Author Topic: Tales of Game Cubes, Component Cables, Customer Service, Uncle Bob and money.  (Read 2335 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Well, as we all know, GCN Component cables are rather hard to come by.

About a 10 months or so ago, as some of you know, I moved and bought a big ol' fancy new TV - and with such, decided I wanted a set of Component Cables for my Cube.  Now, this doesn't make any sense, as I have a Wii and have Component Cables for it.  But, that's just how I roll.

Anywhoo, so I wanted some Component Cables.  But Nintendo didn't sell them anymore and they were too expensive on eBay... So, I did what anyone would do... I wrote a sad and depressing e-mail to Nintendo's customer service:

"Anywhoo, I really, really, really *need* some GameCube component cables and I don't want to pay the $70+ they're going for on eBay right now.  I've checked the website and have called in many times with no luck (not that I was really expecting any...), so I'm stuck asking - no, begging - someone, anyone to hook me up with a set.  I'm willing to pay the original full price - even if it's a used set.  I know in one of the many offices, there's a set lying around just waiting for a loving and caring home."

Believe it or not... that actually worked!  A couple of days after sending in that pathetic e-mail, I got a phone call (mind you, my phone number wasn't in the e-mail - Nintendo is stalking me!) and they were hooking me up with a set ($45 after shipping, I believe).  So, yay!  Game Boy Player in Progressive Scan!

Now, fast forward to yesterday.  I walk into GameStop and what do I see?  A set of used GCN Component Cables for $4.99.

I got gypped!

Naw, I'm still thrilled, because now I got a second set of cables to go with my second Broadband Adapter and my second GameBoy Player.

Now, if only I had a second GameCube.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Hehehe. Your weird. At least you didn't give any money to GAMESTOP. Mumamhahaha.

Still, what did you expect, get one for free?
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Wait... I did give money to GameStop... $5....
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
Don't you have a Wii? That's two Gamecubes right there! Just remove the duct tape.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Wii doesn't have a spot for a GameBoy Player or Broadband Adapter.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Were the GameStop ones first party or MadCatz?
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline UniversalJuan

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Couldn't help but be first party. To this day I've never seen or heard of a third-party Cube component cable that actually was released into the wild.
They gave a war, nobody came, imagine all the fuss. They'd have to send themselves instead of...sending us. Yeah (People of the Generation - by Scatman John)

Originally posted by: Luigi Dude
The greatest game of all time is Super Smash Bros Brawl.  It

Offline Nemo

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • Game Sprite Archives
I could get $75 for my GameCube Component cables on eBay?
-the Game Sprite Archives-
http://www.gsarchives.net

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video

Originally posted by: UniversalJuan
Couldn't help but be first party. To this day I've never seen or heard of a third-party Cube component cable that actually was released into the wild.

More evidence of Nintendo sucking and maintaining their "first to lose" attitude.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.