have any games, but because I don't have any money for them.  If I could, I'd get Zelda, Splinter Cell, Skies of Arcadia, Animal Crossing and maybe Soul Calibur II.  

Lately, I've been playing my PC (Baldur's Gate II - awesome game), my N64 (Rayman 2), and even my SNES a little bit (LTTP).

Offline Mode 7

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2003, 02:34:05 PM »
Er, I think it's my GBA. My money's been going toward consoles and the PC in recent months. Just a lot of heavy-hitter titles.

My Playchoice 10 might be getting pretty dusty, but, you know.   ; D
Mode 7: The Filthy Mutie

"Clothes make the man; naked people have little or no affect on society." - Mark Twain

Offline Big_Pimp

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2003, 04:41:27 PM »
My PS2 and PC have been gathering dust lately, but mostly my PC, I only have 1 game for PS2: GTA3, I still play once in a while, but I dont have any games for my PC.