Author Topic: Rate the last TV show you've seen  (Read 1186701 times)

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last TV show you've seen
« Reply #125 on: September 29, 2009, 12:03:32 PM »
Dexter S04 E01: I can't wait for how this season is going to evolve. Lots of challenges for Dexter.

Californication S03 E01: WTF. LOL! That's all I have to say.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 03, 2009, 03:32:26 PM »
Stargate Universe. 9/10. Wow. Tense is the best word for it. And the cast is just full of talent. This is what Atlantis should have evolved into.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 05, 2009, 03:05:03 AM »
Star Wars: The Clone Wars (CGI animated)

So I watched the first season and I thought it was incredibly well done. The action, the drama, the voice acting; all of it. I found a site that had the entire season and watched them almost all in a row. Now the second season started on Friday and I finished watching it and man.....it is so dope already. Zero G fight scene? You kidding me? It also sets up Skywalker's inner struggle (though barely). This show is great for anyone who likes well done animation and a solid storyline.

9/10
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #128 on: October 06, 2009, 01:31:16 PM »
Dexter, Season 4, Episode 1: I'm simply not going to watch this season if it involves a screaming baby. My wife feels the same way. I already hate the older kids, now Aster is being a fracking brat? The new serial killer looks cool, but...I'm not going to put up with a baby all season.

Mad Men: The Brits don't know how to interact with Americans. It's hilarious, but you feel sorry for everyone at Sterling & Cooper. Don't go, Joan!

Glee: It seems like the show is still trying to find its stride. Kirstin Chenoweth is always a joy, though. Am I the only one who absolutely hates the Rachel character? I want her to DIE.

Packers v. Vikings: I don't know who this Aaron Rodgers guy is, but he can't throw a football to save his life. Every time he got the ball, he got sacked. Seven sacks in one game! Meanwhile, Favre basically PWNED the Packers. He was throwing bullets all night, straight 'n' true.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 06, 2009, 02:51:27 PM »
You should watch the next episode of Dexter. It's pretty good.

Entourage: This is some bullshit. Ari is by far the only reason to watch this show now. He's carrying it.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 06, 2009, 04:12:21 PM »
Dexter, Season 4, Episode 1: I'm simply not going to watch this season if it involves a screaming baby. My wife feels the same way. I already hate the older kids, now Aster is being a fracking brat? The new serial killer looks cool, but...I'm not going to put up with a baby all season.
You will watch it and you will enjoy it. Probably more than a previous season.

Glee: It seems like the show is still trying to find its stride. Kirstin Chenoweth is always a joy, though. Am I the only one who absolutely hates the Rachel character? I want her to DIE.

I watched the last episode because of Kristin Chenwoeth. She is such a hot little tiny package. But that lead singer chick sux. You can tell her background is Broadway since she has this need to over act and project to the back of the room. You are on television now, tone it down a bit and be a little more natural. Over expression is not needed when the camera is focused on a close up of your face. That last episode she didn't do it as bad as the first episode, but she was hardly in the episode so it's hard to gauge.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 07, 2009, 12:47:25 AM »
Stargate Universe. 9/10. Wow. Tense is the best word for it. And the cast is just full of talent. This is what Atlantis should have evolved into.

There's too much Battlestar Galactica in my Stargate.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 07, 2009, 07:46:33 AM »

There's too much Battlestar Galactica in my Stargate.

It doesn't feel that similar. It doesn't feel as foreboding and OH NO WERE ALL DOOMED AAAAHHA.

Offline bosshogx

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • Monday Night Crew.com
« Reply #133 on: October 07, 2009, 10:37:09 AM »
Big Bang Theory S03E02

Awesome as usual.  Too many LOL moments to count.  The only thing that baffles me is how this show is written by the same guy who does Two and a Half Men.  o.0

9/10
www.mondaynightcrew.com
A video game webcomic that's updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Wii 2338-1768-8759-4933
Planet Puzzle League 180490-316211
Advance Wars 171922-891988

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 08, 2009, 01:38:16 AM »
Monster Bug Wars - **** Yeah!

I'm still watching it on the DSC channel, but this is the tv show version of the website that detailed in video the same things we used to do as kids. Find random insects, put them in an arena and then takes sides on who we think would win a fight.

They profile the insect/arachnids with 3D models and list out their strengths while the narrator dramatizes the entire encounter, complete with expert opinions. They even add sound effect for viewer enjoyment. I think this is one of my new favorite shows.

All I have to say is, that if giant insects ever become a reality, we're all fucked. without a doubt, fucked.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: October 08, 2009, 02:20:51 AM »
i never liked the stargate SG1. Atlantis was more tolerable. This new one looks to have grabbed some talent, but the visuals still looked pretty budget. Im thinking this one won't be so bad.  My favorite sc-ifi series of all time is DS9. It looks like it might go that way.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 08, 2009, 08:26:40 AM »
i never liked the stargate SG1. Atlantis was more tolerable. This new one looks to have grabbed some talent, but the visuals still looked pretty budget. Im thinking this one won't be so bad.  My favorite sc-ifi series of all time is DS9. It looks like it might go that way.

Are you serious? I watched it in HD and its stunning. They even said they got the movie division (and not the TV division) of their CGI studio to make the effects.

Offline Halbred

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #137 on: October 08, 2009, 03:00:33 PM »
Modern Family

Good comedy about a fairly mixed family. It involves Sofia Vergara, so...it's a winner in my book. They could produce a show involving her sitting in front of a white wall chewing gum and I'd watch it.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 08, 2009, 07:07:22 PM »
Pushing Daisies - 7.5/10

This show started off all good, but by the time I got to the second season, I just couldn't stand the relationship dynamic anymore. I don't want to give anything away, but annoying f'n couple about wraps it up. Olive was great, Emerson was the man, the Aunts were fine, but the couple of Ned & Chuck... just fucking touch her already. Whats most disappointing about the series though, is how it got canceled in the second season, but they were about 1-2 episodes away from having a satisfying finale. The last episode does a quick wrap up and boom it's over. But to sum this show up in a few words, Dr. Suess for a more mature audience.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 09, 2009, 01:48:42 AM »

Are you serious? I watched it in HD and its stunning.

I have to agree with Plugabugz on this one, and SG1 rules all. I was actually surprised Teal'c did not make an appearance on SGU. Teal'c is awesome.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 09, 2009, 12:23:45 PM »
FLASH FOWARD

So I've been watching this show about how everyone on earth blacked out at exactly the same time for exactly the same length. But instead of not remembering anything, people lived out a portion of their lives 6 months into the future. Everyone saw their future and everyone saw their future at the exact same time in the future. It's been pretty interesting so far, and it has a lot of potential. However, I just saw the last episode and because of the cliff hanger ending, I'm probably never going to watch it again.

Thanks alot for nothing/10

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 09, 2009, 01:36:40 PM »
That show just never captured me from the beginning, now I wait for the show that looked kinda similar, but was about aliens.

Most of the new fall schedule for network TV really sux, and I'm having a hard time trying to find something to watch through most of the week. I find myself saying "Is it 11 o'clock yet?" because that's when The Daily Show starts.

For those of us that may regularly tune into primetime TV, what are you watching?

Monday: House (Fox 8pm) (Heroes....DVR later)
Tuesday: .....
Wednesday: .....
Thursday: Fringe (Fox 9pm)
Friday: Smallville (CW 8pm) Dexter (Sho 9pm) Monk (USA 9pm) Psych (USA 10pm)
Saturday: .....
Sunday: Animation Dominantion block(minus The Simpsons) (Fox 8:30-10pm)

To be honest, the only days I look forward to are Mon. & Fri. if you exclude Daily Show & Colbert Report.
What else is worth watching regularly?

p.s. I'm waiting to check out V (alien show), Human Target (based on a DC comic) & the return of Chuck (NBC replacing Heroes in March)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 02:46:09 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 09, 2009, 02:02:04 PM »
Dollhouse 3/5
Bored to Death 4/5
Bears v Lions 5/5 for Cutlers Elway impression
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline Halbred

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #143 on: October 09, 2009, 02:04:46 PM »
@BlackNMild: I agree, the second season was really up and down. I didn't understand why Olive sang a song in every other episode. Hard to beat the first season of that show, though.

Shows The Wife and I Regularly Watch (or record):

House (me only), Glee, Top Model, The Office, Ugly Better (her), 30 Rock, Mad Men, Dexter, Californication, Daily Show

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 09, 2009, 02:42:07 PM »
I forgot to add Dexter to my Sunday line up.
30 Rock isn't on right now.
I don't like the lead girl in Glee, she is too broadway for TV.
I watch Top Model from time to time, but I'm not dependent on new episodes, reruns are just fine.
I saw few episodes of Califonication when it first started, but it just seemed like an excuse for Moulder to get naked with women of varying degrees of attractiveness.
Not a fan of The Office and never watched Ugly Betty.

Mad Men is something I've meaning to check out, but I want to start from the beginning.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 09, 2009, 02:57:16 PM »
I just started watching 30 Rock last week.  So far I'm halfway through season one.  I like it well enough.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline bosshogx

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • Monday Night Crew.com
« Reply #146 on: October 09, 2009, 02:58:47 PM »
I forgot to add Dexter to my Sunday line up.
30 Rock isn't on right now.
I don't like the lead girl in Glee, she is too broadway for TV.
I watch Top Model from time to time, but I'm not dependent on new episodes, reruns are just fine.
I saw few episodes of Califonication when it first started, but it just seemed like an excuse for Moulder to get naked with women of varying degrees of attractiveness.
Not a fan of The Office and never watched Ugly Betty.

Mad Men is something I've meaning to check out, but I want to start from the beginning.

I'd add the Big Bang Theory to your line up, but it's on Monday's (9:30 ABC) so it doesn't help your Tue-Thur dilemma. 
www.mondaynightcrew.com
A video game webcomic that's updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Wii 2338-1768-8759-4933
Planet Puzzle League 180490-316211
Advance Wars 171922-891988

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 10, 2009, 01:21:44 AM »
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Infinity/10
Seriously. This is the funniest show ever made by humans. If you have never seen it, you absolutely owe it to yourself and your country to change that weakness about you. You can watch all of them on Hulu or fxnetworks.com for free, I believe, at least the current season. It's basically like Seinfeld, only the characters are complete assholes and alcoholics.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 10, 2009, 04:39:29 AM »
^I agree with this completely.

I just watched the most recent episode and it almost made me **** my pants.

true story

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 19, 2009, 01:39:24 PM »
Dexter

Oh ****/10

Did not see that coming at all!