Author Topic: Official Club Nintendo Thread  (Read 501243 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Re: Official Club Nintendo Thread
« Reply #1375 on: July 06, 2012, 12:19:56 AM »
In my case, they were telling me at first that I couldn't register the same game on multiple accounts under the same family account.

I objected, because I seriously thought that was the whole POINT of having family accounts.

They finally relented, except that my additional accounts (two) were each registered with my own info (birthday, etc.) - they said that I needed to have actual family members listed.

What irks me the most is that there are folks who cheat the system, buy/sell/trade codes, steal them from GameStop/Rental stores, etc.,etc.  There was even a douche on CAG who was talking about buying a 3DS, registering it, then returning it just so he could get platinum this year.  There are other folks who set up many, many non-family accounts so they can score tons of the platinum prizes each year.

Meanwhile, I legitimately purchase tons of stuff and don't cheat the system... and I get the kabosh because I write in regarding coins I got gypped out of?

What happened - apparently the new coin values didn't switch over immediately (wish I had known that on July 1st when I registered a crap ton of stuff!).  Not a huge problem, but I registered 11 3DS titles that went from 30 coins to 40 coins.. but only got the 30 coin value for them.  So, I wrote in asking for my 110 coins.

Whoops. :(
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: July 06, 2012, 12:43:23 AM »
You're an honest man Unclebob.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Drizzt

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: July 06, 2012, 05:50:46 PM »
You can redeem your gold and platinum rewards now.

Offline bam1991dbz

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: July 14, 2012, 01:55:58 PM »
Hi everyone!

I was wondering if someone would like to sell me their Platinum reward for this year. I would like to make this transaction through PayPal. Please PM me if you are interested!

Thanks!

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: July 19, 2012, 02:14:18 PM »
Picked up Starship Defense for 150 coins. I really recommend it to anyone who's a Tower Defense fan. It's surprisingly meaty and pretty well balanced.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1380 on: July 19, 2012, 11:09:41 PM »
It is a great game with a fun twist to the TD formula. I've had it for a long while and recently returned to it. This time I may beat the game. Certainly am getting a lot more perfects.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline noname2200

• View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: July 20, 2012, 01:04:42 PM »
It is a great game with a fun twist to the TD formula. I've had it for a long while and recently returned to it. This time I may beat the game. Certainly am getting a lot more perfects.

Any tips for getting a No-SOS Perfect on level 8? The last wave always has one stealthed enemy slip by me with a sliver of health.  :@

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: July 20, 2012, 02:32:30 PM »
Any tips for getting a No-SOS Perfect on level 8? The last wave always has one stealthed enemy slip by me with a sliver of health.  :@

Tips, or the solution?

Tips: Lots of Gatlings during the level and Mines in the final round.

Solution:
Items - Suggest Speed Ups on mines and Graviguns when possible.  Power Ups when using a random item.  Power your Ghost Lasers first.
Wave 1: Plug two Ghost lasers on the middle of each side.
Wave 2: Buy the 1st eBoost, buy a Gatling on the right side somewhere.
Wave 3: Buy the 2nd eBoost.
Wave 4: Gatling on the left side.
Wave 5: Gatling on left and right sides.
Wave 6: Buy Gravigun - put on right side. Power up ASAP.
Wave 7: Gravigun on left side, Gatlings on both top slots.
Wave 8: Nothing.
Wave 9: Destroy the Gatlings on the top two slots.  Buy Mines, put two mines on top.
Wave 10: Nothing.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 02:38:07 PM by UncleBob »
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline noname2200

• View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: July 20, 2012, 02:49:31 PM »

Tips, or the solution?

Tips: Lots of Gatlings during the level and Mines in the final round.

Solution:
Items - Suggest Speed Ups on mines and Graviguns when possible.  Power Ups when using a random item.  Power your Ghost Lasers first.
Wave 1: Plug two Ghost lasers on the middle of each side.
Wave 2: Buy the 1st eBoost, buy a Gatling on the right side somewhere.
Wave 3: Buy the 2nd eBoost.
Wave 4: Gatling on the left side.
Wave 5: Gatling on left and right sides.
Wave 6: Buy Gravigun - put on right side. Power up ASAP.
Wave 7: Gravigun on left side, Gatlings on both top slots.
Wave 8: Nothing.
Wave 9: Destroy the Gatlings on the top two slots.  Buy Mines, put two mines on top.
Wave 10: Nothing.

You are a gentleman and a scholar, good sir!

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: July 20, 2012, 02:56:16 PM »
I spent a lot of time playing this game.  Not enough, though, as I did have to go back and replay the level... but I did perfect it my first time trying to get you the solution. :D

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: July 24, 2012, 07:15:43 PM »
Hey guys I made Gold status, Which reward is really worth it? I'm a lil tired of calendars. Majora's Mask looks appealing, even though I own the original for N64, Super Mario Kart doesn't really interest me. Metroid II looks interesting, never played it, as I never owned a Gameboy. So I'm at a crossroad of Majora's Mask vs. Meteroid II.

Metroid II being $4 vaule while MM being $10.

Also, I have 2 Wii's, one of which I gave to my Best Friend, who I live with, I have several VC and Wii games on it.

What I want to know, will those be transferable to the Wii U? Both Wii's are tied to My club nintendo account, so if I get MM for my wii, will it be transferable? Not sure how it works when one own's multiple wii's with DL titles.

Seriously now, MM vs. Metroid II? Got till Aug. 6th

Appreciate any help guys.

Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: July 24, 2012, 07:26:27 PM »
Hey guys I made Gold status, Which reward is really worth it? I'm a lil tired of calendars. Majora's Mask looks appealing, even though I own the original for N64, Super Mario Kart doesn't really interest me. Metroid II looks interesting, never played it, as I never owned a Gameboy. So I'm at a crossroad of Majora's Mask vs. Meteroid II.

Also, I have 2 Wii's, one of which I gave to my Best Friend, who I live with, I have several VC and Wii games on it.

What I want to know, will those be transferable to the Wii U? Both Wii's are tied to My club nintendo account, so if I get MM for my wii, will it be transferable? Not sure how it works when one own's multiple wii's with DL titles.

Well, for one thing, it does look like Nintendo will offer an option to transfer Wii virtual console purchases to the Wii U.  I'm doubtful that they'd let you transfer titles from two separate Wiis though (just based on my experience with the 3DS-to-3DS transfer tool.

You own the original Majora's Mask?  Unless you want a backup or have concerns of too many consoles attached to your television, I suggest you get Metroid II.

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: July 24, 2012, 07:40:24 PM »

Well, for one thing, it does look like Nintendo will offer an option to transfer Wii virtual console purchases to the Wii U.  I'm doubtful that they'd let you transfer titles from two separate Wiis though (just based on my experience with the 3DS-to-3DS transfer tool.

You own the original Majora's Mask?  Unless you want a backup or have concerns of too many consoles attached to your television, I suggest you get Metroid II.

Indeed I do, Holographic and all : )

I do hope they do a remake or a Sequel to AlttP, that game never get's old :) I still own the original Snes Game and VC.

Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res

Offline noname2200

• View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: July 25, 2012, 12:16:10 AM »

Majora's on the Wii was much less blurry and more big-screen-friendly than the N64 version, and being able to play it wirelessly is a big bonus in my book. It doesn't hurt that it's one of my favoritest games ever. By contrast, I love the Metroid series, but II is a (relatively) weak entry, in my opinion. Did you listen to the game's Retroactive? It has enough details to give you an idea of what you're in for.

I'd go with Majora's Mask myself.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: August 02, 2012, 12:27:33 PM »
All the options are 'meh' for me. I own all of those VC games and the non-game items are even more 'meh'.

Got a few more days to decide, I may go with the playing cards. Unless someone really wants one of the platinum items and will pay me for it. PM me if you are interested.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: August 02, 2012, 02:59:07 PM »
All the options are 'meh' for me. I own all of those VC games and the non-game items are even more 'meh'.

Got a few more days to decide, I may go with the playing cards. Unless someone really wants one of the platinum items and will pay me for it. PM me if you are interested.

You should PM this guy:bam1991dbz
NNID: ejamer

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: August 06, 2012, 05:12:28 PM »
Fluidity (WiiWare) is back as a Club Nintendo reward. For a measly 150 points you can get one of the coolest original games on Wii. Very highly recommended for anyone who missed out the first time.

Offline noname2200

• View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: August 06, 2012, 06:29:41 PM »
It's actually a *bit* good to hear that some rewards cycle, since I missed out on Dr. Mario xPress.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: August 06, 2012, 08:15:18 PM »
It's actually a *bit* good to hear that some rewards cycle, since I missed out on Dr. Mario xPress.

As long as the games are good, I have no problem seeing them get recycled. Lots of people missed out on Fluidity - even if it was "given away" once before - but it's a really impressive game that offers a ton of interesting play. Trading 150 points for a game that is normally $15 $12 is a pretty good deal too.

When Urban Champion 3D Classics gets recycled on Club Nintendo I'll be less enthused.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 08:35:15 AM by ejamer »

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #1394 on: August 07, 2012, 11:13:08 PM »
Fluidity is an excellent game. I spent a long time with it, but I was never able to beat it. Some of the later puzzles are really challenging.
I just noticed that the Hanafuda Cards are not on the rewards page. I hope they come back, I was saving up for them. Anyone hear anything about this?

Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1395 on: August 09, 2012, 05:30:07 PM »
Must... enter... more surveys... get enough coins for a... second golden nunchuk!!!!

Edit: I registered Pokepark Wii and XenoBlade. That put me over the top and I ordered TWO of these babies. You are now all allowed to hate my guts.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 06:06:43 PM by Kairon »

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: August 09, 2012, 07:45:35 PM »
Must... enter... more surveys... get enough coins for a... second golden nunchuk!!!!

Edit: I registered Pokepark Wii and XenoBlade. That put me over the top and I ordered TWO of these babies. You are now all allowed to hate my guts.
How much do you want for the second one? :P

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: August 09, 2012, 09:06:14 PM »

How much do you want for the second one? :P

I... I... if you think about each Club Nintendo coin as the equivalent of 1 dollar spending, I spent $900 for that golden nunchuk... @_@ I'm having a hard time thinking of a good reason for me to part with it, sorry...

BTW, I think that we should get Club Nintendo points for subscribing to Nintendo Power...

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #1398 on: August 09, 2012, 09:15:58 PM »
BTW, I think that we should get Club Nintendo points for subscribing to Nintendo Power...

If Nintendo still ran NP, I'd bet we would.

As it is, I'll pass the idea on to an editor that follows me on the Twitters and see if that gets us anywhere.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: August 09, 2012, 11:25:27 PM »
You are now all allowed to hate my guts.

Whomever hates you has to be one twisted fella.