Author Topic: Dragon Quest X USB Memory Bundle Coming with Cap Download Code  (Read 1397 times)

Offline the_dan_x

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • Next Door Gamer

Square Enix is including a special code for those that purchase the bundle in Japan.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/30137

Square Enix will offer an special item code for a Momon cap to those that purchase the Wii version of Dragon Quest X bundle with the 16 GB USB flash drive. The bundle set will retail for 8,980 yen (around $113) while the stand alone version retails for 6,980 yen (roughly $87). Dragon Quest X requires at least a 16 GB USB memory stick to play the game.

Dragon Quest X launches on Thursday, August 2 in Japan for the Wii. There is currently no concrete information regarding the Wii U release or release dates for territories other than Japan.

Danny Bivens
Japan Correspondent
Nintendo World Report

Offline Chocobo_Rider

• Embrace the status quo.
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon Quest X USB Memory Bundle Coming With Cap Download Code
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 10:51:14 AM »
I probably read this somewhere before but, why does this game require a 16 GB memory stick to play??

The game itself won't even be 16 GB big!!

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon Quest X USB Memory Bundle Coming with Cap Download Code
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 12:43:51 PM »
I probably read this somewhere before but, why does this game require a 16 GB memory stick to play??

The game itself won't even be 16 GB big!!

You sure about that?
The disc could really just be compressed install.  Once you factor in updates and content additions.  I wouldn't be surprised if all the disc really does is redirect the Wii to use the USB drive.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Chocobo_Rider

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 02:16:13 PM »
hmm, ok.  I hadn't thought about that.  I suppose that could be it! Is that your hypothesis?

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 03:03:52 PM »
hmm, ok.  I hadn't thought about that.  I suppose that could be it! Is that your hypothesis?
Thats what I'm thinking knowing how many little tweaks WoW, Rift, SWTOR, etc. get beyond even patches.  There is no amount of testing that an MMO can have that when introduced to the public bashing on it at large won't reveal something that didn't work out as intended.  Just to large and complex.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Chocobo_Rider

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 04:30:37 PM »
Got it. Thanks!

Offline the_dan_x

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • Next Door Gamer
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 02:16:51 AM »
I haven't read anything specifically in English or Japanese clarifying what exactly the 16 GB will be used for, but what Ceric says makes perfect sense. Trust in him. Bow down if and when you must!
Danny Bivens
Japan Correspondent
Nintendo World Report