Author Topic: SquareEnix Dates Crystal Chronicles Remaster Worldwide, Star Ocean Remake In Japan  (Read 1772 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it

I hear carrying a bucket is a great way to burn off those post-holiday pounds.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/51671/squareenix-dates-crystal-chronicles-remaster-worldwide-star-ocean-remake-in-japan

UPDATE 10 September: Star Ocean: First Departure R will release worldwide on December 5. Original story follows.

Ahead of this week's Tokyo Game Show, SquareEnix is giving some dates for upcoming Switch remakes.

The first to be announced was for the remastered version of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles. The multiplayer RPG will be available on January 23 worldwide. Cross-save and cross-play between the Switch, PlayStation 4, and newly announced mobile versions will also be available.

Prior to that, Star Ocean: First Departure R will release in Japan on the 5th of December. So far, this date is for Japan though a localization was announced for the remake of the 1996 Super Famicom title.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
So glad Crystal Chronicles finally has a date...but it is next year. Adored this game on the GC, played it a ton with two other people, but almost never together, so the most we got was three people at once. Stoked to play through it with a full team.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Update to the story: The Star Ocean date is now a worldwide release as well.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.