Author Topic: Bayonetta 2 Out Later This Year  (Read 5427 times)

Offline Br26

• OH REALLY
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Bayonetta 2 Out Later This Year
« on: February 13, 2014, 05:49:59 PM »

A new trailer showed off the game and confirmed a summer release in Japan, as well as 2014 windows in other regions.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/36571

Bayonetta 2 Out Later this YearTrailer shown in today's Nintendo Direct

Bayonetta 2 will be out this summer in Japan and later in 2014 in North America and Europe.

A new trailer was shown at the end of today's Nintendo Direct highlighted in-game action sequences. Nintendo President Satoru Iwata noted that she will hold guns on both her hands as well as her legs. He also detailed Witch Time mode, as well as the Umbram Climax mode, which unleashes a flurry of energy when initiated.

Offline magicpixie

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
Re: Bayonetta 2 Out Later This Year
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 06:23:13 PM »
Oh man, this game...

Short hair Bayonetta is based Bayonetta.

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPixâ„¢
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 06:33:50 PM »
Specific!
Gouge away.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 06:35:24 PM »
This looks good. Thinking maybe fall release?
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2014, 07:18:52 PM »
Nintendo President Satoru Iwata noted that she will hold guns on both her hands as well as her legs
Sorry to nitpick, but that's how she's always been.

With Jeanne's soul seemingly stuck in Hell i am guessing we have this kid as a second playable character. I am guessing this kid is to blame for shift in musical tone in the game because we now apparently have rap song for main theme instead of "Fly me to the Moon".

Gameplay-wise, looks amazing as always. Umbran Climax system looks interesting though i wonder how useful it is exactly considering each hit eats up your magic gauge like nothing. On the other hand each of these hits destroys two-three enemies at once across entire field, so that you may be able to clear out entire field before your magic runs out and you're majorly stunted.

Nice to see Madame Butterfly in full in the game, finally. Boss fight where you are switching from regular fight to huge demons fighting looks amazing. Reusing same boss from first game (angel with two dragon heads and baby face) is slightly disappointing, but i am guessing they just wanted to avoid spoilers.

Dig Luka's and Enzo's new look.

I remember that they announced co-op mode last year and hopefully that's still in place, even though they didn't mention it today.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline ymeegod

• Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2014, 09:43:21 PM »
Yeah, I'm expecting an Sept release date.  Releasing games in the summer generally don't sell as hot but I can't imagine it going any later than that since SSB will be releasing oct/nov.

Offline ymeegod

• Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2014, 09:51:04 PM »
They announced an 2-player mode, they didn't state co-op exactly.  It could be anything at this point. 

Offline geckog7

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2014, 09:59:53 PM »
I have decided to support this game day one.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2014, 10:02:52 PM »
I have decided not to support this game because of its uninformed theology.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2014, 10:21:02 PM »
I'm buying two copies to make up for that guy -----^
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2014, 10:29:07 PM »
I'm going to convince somebody to wait and buy it used, just tip the balance back in my favor.

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2014, 10:54:17 PM »
Speaking of theology, it's kinda disappointing to hear that the true god and creator of the universe is someone else and not character from Bayo 1. It was so satisfying killing that bitch.

Offline magicpixie

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2014, 11:17:52 PM »

Offline LudicrousDa3ve

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2014, 09:35:36 AM »
The hype is real.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2014, 09:47:43 AM »
Okay I'm not really a stickler about frames per second, but that 60fps looks good. Dang good.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2014, 10:01:54 AM »
Can one of you Bayonetta afficionados elaborate on what makes the original great, and if the T&A aspect is overblown in these trailers? 

If the gameplay is as engaging as Metal Gear Rising, then I'm interested, but the appearance that they're pushing the T&A part of the game is kind of offputting to me.

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2014, 01:12:35 PM »
Can one of you Bayonetta afficionados elaborate on what makes the original great, and if the T&A aspect is overblown in these trailers? 

If the gameplay is as engaging as Metal Gear Rising, then I'm interested, but the appearance that they're pushing the T&A part of the game is kind of offputting to me.
Bayo was considered to be the pinnacle of character action game genre.

Why? Because it's best.

In which aspects was it best?

In all of them.

I didn't play MGR myself but it's considered to be a lesser game compared to Kamiya's games, too short and undercooked.

The good parts of Bayo are exhilarating sense of power, full control of the battlefield, extremely satisfying gameplay, beyond mindblowing setpieces, action that makes P. Jackson and Spielberg jealous, great orchestral blood pounding music, content stretched over 100 hours of gameplay, introducing new mechanics that keep enriching basic gameplay and turning it on it's head every dozen hours and so and on.

As to visual style... As someone once said "i'm done explaining myself". You need to take it in full or pass through knowingly robbing yourself of experiencing videogame masterpiece. Can't handle the difficultuy/sexiness/visuals? I am very, very sorry for you.

See one of my previous essays where i write about Bayo 1 and compare it to an even more grandiose game.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2014, 01:27:24 PM »

Bayo was considered to be the pinnacle of character action game genre.

Why? Because it's best.

In which aspects was it best?

In all of them.

I didn't play MGR myself but it's considered to be a lesser game compared to Kamiya's games, too short and undercooked.

The good parts of Bayo are exhilarating sense of power, full control of the battlefield, extremely satisfying gameplay, beyond mindblowing setpieces, action that makes P. Jackson and Spielberg jealous, great orchestral blood pounding music, content stretched over 100 hours of gameplay, introducing new mechanics that keep enriching basic gameplay and turning it on it's head every dozen hours and so and on.

As to visual style... As someone once said "i'm done explaining myself". You need to take it in full or pass through knowingly robbing yourself of experiencing videogame masterpiece. Can't handle the difficultuy/sexiness/visuals? I am very, very sorry for you.

See one of my previous essays where i write about Bayo 1 and compare it to an even more grandiose game.

Azeke, appreciate the reply.  From a gameplay standpoint, it seems right up my alley. 

From an astetics standpoint, please don't misundertsand me - I don't care what others things in terms of the media I consume, it just reminds me of DOA Beach Volleyball levels of gratuitus sexuality, which is a bit over-the-top/obscene for my general tastes. 

That said, I think it sounds like I owe myself to at least check-out a few more gameplay videos of Bayonetta 1 and possibly a purchase before I dismiss it for the visual aspect.

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2014, 02:07:56 PM »
I own Vanquish and W101 so I know what to expect from the gameplay but I have 2 questions for those in the know:

Does this game look that much better (graphically) than Bayonetta 1?

Is this game as "demonic" as it looks? I didn't play 1 so not really sure. As awesome as the games combat will be, I'm not sure about story wise. For reference, the shonen jump manga stuff and anime Demons and Angels stuff does not bother me. However considering how over-the-top  Platinum Games can be…

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2014, 02:33:10 PM »
Does this game look that much better (graphically) than Bayonetta 1?
Bayo 2 definitely looks cleaner than first game. Graphical style is very "busy" in both games as per chosen artstyle. In some moments it gets hard to discern what's exactly going on in 360 version.

Is this game as "demonic" as it looks? I didn't play 1 so not really sure. As awesome as the games combat will be, I'm not sure about story wise. For reference, the shonen jump manga stuff and anime Demons and Angels stuff does not bother me. However considering how over-the-top  Platinum Games can be…
In terms of violence? Well, it's not Saw or Mortal Kombat 9 (those fatalities, ugh), that's for sure. Though one of the aspect of Bayo is her sadism towards angels and you have things like torture attacks where you put angels into guillotines and iron maidens as finishers.

Angels themselves can get very disturbing looking especially when you start picking them apart (literally), but it's slants more to the side or weird/awesome not weird/disgusting/creepy like say penis on wheels monster from some other series.

The way you finish some of the angel bosses is cringeworthy at times. Like this previously magnificent heaven creature is laying on the ground missing body parts you just hacked off, it's bleeding from everywhere and as it's taken to hell by million hands it starts singing glory to the god of this universe with a creepy baby voice.

That kind of stuff.