Author Topic: Fanboy mayhem?  (Read 2828 times)

Offline EL PARRo

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Fanboy mayhem?
« on: February 16, 2003, 11:58:39 AM »
   I think there should be a special category just for people to say anything they want about any console or video game. It might get ugly, but it sure would be fun.

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
Fanboy mayhem?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2003, 02:17:34 PM »
I have seen it in action.  It's ugly, and lame beyond belief.  Most of the people who know enough to not sound stupid while arguing, either decide to stand by and watch, or simply flame the idiots.  The idiots of course simply jump right in and start shouting about how much Celda sucks, or how much GTA is the best game of all time, or how much one or two of the good games on Xbox rule.  (Strangely enough, I find that it really IS almost impossible for a Microsoft fanboy to list their top 5 games)
http://www.planetgamecube.com/specials.cfm?action=profile&id=359

That said, I asked one very simple question to a few of these editors:  What are your five favorite Xbox games?  Funny thing is was, they all touted Halo as their favorite game, but then argued with each other with what else was good.  There never was a 4th or 5th game.  The food came, and then we never got back to the subject again.

The best quote from this site ever IMO.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline RickPowers

• IT Director
    Senior Editor
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Fanboy mayhem?
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2003, 03:08:37 PM »

I think there should be a special category just for people to say anything they want about any console or video game. It might get ugly, but it sure would be fun.

I think not.  
:: Rob "Rick Powers" Stevens
:: Senior Editor Emeritus
:: Personal Blog
:: Wii Number: 7294 0910 3012 6153

Offline EL PARRo

• View Profile
Fanboy mayhem?
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2003, 05:35:28 PM »
Now that I think about it, it probably is a bad idea.