Author Topic: THQ Announces Nickelodeon Lineup  (Read 1560 times)

Offline Aussie Ben PGC

• BIG BAD BOOT!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
THQ Announces Nickelodeon Lineup
« on: April 07, 2004, 01:29:07 AM »
Thought that there couldn't possibly be any more Nick games coming?  Think again.

THQ AND NICKELODEON ANNOUNCE 2004 PRODUCT LINEUP FEATURING VIDEOGAMES BASED ON TOP-RATED KIDS' TV SHOWS AND MUCH-ANTICIPATED SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS THEATRICAL RELEASE

THQ Secures Nicktoons License Across Multiple Platforms

MELBOURNE, Vic. - April 6, 2004 - THQ Inc. (NASDAQ: THQI), the #1 kids' videogame publisher, and Nickelodeon, the #1 entertainment brand for kids, today announced their 2004 videogame lineup.  Games based on Nickelodeon's upcoming theatrical release "The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie" and interactive versions of Nickelodeon's highly rated television series "The Fairly OddParents(tm)" and "The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron Boy Genius(tm)" will ship for all major game systems in 2004.  Additionally, for the first time, THQ will release games based on the "Nicktoons" brand, in which all Nickelodeon characters co-exist and interact with each other.  

"The success of our 2003 Nickelodeon releases continues with SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom taking home the win for Best Videogame at Nickelodeon's Kids' Choice Awards this past weekend," said Eric Doctorow, Chief Operating Officer, THQ.  "We are excited about releasing the interactive version of this holiday's 'The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie,' as well as new games based on several other leading Nickelodeon properties including 'Nicktoons' in 2004."  

"THQ continues to create interactive experiences that truly capture the heart of Nickelodeon's content," said Steve Youngwood, Senior Vice President, Nickelodeon Media Products Group.  "We look forward to seeing the 2004 lineup develop and working as a team to deliver compelling games based on our top TV franchises and the upcoming SpongeBob feature film."

The 2004 THQ/Nickelodeon videogame lineup includes:

• The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie - Based on the highly anticipated SpongeBob movie, this platform adventure game is being developed by Heavy Iron Studios, also responsible for the critically acclaimed SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom, released in October 2003.  The SpongeBob character continues to hold the #1 Q-score rating for kids aged 6-14.  It is also one of the top rated programs for this age group and reaches a broad audience, with one quarter of viewers between the ages of 18-49.  Available for multiple platforms in fall 2004.
  • The Fairly OddParents(tm) (working title) - In this adventure based on the top-rated show for kids, the ex-monarchs of the Fairy World have created a devious plan to take over Dimmsdale.  By eliminating most of Cosmo and Wanda's wishing power, Timmy Turner is left to save the town by gathering enough wish stars and making inventive wishes.  As Timmy Turner, the player will have to combine zany strategy with help from the wacky Cosmo and Wanda to restore order.  Available for multiple platforms in fall 2004.
  • Nicktoons (working title) - For the first time ever, a true collaboration of popular Nickelodeon heroes and villains come together and cross over into multiple Nickelodeon cartoon environments, interacting with each other and working together to solve puzzles in this ultimate Nick gaming adventure.  Playable characters from the most popular Nickelodeon shows will include SpongeBob SquarePants, The Fairly OddParents, team Rocket Power, Jimmy Neutron and Tak.  Nicktoons will also mark the videogame debut of new Nickelodeon properties Danny Phantom and Rugrats All Grown Up. Available for Game Boy® Advance in fall 2004 and other platforms in 2005.  
  • The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron Boy Genius(tm): Attack of the Twonkies - Based on a television movie and a top-rated show for kids 6-11, this platform adventure game finds Jimmy returning from outer space - with an alien life-form stowaway.  The alien starts cuddly and cute, but quickly becomes a ferocious beast with a voracious appetite for destruction.  Once again Jimmy Neutron must use a revolutionary invention system to create some inspired gadgets to capture and contain the quickly multiplying alien attack.  Stuffed with exciting action and brain-twisting puzzles.  Available for multiple platforms in fall 2004.

• It's got a duck bill, you moron!

Watch Me Unnecessarily Flaunt My Games

Offline Aussie Ben PGC

• BIG BAD BOOT!
    • Score: 0
      • View Profile
    RE:THQ Announces Nickelodeon Lineup
    « Reply #1 on: April 07, 2004, 01:38:45 AM »
    That's all well and good, but where's Invader Zim? Oh, who am I kidding?
    It's got a duck bill, you moron!

Watch Me Unnecessarily Flaunt My Games

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
    • Score: 11
      • View Profile
    RE: THQ Announces Nickelodeon Lineup
    « Reply #2 on: April 07, 2004, 01:55:08 AM »
    ;___;  We all want Zim back!  Why must Nick make us suffer?!

pongeBob SquarePants, The Fairly OddParents, team Rocket Power, Jimmy Neutron and Tak.

Tak?

.................And sponge-bob's making a theatricle release?   That's news to me.  
    kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
    • Score: 82
      • View Profile
      • FACEBOOK!
    RE:THQ Announces Nickelodeon Lineup
    « Reply #3 on: April 07, 2004, 04:16:38 PM »
    I personally think that Sponge Bob is getting way to out of control and I personally hate the fact that Nickelodeon is even making videogames.
    TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.