Author Topic: Login help?  (Read 10850 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Login help?
« on: October 25, 2013, 04:44:39 PM »
So I forgot my password. But the site will not let me get a new password. I get server timeout errors and maxed out login attempt errors. Can anyone help me with this? I can only access the site from my work computer because it is cached there. Or is that part of the problem?

I am going to try and do a password reset on the work computer. Can a mod contact me about this issue? I fear logging out will block me permanently.

~
And...I can't log out. Should I clear cookies? I'm using Chrome.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Re: Login help?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 04:55:17 PM »
I had a similar thread to this before.  The site is majorly borked when it comes to log in and log out.  I haven't been able to log into the site from my cell for quite a while.

With that said, I can change your password to whatever you want.  Send me a PM with what you want it changed to and I can do it.

However, I'll then have your password and access to your account... and if your issue is related to my issue, you won't be able to change your password.

Because the site is majorly borked.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 05:27:02 PM »
No. Send me your password and let me change it for you. I'll do it.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 05:29:32 PM »
umm...should I trust either of you?
My Game Collection

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 06:29:29 PM »
You can always trust me......

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2013, 06:38:01 PM »
Well, Unclebob hasn't gotten back to me yet so I will try with you with a different password. I know you wouldn't get me locked out because it would hurt your Mafia...wait a second...you would just use my account as a second vote. I see your plan ;)
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2013, 08:12:05 PM »
Don't trust these morons, let me handle this.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2013, 10:50:04 PM »
Don't trust these morons, let me handle this.
:'( :'( :'(
Actually, to my surprise, he did trust me to change it. But his main problem is, he can't remember what his old password is. So, without that, there's nothing I can do. Poor Stratos thought I had mod powers from the Mafia Forum to do so but those mod powers are limited and can not do anything to affect other users like that. I thought I could at least try and log in as him and do a password change but without the old one, I can't do anything and not sure what else you can do either.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2013, 12:26:26 AM »
As a moderator, I can change other people's passwords at will. :D

Stratos - your password has been changed as requested.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2013, 11:15:59 AM »
So I came into work this morning and it had logged me out. But I couldn't log in with my new password. I then deleted all of the cookies and that fixed things up so I can now log in with the new password. Thanks for your help UncleBob.

And no, Khush, the password I gave you is different from the one I gave UB so don't try it ;)
My Game Collection

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2013, 04:42:04 PM »
Awww. Don't you trust me?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2013, 05:12:56 PM »
If we were playing Civ, I would not allow open borders with you.
My Game Collection

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2013, 05:45:20 PM »
Is that some kind of kinky sex innuendo?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2013, 06:42:24 PM »

I'm in your borders...spying on your prime ministers. ;)
My Game Collection

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2013, 09:30:21 PM »

Maybe in your own NWR fan fiction but please keep your perversions to yourself.

If we were playing Civ, I would not allow open borders with you.

That's not a good idea. In Civ, I'm a builder. I like to make my little nation and don't really war monger that much. If nations give me open borders, it's great so that I can keep track of what is going on and explore to other lands. If they don't open borders and block me, I'm more likely to attack them and take over their land so that I can get through and keep an eye on other nations. Moral of the story, you're only hurting yourself by not letting me act the part of Big Brother.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2013, 09:43:20 PM »
If I don't give you open borders it means I view you as an immediate target or want to keep you from colonizing in land that I have already 'claimed'.

Man, now I wanna play Civ. Do you have the Brave New World expansion Khush? I'm waiting for a price drop but I have all of the previous content.
My Game Collection

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2013, 10:20:08 PM »
No. I don't even have the Gods & Kings expansion pack despite it having my favorite civilization which is the Byzantine Empire. I bought Civ 5 pretty much when it came out but I never even finished the first game I started playing in it. I've sadly fallen behind in the series.

High point for me would be Civ 3. That was at a time when I did not have the spare capital I do now to blow on games so only owning a small selection of games, I had beaten them all. But with Civilization and all the different things you could do and encounter in it, I played it a lot along with all the expansions. I loved the Conquests scenarios for Civ 3. Especially the World War 2 Pacific theater.

With Civ 4, it took me awhile to come around to it. It didn't help that the computer I had wasn't the most powerful to run it either. But when I finally got a new computer and started playing it at about the same time the first expansion came out for it, I finally got to understand it more and really liked it. By the time, the second expansion came out for it, I played a couple games but it was at that point my gaming interest was waning and I just fell out of it along with console gaming.

I always thought it ironic that the Wii was meant to increase gaming and bring back lapsed gamers but it almost caused me to give up gaming. But I moved out on my own and suddenly having the TV to myself, I could start watching whatever I wanted and became a real movie fanatic not to mention catching up and watching a whole bunch of different shows. Even now, I still probably watch an average of 20 movies a month but there are times where I need a break from cinema and it probably dips below that. On the TV side, I've definitely slowed down. There's very few shows on the air I watch regularly. About 7 right now. I've lost interest in sports for the most part and don't really watch any games anymore. There's not a lot of TV shows I really feel the need to check out. At this point, Damages, The Wire and potentially Person of Interest are the only shows I might start watching as well.

Still for the past year, I've told myself that if I'm not going to start playing this stuff, then maybe it is time to sell it. So, for the past year, I've started making more of an effort to play through my library. Sometimes I seem to make good progress and sometimes I lapse. I want to see if I can keep with the current systems and chip away from the previous generation a bit. If I can't, then I either need to stop buying or give it up. So, we'll see how I'm doing. If I do give it up, one of the few things I might keep would be Civilization though. With the amount of time that can be spent on it, I'd finally be free to do so again.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2013, 10:51:51 PM »

Maybe in your own NWR fan fiction but please keep your perversions to yourself.

Is that like Tina Belcher's Friend Fiction? :D

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2013, 01:53:41 AM »
I had to look that up but yes.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2013, 02:11:30 AM »
If you don't get a Bob's Burgers reference, then you're dead to me.  Bob's Burgers is one of the greatest things on TV. :D

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2013, 08:25:42 PM »
I have a lot of memories of Civ 3. There was a strong feeling of mystery and wonder that I have not felt in later Civ titles. But the graphical style of Civ4 grew on me and I think their art style is my favorite. Pirates, Railroads and the Civ4 series are all pleasant.

I understand the TV addiction. I've made a conscious effort to curtail my TV viewing because I found it cutting into other parts of my life and hobbies. I feel much more satisfied when I read a book or play a game than after watching TV.

I will never sell my games save for a last resort. I like having a collection of unplayed games I can dig into on those days where I want to try something new without splurging much money or if I stuck at home. I have hit a point where I don't want my backlog to grow much larger. That and being or a finite gaming budget has made me very choosy on what games I will buy. I gravitate towards the unique experiences. I don't plan on getting New Super Mario Bros 2 any time soon if at all.

You could just sell off the ones you don't see yourself playing at all or have not touched in over a year. I've found that being intentional with my time creates more purposeful and fulfilling experiences. TV tends to happen to me and therefore leaves me feeling dissatisfied with myself if I spend too much time just watching. I'm sure this is due to a lack of balance in my life. Author Stephen Covey teaches that people need to exercise their body, mind and spirit to feel whole as a person. I work a lot and also need to eat, sleep and spend time with my wife so I have to watch my free-time carefully. If I don't it is a bunch of TV/youtube and half of what I watch is stuff I wouldn't care about under normal circumstances. I try to divide my time up between games, reading (both fiction and non-fiction) and a form of outdoor activity. When I succeed in this I feel most satisfied with my life. Not saying you need to do the same, but it has improved my life satisfaction greatly to trim back television.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2013, 09:48:46 PM »
More to the point, I log out every time I leave, and I have never had any trouble logging in. There are times where I can't log out on the forums and instead have to go to the regular site to do so, but that's it.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2013, 12:21:05 AM »
Stop rerailing my derailed thread. :P
My Game Collection

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2013, 06:40:26 PM »
Stop rerailing my derailed thread. :P: : :

I know, right? The gall of some people.

I like having a collection of unplayed games I can dig into on those days where I want to try something new without splurging much money or if I stuck at home.

I like having that too. Part of the problem for me I think is that 10 years ago, before the advent of the virtual console, I was interested in replaying and acquiring a bunch of the SNES and 64 games I like playing as a kid but never had the funds to buy and had to rent instead. (Although honestly, I sometimes think it would have been a smarter finacial investment for my parents to have just bought some of these game as we probably payed more renting them over and over.)

Anyways, because of that and seeing how the costs for some games had risen so much, I've sort of taken on the mentality of buy it now when it is cheap than search for it years later when it is expensive. As such, because the amount of games I actually pay full price is a very small number, I've been able to buy a lot more games because I'd hunted for deals or waited for prices to get cut. And it's good because there are some games that have gone up in cost or become hard to find. Xenoblade is the most recent example of this.

Now, since I've been able to buy 2-3 games for the same amount of a brand new title, I've got a hefty collection of unplayed games. Moreover, I was still doing this during a time when I had really, really slowed down in actively gaming. I kept buying on the belief that someday in the future, I'd want to get back into gaming like I used to and be glad I bought these games while the cost was low instead of trying to find them years later. Future planning! However, I started to feel like I've got more than enough games to keep me busy for a long time into the future.

That's why I wanted to see if I couldn't make a dent into my backlog and also start seeing if I could keep up with current consoles. I've been working on getting through the 3DS games both retail and digitail that I've acquired and tried to put a freeze on spending anymore before finishing them up. Same with the Wii U. I've bought it early in the hopes that I stick with it and stay current and caught up and then start eliminating games from the previous systems. If I can't keep up and find myself still buying more than I can play, then I think I might either skip a generation or just quit trying to keep up and stick with what I've got.

At the same time, I sort of view the games as a financial investment. I don't plan on selling any but if I do, I think I could recoup all the money I've spent on them if not make a little since they are in good shape and I've learned the benefits of keeping the box and manuals from when I first started buying stuff of eBay. Since I bougt a lot of these games at a lower cost and have kept track of what I payed for them, a lot of them I see sell at that price or a bit higher. In fact, with some I could offer it at a lower price than it currently goes for and still make more than I payed for it. That's why if I really do decide to give up this hobby, I'd sell the games off so I could free up that capital for whatever it is that would interest me then.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 06:43:47 PM by Khushrenada »

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2013, 06:38:43 PM »
Wouldn't you know it? As soon as I state that I've never had any issues logging in, I then start having issues logging in!