Author Topic: Mafia LXII: Dead Thread. Ain't that a kick in the head!  (Read 44702 times)

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia LXII: Dead Thread. Ain't that a kick in the head!
« Reply #75 on: June 20, 2014, 12:29:03 PM »
Avatars updated and sent out.  Thank goodness, maximum 2 dead per day now....  maybe?!

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 20, 2014, 12:33:38 PM »
There is the Blanca role and Phineas so you could be required to do more depending on what happens. Like say, a tie vote resulting in 3 people dead, Blanca makes a hit, Mafia makes a hit, Phineas kills a villager and dies for the wrong hit. Provided those are all seperate occurances, that's 7 potential deaths. One more than yesterday! I bet that's what you're rooting for now!
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 20, 2014, 12:44:43 PM »
This purgatory is getting crowded! So many fresh dead people. "More to eat" says the GhostEater. "Yum yum! I like the taste of dead kittiez!"
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 05:13:03 PM by ShyGuy »

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 20, 2014, 01:14:24 PM »
Bombs are so much more fun when you're not on the receiving end of them!

Tip of the hat to Spak-Spang: you were a great partner to have. Sorry to you, mop, and sundulous for pushing everyone to vote for RedBlue: Spak and I figured he was scum on day two, but we went for the certain scum (lolmonade and then pokepal) first. Would've been better to reverse that, I guess: hindsight! We also suspected crimm, but I suppose it's good I didn't scan him yet, as it would have been a wasted result.

Good game, and thanks to Khush for hosting and inviting me back. Best of luck to the town!

Hey.... :(

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 20, 2014, 01:20:46 PM »
I just consider you scum compared to Krusty!

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 20, 2014, 01:33:16 PM »
I also assumed he was scum, in fact he was another person i said we should go after but of course apdude got the order wrong.

I am amazed that neither mafia was involved in that blast.

I'd suspected crimm was either killer or fox godfather, maybe cube.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 20, 2014, 04:43:27 PM »
I also assumed he was scum, in fact he was another person i said we should go after but of course apdude got the order wrong.

I am amazed that neither mafia was involved in that blast.

I'd suspected crimm was either killer or fox godfather, maybe cube.

Lolmonade was voted out day 2. Day 3 is when apdude could make a hit. If you were recommending lolmonade as a hit, that wasn't very helpful. And what you're telling us is that you suspected Crimm of everything.

Maybe you should sport your dead Eugene avatar and send some letters through the post office. That has the power to take your game to the next level unlike your complaint of apdude's hit.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 20, 2014, 05:05:24 PM »
no dead eugene avatar and I meant redblue.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 20, 2014, 05:49:38 PM »
Whoopsie.

There goes the most active players. All the Fox Mafia need to do now is show up to vote and they have this one in the bag. How lame and anti-climatic.

I actually had no idea there was a second bomb. I s'pose I should have read the rules more closely, huh?

I told you guys and gals  to leave me alone to my gym. But noooo, see what you made me do?
Sorry mate. If you had chosen someone to rally against then maybe I would have helped you out!

And I feel like I didn't miss lead anyone with my vote choice.  I let everyone know from the beginning that I didn't know who redblue was, but it was a guess from a past vote.
No worries mate, I don't blame you. The main reason I was joining your vote was because it was pretty clear you were the townie alliance and I wanted in on that. Guess I should have gone my own way instead!

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 20, 2014, 07:48:34 PM »
Then again today is I believe the nook Mafias day to kill something, so if those two get a lucky shot they could take the game. but I highly suspect redd's mafia is mostly hidden.

But wait if nobody votes does that count as a tie?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 20, 2014, 07:52:19 PM »
Then again today is I believe the nook Mafias day to kill something, so if those two get a lucky shot they could take the game. but I highly suspect redd's mafia is mostly hidden.

It actually does and I was thinking I may have to post that in the thread here.

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 20, 2014, 07:55:40 PM »

It actually does and I was thinking I may have to post that in the thread here.

I say let them figure it out on their own.  ;D

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 20, 2014, 07:56:58 PM »
I'll vote for them,

vote... wait he's dead
vote... wait she blew up...
vote... oh wait... ****

I got nothing....

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 20, 2014, 08:20:56 PM »
Ha ha, wow, these icons are going to make the rest of the forum think we're all a buncha sick bastards.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 20, 2014, 08:33:21 PM »
I told you guys and gals  to leave me alone to my gym. But noooo, see what you made me do?

Ha ha ha. This message is even better now that RedBlue's avatar is of him starting to explode with dynamite strapped to his chest.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 20, 2014, 08:39:10 PM »
Just a fair warning, I may or may not have mailed explosives to people from beyond the grave,

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 20, 2014, 08:44:04 PM »
Ha ha, wow, these icons are going to make the rest of the forum think we're all a buncha sick bastards.

When in reality it's just me  :P: ... 

with maybe a little help...

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 20, 2014, 08:46:28 PM »

Ah, here it is. I sent Pokepal a message at the time of his death stating:

Quote from: Khushrenada, the Greatest Animal Crossing Mayor Ever
You think that's bad! I'm going to demand you keep your mutilated Eugene avatar as soon as apdude has it ready. I was laughing to myself in the where is the nwr Mario kart community thread because shyguy and lolmonade were posting a bit and it looked hilarious seeing these two dead AC avatars. I want more people with dead avatars to fill the forums and make anyone visiting it or the regulars who don't play mafia to wonder what the heck is going on with all the forums.

I love it. First, the forums get filled with Animal Crossing avatars randomly one year after the game came out. And now, the avatars are all becoming mutilated.

But seeing this avatar adoption has also made me realize that this might be one of the best methods for promoting Mafia games. I can't help but wonder if it has made the other posters here curious as to what's going on and if it will cause them to seek out the game next time. Of course, leave it to the Community Manager to not help support that type of promotion. French commie soccer lover that he is. Oh, I'm so glad he brought up the World Cup and cares so much about it. It just gives instant ammo to use to bug him. Ha ha ha.

So, I do like the sick joke we are sort of playing on these forums which is why I wish others would join in on it until the game is over.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #93 on: June 20, 2014, 10:10:08 PM »
This was an exciting end to the week…but it does mean that it will be hard to top the excite next week.  Not impossible, because the end game will be interesting.  Remember, there is still 2 mafias…and that is important, because Fox can't just win by showing up.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 21, 2014, 12:21:57 AM »
  Remember, there is still 2 mafias…and that is important, because Fox can't just win by showing up.
No considering the 'genius' your dealing with there's only one mafia you need to worry about. :D

Also between this and the holiday mafia you are on my day one vote atm, just fair warning.

Also I'm sick of waiting.... Fox mafia reveal yourself by PM

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #95 on: June 21, 2014, 01:25:50 AM »
Pokepal:  That is Ok. You can day one vote me…but you have to admit seeing me and all my friends day in a fiery blast was way more fun, wasn't it.

Yes…you know you loved my death.  All my hope crushed in one vote that I led. 

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 21, 2014, 01:43:36 AM »
So basically so far the able sisters and shampoodle is down, garden center is out, mueseum is shut down, housing is in chaos, the only boat in town was stolen, and now the post office burned down, god why would anyone want to live here.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 21, 2014, 04:24:51 AM »
Great, the night I had to work was the night I get eliminated by one vote, meaning if I had the night off, I could have maybe saved myself.  Figures that would happen. :'(

Then again, I kind of deserve it for trying a rather risky strategy.  The reason I voted for Mop it up at the last moment on Day 4 was because I wanted to cause a tie with RedBlue.  I wanted a tie to happen and then was hoping it would go unresolved so 3 players would be randomly eliminated and hoping this randomness would pick more mafia players to eliminate as a result.

Instead the tie was broke, causing everything to literally blow up in my face making me the Number One suspect for the next day.  Still, had things gone like I hoped it could have maybe worked people.  Might have been a little crazy but sometimes you need crazy to win.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 21, 2014, 10:35:01 AM »
Sorry Luigi Dude. I would have gladly voted elsewhere but with so little votes on the table it was an either-or situation. I didn't want a tie with the limited activity going on as I felt it was too dangerous and between the two options the arguments against you were more compelling.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 21, 2014, 01:09:13 PM »
Then again, I kind of deserve it for trying a rather risky strategy.  The reason I voted for Mop it up at the last moment on Day 4 was because I wanted to cause a tie with RedBlue.  I wanted a tie to happen and then was hoping it would go unresolved so 3 players would be randomly eliminated and hoping this randomness would pick more mafia players to eliminate as a result.

I'm not following your logic here. The town was pretty much rolling, and the successful scum kills were hitting each other as much as they were hitting townies. Why drop all that and take the risk of killing multiple townies/power roles at once instead of eliminating a likely scum? And it's not like the endgame won't narrow down the suspect list either way. It seems like an unnecessary risk to me.