Author Topic: Nintendo to drop consoles and go handheld only?  (Read 6423 times)

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
Nintendo to drop consoles and go handheld only?
« on: September 20, 2003, 05:34:20 PM »
According to http://www.fatbabies.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=4100 this guy, claims that

On the 15th of November, Nintendo will discontinue it's Gamecube and then shrink the machine down to a portable size to compete with the PSP.

There shall not be another home Nintendo format in the forseeable future, the N5 was in development but R&D has been suspended.

Huge BS? I think so... however i cant help but worry that their is some truth to all this...

Nintendo better not drop their home console line... i think this a load of crap though. Nintendo would not stop making home consoles. Didn't Iwata say that when they are out of the home console business they will stop making games all together? (meaning their never going to drop their consoles)...

HMMMMMM!!!

Actually its a big load of crap... how does this guy know all this when some the head honchos at NOA dont.

*insert roll eyes here*  

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE:Nintendo to drop consoles and go handheld only?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2003, 05:37:38 PM »
It's BS...How do I know?  The guys at Gaming Ages did a little checkup on the guy, and he's bs'd before...

"he reported Sega was going to discontinue it's games on XBox, and that Final Fantasy XI was coming exclusively to XBox."

~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Nintendo to drop consoles and go handheld only? cr
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2003, 05:43:26 PM »
FatBabies.com is a completely reliable source!  When they registered the domain, I warned them that it sounded stupid, but they wouldn't listen.  Regardless, I can vouch for the honesty of anyone from that domain.  They may be AWOL for 2 months, but they have all the news that's fit to print, and they would never just make something up.  Their site is so honorable, that nobody in the message board lies either.  I for one, believe that this news is 100% completely true.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
RE: Nintendo to drop consoles and go handheld only? cr
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2003, 05:46:14 PM »
Ahaha yeah, i just saw that too, Bill. Nevermind then

Offline akdaman1

• the forum idiot
    • View Profile
RE:Nintendo to drop consoles and go handheld only? cr
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2003, 06:25:40 PM »
biggest load of c`@p. this guy probaly never got any anttention from his mummy and daddy and is now tryin to get ours

lol
"We ride together, We die together, Bad boys 4 life....

NOW CAN YOU DIG DAT SUCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKAAAA

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2003, 06:44:18 PM »
What kind of website domain is "fatbabies.com"?

All well, for all who need more assurance, refer to my sig.
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St

Offline akdaman1

• the forum idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2003, 06:51:11 PM »
biggest load of c`@p. this guy probaly never got any anttention from his mummy and daddy and is now tryin to get ours

lol

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2003, 06:56:25 PM »
Thanks akdaman...you beat my 13 minute double post record by having a 26 minute one...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Matt

• View Profile
RE: Nintendo to drop consoles and go handheld only?
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2003, 07:19:09 PM »
This is a load of lies and garbage.

Nintendo is working on a new console, it is dubbed N5.
Matt
Contact Info in Profile

Offline AgentSeven

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2003, 07:21:33 PM »
I can't believe that someone would post crap like this.  How many times have we been over the FACT that right now, Nintendo is making lots of money.  Even if they are in second place.  Truthfully they make more off  of games than anyone else.  (GBA sales, GBC, GC, N64, SNES, etc...)

Everyone should harrass the dumba$$ who wrote this article.  It's nothing more that corporate spin and fan-boy delusions.

Oh how I wait patiently for the next 5 years to go by.  Things will be so different by then.  I think everyone will be suprised.  Nintendo will be one of the few survivors of the the next video game crash.  I don't think I can say the same for some of the competition.  In the end, I feel this is why articles like this are written.  The competition is scared.  No one stays on top forever.  $ony's on it's way out and Microsoft has lost almost 3 Billion with further loses to come.

Truthfully, I shouldn't have responded to this BS thread.  All it does is to help spread these lies.  Thanks Mario, for posting this trash.  ( a sarcassam detector, oh that's a real usefull invention.)
"I am not a number, I am a free man"    "$ony=Atari Circa 1984"

Got a Defective ps2?  Go here: http://www.sheller.com/sonyPS2classaction.html

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2003, 07:33:05 PM »
I used to read fatbabies all the time. SOMETIMES you could get really good secret information, but other times just BS. Take what you read with lots of salt, or something.

For those who don't know, fatbabies is the site where game industry dudes violate NDAs and say whatever they want anonymously. Lots of room for BS and lies, but like I said, there's cool and good info sometimes. Look back through some archives and see if you can find an awesome article they did comparing company's employee benefits. That was verrrrrrry interesting...

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2003, 07:46:23 PM »
When reading their forums, disregard anything posted by Sparky/Eiger Drover (evidence supports that they are the same person).  Eiger will kill your 56k connection with gigantinc Screenshots of Xbox games that may or may not have been taken on the Xbox (800 resolution), and Sparky will pist a paraphrase of EGM magazines, changing the scores by lowering the GameCube and PS2 games while raising the Xbox  games in a brash and brave attempt to be the biggest fanboy ever.  Oh, and they both/he think(s) Japan doesn't matter when it comes to video games.  
It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2003, 08:22:05 PM »
I hope you were bein sarcastic gray ninja becuase I dont see how anything that site mentions to be 100 percent fact as you say without hearin an announcement from the direct company, whereas it be nintendo or anyone else.  You can vouch for them all you want and actually believe in this but the fact you say that this could be 100 perctent fact is unwarranted and has no real facts to back the statement up.  The story to begin with is to an extreme and riddled with holes to even be taken seriously.  But anyways, I'm still guessin that you were just bein sarcastic.

Offline nemo_83

• Dream Master
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2003, 08:42:19 PM »
Nintendo leaving console market or joining with one of the other two.  Is this just an omen to the death of the console market.  PSP could not compete with a portable GB^3.  Will PSP play all PS0 games or will it use mini disk.  Is Sony banking on PS0 ports.  Is Nintendo planning more ports from PS0 like FF7.  If Nintendo plans on taking the system on the road then it should definetly use wireless connection between consoles and the ability to hook it directly to the tv.  Cell phone technology is the dvd technology of the the handheld market.  Multifunctionality of a portable game system would burry all the cell phone game systems and the PSP.  The screen should be small but wide and use an ellastic band to hold it on the head so the screen seems bigger.  
Life is like a hurricane-- here in Duckburg

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2003, 10:07:41 PM »
Manny: That is so exaggerated noone should doubt it's sarcasm. Such highly exaggerated posts ALWAYS are.

Offline AgentSeven

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2003, 11:44:58 PM »
First, he site that this "info" came from has NO rep.  None.  It has a handful of users and it hasn't been around all that long.  You'd be a fool to believe any of the garbage posted there.

Also does anyone think that someone working for Nintendo would break an NDA to chat online with loners and fanboys?  Seriously.  Also, all the best secrets are kept in Japan. No one is going to jeapordise a well paying and difficult to aquire job just to brag online.  I love how the idiot who wrote this so-called "insider info" started his LIE off by saying that he was "violating an NDA."  What a laugh!  (The author should have started with some trutfull, personal information like "I'm a 45 year old virgin who lives with his mom."  Or the classic "I hate all other systems because I own only one."  Or the best yet "I'm a loser who spends 24 hours a day online spreading lies to dumb people.")

Still, no true Nintendo fan should have even responded to this BS in the first place.  I still don't know why I replied to this thread.  Maybe because it just pissed me off that anyone could be so ignorant.

Or maybe I was just angry that a person who calls themself a Nintendo fan would bring this garbage to this forum.  Seriously.  Flame me all you wish, but this whole thread is trash.

I've said enough.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2003, 12:10:57 AM »
mmkay we have established its BS, no need to rant on about it.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2003, 12:32:46 AM »
AgentSeven what are you talking about? Why do you bring insults and fanboy accusations to this thread? What the hell is going on? Not one person in this thread believes it, it's BS for gods sake. Why are you taking this personally?

And what part of

Huge BS? I think so

i think this a load of crap though

its a big load of crap

*insert roll eyes here*

dont you understand?

Thank you S-U-P-E-R and Deguello for the rational, informative responses.

Offline AgentSeven

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2003, 12:43:43 AM »
I'm just curious as to why any rational person would post this here in the first place?

I do go on a bit.  I can't live without passion, but seriously, you are the one who started this waste of space, aren't you?  Like I said, why would a fan bother posting something like this in the first place?

This thread should never have been started.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2003, 01:05:13 AM »
then why are you continueing it? say your piece then let it die, no need to pants on and make the thread stand out more. yes what was posted is bs, no mario isn't a nintendo hater, end of story?

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2003, 01:05:53 AM »

Originally posted by: Mario
Nevermind then

Offline akdaman1

• the forum idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2003, 01:06:37 AM »
agent 007 , steven watever. calm down and let us just have some fun teasing the loser who posted that topic.

sorry bill , i have no idea how i got that double post(i was offline)

Offline akdaman1

• the forum idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2003, 01:09:58 AM »
agent 007 , steven watever. calm down and let us just have some fun teasing the loser who posted that topic.

sorry bill , i have no idea how i got that double post(i was offline)

Offline akdaman1

• the forum idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2003, 01:14:46 AM »
jesus christ...sorry bout double post(again).

ps. my comuters been all bleh so forgive

Offline Cap

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2003, 12:29:34 PM »
well, i do believe that there is a portable gamecube coming, but the rest sounds like bs to me.