Author Topic: Zelda - Game Boy Player  (Read 3820 times)

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
Zelda - Game Boy Player
« on: March 27, 2003, 02:47:26 PM »
Does anyone know if the Game Boy Player will be able to simulate a Game Boy Advance for the Tingle cooperative aspect of Zelda WW? Or will i need a GBA?
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.â€

Offline baberg

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Zelda - Game Boy Player
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2003, 02:51:01 PM »
You'll need a GBA.  In order to use the (Japanese, at least) GBPlayer, you must reset the Gamecube and insert the special boot disk, and then the GBP will power on.  I haven't tried it myself, as I just ordered my import, but I'm about 95% positive that it will not work.
Name: Barry
Town: Hyrule

Offline David G

• View Profile
Zelda - Game Boy Player
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2003, 03:30:19 PM »
I don't see how it will work when you are using the same screen for the GBA and GCN.

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
Zelda - Game Boy Player
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2003, 05:32:00 PM »
It would probably only work if you hooked the GC with the GB Player up to another GC. Oh, and you would also have to have two TVs as well. The GB Player isn't supposed to replace the GBA. It just allows you to play the games on the TV.
Hey, kid! I’m a computer! Stop all the downloadin’! Help computer!

Offline Tsunekazu

• View Profile
Zelda - Game Boy Player
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2003, 06:03:38 PM »
You cannot use your GC and GB Player independently.  You can't even use it for Metroid to access the game and check for completion.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Zelda - Game Boy Player
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2003, 08:28:08 AM »
They've summed it up, but I'll give an official response.  You can use the GC GBA Cable to hook a GBP up to a GC, but you'll need two GCs and two TVs to do it. One GC would play the GC game, and the other would function as a GBA.  The best thing is to think of the GBP as turning your GC into a big GBA.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline theaveng

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
Zelda - Game Boy Player
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2003, 09:23:45 AM »
Cool.  So the Gameboy Player has a link cable interface on it?

Offline Tsunekazu

• View Profile
Zelda - Game Boy Player
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2003, 09:26:45 AM »
Yes.

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
Zelda - Game Boy Player
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2003, 06:13:52 PM »
thanks guys
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.â€