Author Topic: Rate the last TV show you've seen  (Read 1193229 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last TV show you've seen
« Reply #250 on: January 10, 2010, 10:51:29 PM »
Chuck (Seasons 1 & 2) - 8.75/10

I'm sure I've rated this at the beginning of the thread somewhere, but it just awesome enough to rate again(I'm possibly even rating it higher than before). Also the Season 3 premiere airs tonite and then goes back to it's regular time slot on Monday nites.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 11, 2010, 02:47:15 AM »
Trailer Park Boys - 10/10.

I'm not sure if I've rated it before, but I'm rating it again.  I've been watching it ever since it went on the air up in Canada (one of my buddies up there hipped me to it).  One of the best mockumentary series ever.

When I first watched Trailer Park Boys I thought it was an American show (An easy mistake to make outside of NA I guess). But as time went on I realised for a show about trailer trash it was too clever/quirky to have been made by Americans. Upon realising it was Canadian just makes it even funnier.

Sure My Name is Earl is funny, but it isn't great like TPB.

GO CANADA
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 11, 2010, 05:42:17 AM »
 Iron Man: Armored Adventures - First 5-6 episodes: 5/10.  Final 19-20 episodes of the first season: 8.5/10

Man, this is one very strange show.  I basically started watching it because I was a big fan of Spectacular Spider-man, and I was in the mood for a good Comics superhero show I hadn't seen before.  Besides, Iron Man looked decent enough in both the recent Animated and Live Action movies.  Nothing could have prepared me for this series, though: a cel-shaded (think the MTV Spider-man show, only cheaper-looking) series that turns Tony Stark into a 16-year old kid and basically reshapes the Iron Man concept into something like Spectacular Spider-man-meets-Johnny Quest (not in itself a bad combination, but it's just a complete 180 degrees from the core of the IM character).  This is a show you just have to stick it out for a handful of episodes, because the opening batch are average at best and do a poor job of selling the show's concept with annoying characters and "lame supervillain of the week" plotlines.  The animation also comes off poorly, mostly because the animators for some bizarre reason decided to set action scenes involving laser blasts and explosions...at high noon outdoors, where absolutely nothing in this series looks good.  The show also suffers from the same problem that the MTV Spider-man series had: the animation looks decent enough in the action scenes, but as soon as the costumes come off the characters move and act very robotically.

Then something miraculous happens around episodes 6-7: something snaps and suddenly the show gets dramatically better.  The animators finally show some sense and start staging battles in areas with decent lighting and solid action, the writing starts involving actual drama, characters stop being (as) obnoxious, and the show's concept starts showing the heart (franchise pun not intended) it needed to convince me this was a show worth following.  By the end of the first season, I'm definitely looking forward to season 2.  It's definitely not a fantastic show up there with Spectacular Spider-man, Beast Wars, the DC AU, or Avatar...but it's decent enough if given the chance to iron out the problems, much like I saw with The Batman (another show that started out as utter crap, but got increasingly better with each season until by the end there were episodes that could hang with the best of the DC AU).
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 05:46:58 AM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 11, 2010, 09:40:17 AM »
Modern Family - Why the **** hasn't Modern Family been mentioned more than once in this thread? It's a fucking tragedy that you guys either aren't watching it or don't like it. It comes at a great time when both 30 Rock and The Office are starting to get ****. The best new sitcom since Arrested Development, there I said it. 9/10.

Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #254 on: January 11, 2010, 10:30:13 AM »
The News:
Pretty good cos it was all about how the WA economy is teh strongest in Australia and that WA beat Victoria in the cricket. **** yeah! What a great day to be Western Australian (and not Victorian).
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #255 on: January 11, 2010, 02:35:40 PM »
I've been watching it Dasmos, and I love it. Very funny show, with a great cast and a goofy sense of humor. Also, Sofia Vergara is haaaaaawt.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 11, 2010, 07:56:19 PM »
I've been watching it Dasmos, and I love it. Very funny show, with a great cast and a goofy sense of humor. Also, Sofia Vergara is haaaaaawt.

Yeah, you were the sole poster who mentioned it. Glad someone enjoys it. Also Sofia Vergara? Is that the columbian chick? If so, then yes, I agree 200%.

So basically it's summer here which means Australian TV channels finally show some decent shows that they feel would be too risky to try at any other time. This is besically the only time we ever see new comedies like Aressted Development, Scrubs, Always Sunny and stuff at a decent hour. So I have been watching Parks and Recreation, I'm told they're viewing the second season here at the moment, so I'm going to try and track down the first season even though I have heard mixed things. Anyway this show is definitely enjoyable, it's like The Office, but fresh. Also anything with Aziz Ansari is okay in my books. 8/10.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 11, 2010, 09:07:13 PM »
I've seen pretty much every episode of Modern Family. It's alright, definitely one of the better comedies on TV but I'm not rushing home on a Wed. nite just to catch it, or even setting the DVR to catch it for me. It's entertaining, but is nothing like an Arrested Development, yet it is still a good show.
I don't really like the dad that is married to the blond chick. It's mostly his voice I don't like, but everything else about the show has been pretty entertaining.

edit:
Another show I've been watching is The Middle (aka Malcom in the Middle 2). It's co-starring the Janitor from Scrubs and that has also been a pretty good show which borrows heavily on the MitM family character and style minus a little bit of the goofing off.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 09:10:27 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 12, 2010, 12:20:18 AM »
Heroes (on NBC)

I haven't even finished the episode that just started 15minutes ago and I'm 100% convinced that this show is handled exactly the same way that Southpark said Family Guy was. Manatees in a tank with some labeled balls.

Who is writing the script for this show?
I only continue to watch it this far because I've already invested so much time into it, but I really think it more like Nascar Syndrome, I stick around waiting for the inevitable crash. This show is so bad..... what happened? It used to have such promise.
I really wish they would put this back on at 8pm against House and move chuck to 9pm instead so I can watch House and then Chuck.

Offline Halbred

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #259 on: January 12, 2010, 04:06:56 AM »
Is it just me, or is that Malcolm in the Middle kid EXACTLY the same age he was like eight years ago on "Malcolm in the Middle?" It's freaking creepy is what it is.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 12, 2010, 10:11:26 AM »
I don't watch that show (do they even make new ones?) - but I've seen it on my TV and it looks like he went from 12 years old to 35 years old between seasons at one point.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 13, 2010, 01:40:36 AM »
about Conan O'brien....

if he doesn't get what he wants i'm boycotting NBC....i would already be boycotting NBC, but if i couldn't watch Conan then i would have no reason to ever watch it.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 13, 2010, 01:43:21 AM »
What about Chuck?

I hear Zachary Levi (Chuck) is on Conan tonite. How did that go?

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 14, 2010, 08:28:57 PM »
Doctor Who: The End of Time. GOODBYE DAVID TENNANT.

His final line pretty much summed up how i felt at the end of it: I don't want to go!

Matt Smith has massive boots to fill.

Certain people around here ought to like the Timothy Dalton action, too.  They should have switched those parts so Dalton would be the next Doctor, actually.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 14, 2010, 10:47:12 PM »
Conan has been absolutely on fire all week with his monologues. NBC is making the biggest mistake in history, if they think their ratings suck now, wait until Conan is on Fox.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 14, 2010, 11:01:55 PM »
I hope the Tonite Show bombs if Leno takes it back and then Leno is blacklisted from television in the process.

Leno needs to step up and retire from the talkshow. Then go get a hotrod car show that comes on midday/early afternoon and enjoy his real true passion. He could still do interviews when he does something similar to MTV Cribs and check out Celebrity cars inbetween car shows, custom car mods and restoration shops.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 15, 2010, 01:23:39 PM »
For all those that have no idea what going on with the whole Tonite Show on NBC thing

In 2004 Jay Leno and NBC agreed to pass on The Tonite Show to Conan in 5 years just as Johnny Carson has passed it on to Jay Leno 17 years ago.

>>>>>>>>>>>fast forward to last year

Jay Leno passes the torch to Conan, but now decides he isn't ready to retire and would like The Tonite Show back. Jay pressures NBC into getting him a 10pm show so he wouldn't go to a different network and compete with Conan. 10pm show is a ratings disaster killing Conan's all important lead in which in turn lowers Conan's start up ratings. Not to mention that Jay was trying his hardest to book all the big guest before they could show up with Conan, and you can already see was going on here.

Now you can catch up with everything you missed right here:
http://gawker.tv/5448615/the-late-night-war-reaches-its-boiling-point-all-the-clips-you-missed

+2 respect for Jimmy Kimmel with his appearance on 10 @ 10 on the Jay Leno Show.

edit: Howard Stern also has a good outlook on what Jay was doing.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 01:25:16 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 15, 2010, 05:53:00 PM »
Doctor Who: The End of Time. GOODBYE DAVID TENNANT.

His final line pretty much summed up how i felt at the end of it: I don't want to go!

Matt Smith has massive boots to fill.

Certain people around here ought to like the Timothy Dalton action, too.  They should have switched those parts so Dalton would be the next Doctor, actually.

Absolutely. But hey, its Matt Smith now. I don't mind him. I'm more excited that Steven Moffat is taking over as headwriter and executive producer because even though he wrote, at most, 2 episodes a year his ones were always the best ones by MILES. Silence in the Library and Forest of the Dead are two of the greatest episodes science fiction has ever seen.

Lets make sure:TIMOTHY DALTON WAS IN DOCTOR WHO!

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 15, 2010, 09:56:02 PM »
Big Bang Theory 1/5 - Predictable.
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline Halbred

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #269 on: January 16, 2010, 12:34:13 AM »
I tried that show for a few weeks but always came away underwhelmed. I know people think the girl is super hot, but I don't see the big deal. The tall geek is mean-spirited, too. I would argue that Better Off Ted is just as geeky but much funnier and more likable.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: January 16, 2010, 12:58:51 AM »
You know it's not that good when a hot girl isn't enough to sway Halbred.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 16, 2010, 10:21:39 AM »
LOL.  I was just thinking the same thing.  ;D
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 16, 2010, 02:56:45 PM »
I don't watch enough tv to warrant posting in this thread but last night I saw Human Giant for the first time...

0/10

Why? Because it was full of some random and hilarious **** that sounds like the kinda stuff me and my friends would think up when driving around aimlessly. Woulda been a 10/10 if it didn't make me feel like **** for not having my own show.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Halbred

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #273 on: January 16, 2010, 04:10:40 PM »
LOL.  I was just thinking the same thing.  ;D

It's true! I just don't find her that attractive! Now, Sofia Vergara on Modern Family...hubba hubba!

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 16, 2010, 04:27:57 PM »
Yeah.  She's not very hot at all.  Nothing to drool over certainly.  Just good enough.
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....