Author Topic: Rate the last TV show you've seen  (Read 1193600 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last TV show you've seen
« Reply #175 on: November 14, 2009, 03:54:12 AM »
Smallville Season 9

Best season since.... since.... well best season in a long freaking time.
last season started off good, but then the budget took a major hit and it really affected the show.
This season has been good ep after good ep especially the last few back to back.

For all those Smallville fans that abandoned the show, now is the time to get caught up and back into it again. Progress has been made and the plot holes and loose-ends are being explained and tied up.
The episode tonite had the Wonder Twins and it was done really really well. I was expecting something so bad it was funny, but this show has just been pure enjoyment like the 1st few season.
Clark might still not know how to fly but you really can think of this season as Superman: Year One (training wheels)

Season 9 (so far) - 9/10

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 17, 2009, 04:06:32 PM »
Any Monk fans? It's 3 episodes out from the finale and there's been not one Trudy clue-hunting episode. The writers clocked out way ahead of the show's ending and it's a shame. 4/10.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 17, 2009, 04:53:16 PM »
Monk has been on auto pilot for 3 season now. I'm riding it out just to see how it ends.
It could get better and end on a good note, but I'm honestly just glad the the show is going to get a proper ending and wrap up the story and not continue to drag on like some shows tend to do.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 17, 2009, 04:58:48 PM »
Smallville Season 9

Best season since.... since.... well best season in a long freaking time.
last season started off good, but then the budget took a major hit and it really affected the show.
This season has been good ep after good ep especially the last few back to back.

For all those Smallville fans that abandoned the show, now is the time to get caught up and back into it again. Progress has been made and the plot holes and loose-ends are being explained and tied up.
The episode tonite had the Wonder Twins and it was done really really well. I was expecting something so bad it was funny, but this show has just been pure enjoyment like the 1st few season.
Clark might still not know how to fly but you really can think of this season as Superman: Year One (training wheels)

Season 9 (so far) - 9/10

I couldn't agree more, I've been loving Season 9. Season 8 showed promise but was kind of bumpy, probably because the creators of the show left and the news guys were adjusting, but now it looks like the creators leaving was the best thing that could have happened to the show. The writing is quite tight this season and it looks like it has a bit more budget to work with. Got to love the end of the Wonder Twin episode too! I had a huge smile on my face, it was so out of no where.

If you asked me 2 years ago about what I thought of Smallville I would have said one more season, maybe to tie things up but it was dropping it quality fast. Now I want to see a season 10! Especially since there is a chance this may be Supernatural's last season since the creator only wanted to do 4 seasons and this is the end of his 4 year arch.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 17, 2009, 05:55:26 PM »
I just started tuning into Supernatural. I really want to start from the beginning now.
I'm glad that the creator had an original vision for the show and is sticking to it.
Tell your story and get out, no filler, no dead end stories, no staying past your welcome.
More shows need to follow that lead, the shows that have a story arch that leads to an eventual story conclusion that is.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: November 17, 2009, 05:58:52 PM »
I just started tuning into Supernatural. I really want to start from the beginning now.
I'm glad that the creator had an original vision for the show and is sticking to it.
Tell your story and get out, no filler, no dead end stories, no staying past your welcome.
More shows need to follow that lead, the shows that have a story arch that leads to an eventual story conclusion that is.

Yeah,Smallville was falling into that trap big time, most shows never pull out of a downward spiral like Smallville was on but it seems to be doing it.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 17, 2009, 06:16:35 PM »
Smallville still has a story to tell and they are just now getting around to telling it again.
They fell off track somewhere in s4 with the whole Lana witch thing and just got back on again last season (ironically after Lex left the show).

Now Smallville has a 2 parter story arch that is getting turned into a mini-movie event. A budget increase is happening and new talent is coming to the show(Pam Grier aka Foxy Brown). If the rating keep up, a 10th an final season is a shoe in(then they can change the name of the show to Metropolis ;) )

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 17, 2009, 06:37:24 PM »
I really like the addition of Oliver/Green Arrow. And there are some rumblings that Rosembaum may return, which I think is fine if done correctly.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 17, 2009, 06:45:58 PM »
I'm hoping Lex comes back. I like that they play it like he may still be pulling strings from some unknown location since that always leave them a way to bring him back. It allows allows him to not know that Clark and Superman are the same person since I think it's inevitable that Tess will be dead before the dust settles.

But Green Arrow isn't the only one to be back this season. The mini-movie should really set thing in motion next year when the show comes back from it's break since I think it's being written by the comicbook writer.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 17, 2009, 06:48:22 PM »
Zod is an interesting villain, he is actually a pretty complex villain and in some ways you understand his ambition.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 17, 2009, 07:04:03 PM »
I'm actually more interested in what they are gonna do with Chloe, but they seem to be handling the Zod story line fine so far, so I'll just wait to see where it goes and how it develops.

I've never read a Superman comic and have only seen the movies, TAS & JLA/U so I'm real interested in how everything plays out.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #186 on: November 17, 2009, 07:13:20 PM »
Top Model - I stopped caring a loooong time ago this season, but this episode had Marissa Miller, which made me stand at attention.

Why can't Top Model accept more girls who look like THAT?
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 17, 2009, 10:15:39 PM »
V brings new meaning to the word A.L.F

that mother daughter aliens they are total alfs
Alfs in v are like milfs except aliens
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 04:28:20 PM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 23, 2009, 04:10:38 AM »
HOLY **** 10/10 EPISODE OF DEXTER

During this episode I was completely relaxed wondering when **** was gonna hit the fan. Right after the Thanksgiving dinner scene I was no longer laying down but sitting on the edge of the couch for the rest of the episode. I had several theories as to how things were gonna play out and they were all wrong yet all right at the same time. I can't wait to watch the rest of the season to see how all this drama continues to unfold. Some blood is about to be shed but I'm still not sure all of who's it's gonna be.

Offline Halbred

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #189 on: November 23, 2009, 01:13:39 PM »
Californication: Meh. This season is so unfocused it's just not fun to watch. None of the characters are really likable this season. I'm so sick of Hank's daughter, and I can't understand how Hank is rich enough that he doesn't have to write...or have a job...or support a family. It annoys me.

Monk: Finally, they're getting somewhere. By which I mean, next week they'll start getting somewhere.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 25, 2009, 12:13:21 AM »
V brings new meaning to the word A.L.F

that mother daughter aliens they are total alfs
Alfs in v are like milfs except aliens

I couldn't agree more.
There are few women that I think can pull of the short hair look (Ms. Berry) and Momma ALF doin just fine.
Momma ALF is seriously hotter than Daughter ALF. So many great close-ups of Mommas face today and zoom outs of full body shots with the power suit/skirt and those heels. It's startin to get hot in here.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 25, 2009, 11:25:33 PM »
speaking of V, i just saw episode 4..the last shot reminds me of a picture i rendered in 3d class

http://www.tetrametrics.com/theperm/Renders/drog.jpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r259/theultimateperm/v.jpg

obviously, theirs looks better, but its funny when you see the similarity. I also didnt try to model the best ships or put the best shaders on the planets, i was messing around with particle generators and reflections. That frame took about 5 hours to render :o.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 11:33:47 PM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 04, 2009, 10:21:11 PM »
LOL, I just started watching Avatar: TLAB Book 2 episode 2 (Love Cave or something like that)and damn is this cartoon funny.

sister says to brother, "Why is your forehead all red"
[close up of red spot on brother's forehead]

wandering nomad walks up and says
"Don't freak out when I tell you this, but I think that guy over there is the Avatar"

Brother: [FACEPALM.....again]

Stogi, thanks for recommending this otherwise I never would have gotten around to watching it. It's pretty mature for something that was shown on Nickelodeon, has plenty of action, it's well choreographed and has plenty of humor.

Starting to make me more interested in the live action movie that coming up.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 10:22:48 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Halbred

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #193 on: December 04, 2009, 10:43:30 PM »
Dexter: See, I thought this was the 2nd-to-last episode, but it's not. There are two left. Having said that, this has been a slow season overall, with the real knockout moments spread unevenly throughout. These last two episodes will probably be off the chain, though.

Scrubs: Med School: Interesting direction for the show. I don't like the main girl, but maybe she'll grow on me. It's pretty obvious that Bill Lawrence isn't heading up this new season, and his light touch is missed. And WHO is that beautiful Australian doctor? Hubba hubba!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 05, 2009, 07:01:33 AM »
30 Rock - Must See TV indeed

Goto Hulu and watch the latest episode. It is hilarious.
From Liz to Tracy and even Frank, all brought the laughs this week.
I have never laughed so hard at a single episode of this show before.

Liz: "This is how I cry now thanks to that generic eye surgery you made me get"
The HD Camera
Frank in Liz mode

Tracy & Wife:
"Really? Have you lost your mind? I'm not gonna raise another child by myself."
"What are you implying? I'm a very attentive father."
"Oh please, Tracy. Where were you last week during Tracy Jr's birthday party?"
"There was a better kid's birthday party up the street!"

& a special appearance from Whoopi, this episode was on point.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: December 06, 2009, 02:17:46 PM »
LOL, I just started watching Avatar: TLAB Book 2 episode 2 (Love Cave or something like that)and damn is this cartoon funny.

"Don't freak out when I tell you this, but I think that guy over there is the Avatar"

Stogi, thanks for recommending this otherwise I never would have gotten around to watching it. It's pretty mature for something that was shown on Nickelodeon, has plenty of action, it's well choreographed and has plenty of humor.

Glad to hear you like the show, as Season 2 is the best of the series (though the series has one hell of a finale at the end of Season 3).  I always make a point to tell people about Avatar whenever I hear someone mention how American animation just isn't what it used to be.

Actually, if you like Avatar you might want to give Star Wars: The Clone Wars (the CG series) a try.  Many of the staff of Avatar moved over to The Clone Wars when Avatar finished, and it shows in the action scenes.  The show itself is very well-written and is (in my opinion) more Star Wars-y than the entire prequel trilogy.

As for me, the last show I watched was the now-canceled Dollhouse.  5/10.  Lousy show that took a rather limited (for television) premise and went absolutely nowhere interesting with it until now...when it's been canceled.  Some good actors and some decent writing, but just not good enough of either.

Battlestar abandoned the Ship of Quality after the second season. After that, itjust stopped making sense. It shouldn't be on that list. I think it'sthere as the token sci-fi show.

Nice to see someone agrees with me on Battlestar.  The first 2 seasons were phenomenal, but after that it gets bogged down in religion, whining, and pretentiousness (two things that often go hand-in-hand).  The series was so much better when it was just Humans vs. Cylon for the Future of Humanity (TM).
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 06:36:27 PM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 06, 2009, 02:40:46 PM »
I've been watching Clone Wars since the beginning (might have even mentioned somewhere in the thread) and I'm not really a Star Wars fan at all. It a good cartoon and better than most of the movies and that clone wars miniseries that came before it.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 06, 2009, 06:19:29 PM »
Stargate Universe - It took a LONG time but i feel like something is finally coming together now. I'm still loving the actors and visual style (and the crew for making it!) more than the actual writing though.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 07, 2009, 03:42:58 AM »

:) I'm glad you're enjoying it. It's really is a great series and if your enjoying it as much as you are now, you'll probably agree with my rating once you finish it.

Season 2 is probably the funniest season because of Toph. But there's one episode that comes to mind in season 3 that had me in tears.

But yeah, enjoy the ride!
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 07, 2009, 03:49:23 AM »
Season 2 is probably the funniest season because of Toph. But there's one episode that comes to mind in season 3 that had me in tears.

But yeah, enjoy the ride!

I'm sure if you look up "awesome" in the dictionary, you'll find a picture of Toph there.  She's my favorite character in Avatar, and she kicks ass.  She's the only character in the entire show who even by the end of the show could still kick Aang's ass, and she's absolutely hilarious (and often self-depricating).
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.