Author Topic: Here's an E3 countdown clock I made...  (Read 2603 times)

Offline GameCubist

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Here's an E3 countdown clock I made...
« on: April 24, 2003, 11:40:58 AM »
You may remember the Zelda: Wind Waker countdown wallpaper that I made not too long ago, and some of you probably even remember when I made the GameCube launch countdown wallpaper a few years ago...

Well, I'm back this time with an E3 countdown clock that isn't a wallpaper. It's as tall as the bar at the top of a window, and fits nicely up there in the top right corner next to the minimize, resize, and close buttons (see pics below for an example). You can drag it anywhere you like, and if you click on the tab hanging from the bottom of it, a screenshot gallery will open with shots of most of the new Nintendo games that will be at E3! The further your mouse is from the center, the faster the pics will scroll, and it goes in both directions. It's a little less then 1MB, enjoy!

Clock Closed:
http://www1.charper.net/~tyler/files/clockclosed.jpg
Clock Opened:
http://www1.charper.net/~tyler/files/clockopen.jpg
E3 Countdown Clock:
Just save this to your computer, and double-click on it to open the clock

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2003, 12:12:38 PM »
That's pretty cool actually.  Although I must mention that you have some ugliness going on when you scroll the pictures too fast.  I am assuming this is because you are using a single buffer?  Also, it takes up 8MB of memory.... that's a little more than I am prepared to spend.  You should make a lite version, or set it up so that it dynamically allocates memory from the heap for the pictures rather than loading them all at once.

EDIT:  *doh*  just realized it wasn't a Win32 app.  I didn't realize it was a shockwave dealy until just now when I went to close it.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Zomboi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2003, 03:12:06 PM »
That's is awesome! I'm gonna keep that on my desktop for a long time to come (about 8 days ^_^), but hey keep up the great work!
Sure getting shot the first few times IS annoying but knowing that after a hards days work you'll eventually get a meal.........well that just makes the day worth it.

Offline Kulock

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2003, 06:22:19 PM »
It's kind of glitchy... it only checks for the speed jump once for me, and if you click on the pictures, you can't close it very reliably.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Here's an E3 countdown clock I made...
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2003, 08:32:13 PM »
oh lay off him, im assuming it wasn't exactly a 2 year effort to make it
nice clock btw

Offline Matt

• View Profile
RE: Here's an E3 countdown clock I made...
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2003, 07:16:07 PM »
It's an okay clock.  Sure a better one could be made, but with programming you can almost always make something better, more efficent, etc.
Matt
Contact Info in Profile