Author Topic: Predict When Nintendo Will Unveil the NX!  (Read 34211 times)

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Predict When Nintendo Will Unveil the NX!
« Reply #100 on: September 15, 2016, 04:15:47 PM »
If Nintendo delayed the NX too much they would essentially be taking a year off from the console market.  That kind of absence would probably destroy any remaining relevance they still have in that market.  It should take something really big to push them to do that.  And it would be kind of ridiculous.  If Nintendo had half a brain they should have been seriously planning their Wii U replacement strategy after about a year of it on the market.  It was clear very early on that the Wii U wasn't going anywhere and they needed to try to come back with its successor.  So if they're behind on game development or manufacturing or something like that and have to delay things, well that's their own stupid fault.  They've had years to plan this out.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 15, 2016, 07:00:08 PM »
If they did that, they'd better release BotW or people would be PISSED.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 15, 2016, 09:12:57 PM »
Death of a president, new president stepping in and changing a few of the set plans, like chip specs and models, a few system features, and budgets to rush this all out the door? All that could cause a pretty big delay, especially if you want good yields on production.

Complete speculation on my part based on events and rumors, but I'm just playing catch up on all this NX news.

And WiiU has been dead for years to me, so next fall is a wait I'm willing to take, if it means getting it right this time.

Oh, and I forgot all about the new Zelda game. LOL

Offline Oedo

• This title is an insult!
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 15, 2016, 11:15:01 PM »
I think people might be jumping the gun a bit on a delay. Nintendo announced their intention to wait until after June (well "after E3," but it didn't make sense to do it in June if they weren't going to do it at E3) to unveil the console back in April. It's been their plan to reveal it in the second half of the year for a while now and, whether it got announced in August or it'll get announced in October, it was always going to be a relatively short turnaround from reveal to release. Whether or not this is a good idea is a separate issue, but It's clear that a long, drawn out media campaign isn't part of their plan. If November rolls around and they've said nothing then, yeah, a March release looks starts to look questionable, but I think we've just now hit the point where we could have reasonably started to expect a reveal.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 15, 2016, 11:27:11 PM »
The Wii was offically revealed at E3 2006 on May 9th.  The system was released in North America first on November 14, a little over 6 months later.  Right now, if the system is planned for an end of March 2017 launch, they could still reveal it during the next 2 weeks and it would still match the timeline that the Wii had between reveal and launch.

Of course lets be honest here, Nintendo could have revealed the Wii a few months later and it still would have taken the world by storm at the end of 2006 so it's not like a new system has to be revealed exactly 6 months before launch to be a success.  So if the NX has a good lineup for launch it's not like there's some magic deadline that they have to reveal it by now or else the system will suddenly bomb because they missed this imaginary line.

Plus like I already said earlier in the thread, they're probably waiting until after Paper Mario is released so they never have to mention the word Wii U ever again.  The NX is the future to Nintendo and if they plan on revealing an amazing lineup of games for the systems launch period, they probably don't want to talk about the final Exclusive Wii U game since reminding people of the Wii U after showing the NX will remind people of the terrible post launch drought that system had and they might start to question the NX post launch even if the reveal is amazing.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #105 on: September 16, 2016, 07:19:25 AM »
Wasn't the Wii hype train kicked off when the lineup at E3 was ungodly long, though?
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 16, 2016, 08:46:30 AM »
Wasn't the Wii hype train kicked off when the lineup at E3 was ungodly long, though?

That's true but at the same time, the NX flagship launch title is Breath of the Wild which also had similar ungodly lines at this years E3 as well.  That's something everyone seems to forget about the NX.  Even though the system itself wasn't shown at E3, Nintendo was able to show off it's biggest killer app launch game which was a huge hit. 

And before anyone goes, "but it's a Wii U game", yeah just like Twilight Princess was a Gamecube game.  We all know the NX version will be the only version mentioned in the TV ads and demoed at all NX reveal events and have about 10 times more copies shipped.  To the general public, Breath of the Wild will basically be an NX exclusive to them since they won't even know this Wii U version even exist.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 24, 2016, 01:52:46 PM »
You all laughed at me, but I'm still on track to win this thing!

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 26, 2016, 12:56:34 PM »

I'm still standing by my laughing at you prediction. However, there are 20 official guessers and your longshot guess has allowed you to outlast half of them so there is that. We are in the TOPHATANT123 era and the halfway point. If nothing is announced by Sept. 28, then he will be incorrect and that will mark 11/20 incorrect guesses.

I've also added the Just For Fun guess section to the original post so that others can join in this great ineffective prediction of the future. It also allowed me to add a couple predictions that I didn't include before because they were not a single date like ThePerm's prediction of the Month of November and a couple others.

Finally, I thought I'd add a big red wrong next to all those who have lost so far in the prediction game just to rub it in a bit more. Oh man, I really hope I was right in my prediction now. I don't want the red stain of wrongness to tarnish my name. I think that's the missing element we've needed to spice things up as we near the two month mark (Oct. 3) of this game.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 26, 2016, 01:19:26 PM »

I've also added the Just For Fun guess section to the original post so that others can join in this great ineffective prediction of the future.

Since I missed out on the original game, I'd like to submit my guess as October 31st for the "Just for Fun" section, because the NX is going to be spooooooky.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 26, 2016, 01:51:43 PM »
It's NoneXistent. Like a ghost!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 26, 2016, 06:14:57 PM »
and no one chose next Tuesday, Oct 4th.

mark that one Khush, but mark it as the "L" Date.
L standing for Lost, as in everyone took a L that day, since no one guessed it.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=47643.msg904020#msg904020

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 27, 2016, 03:18:54 PM »
I'm still standing by my laughing at you prediction.
Well good, it was a joke guess, so I've still succeeded!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 27, 2016, 03:22:50 PM »

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=47643.msg904020#msg904020

Might be jumping ahead of yourself there. There's no official confirmation yet that the NX is being revealed or spoken about on that date. However, even though no one specifically chose it, Adrock would be the winner in that case for getting closest to the date without going over. We shall see though. I still think it's going to be a few more weeks yet.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 27, 2016, 06:15:25 PM »
NX is going to unveiled on Friday. Just you wait.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 27, 2016, 07:45:55 PM »
It actually just got revealed 5 minutes ago.  It was so stealth nobody noticed.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 28, 2016, 09:08:57 AM »

Might be jumping ahead of yourself there. There's no official confirmation yet that the NX is being revealed or spoken about on that date. However, even though no one specifically chose it, Adrock would be the winner in that case for getting closest to the date without going over. We shall see though. I still think it's going to be a few more weeks yet.

I'm not jumping ahead of anything. I don't think it will be revealed on that date. It's just that it was a very specific date from a dev that no one happened to pick. If it happens (and it likely won't) then everyone took an L, but when it doesn't (because it won't) the game goes on.

I was trying to think about the strategy of a reveal, before Black Friday in an attempt to overshadow sales of PS4 and XBO for Xmas, but all it would really do is kill off the Wii U's last Xmas and potentially flatline the Xmas spike for 3DS.
or would they wait till next year when the schedule is clear?

I'm still standing by end of fiscal year 2016, but hoping I'm wrong and it comes much sooner.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #117 on: October 06, 2016, 09:50:38 PM »
My Prediction November 18th.

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 07, 2016, 02:23:20 AM »
I didnt say a proper date last time. but my guess is the 24th of November.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 07, 2016, 02:50:39 AM »
Both have been added to the Just for Fun section.

Since you didn't have a proper date before but instead a week or so, I put that initial guess of yours in the Just for Fun section Lemonade. So, now you'll have two there.

Meanwhile, we've still got about another week to go in the Adrock guess era. I'm starting to worry though that Louie Turkey who comes after Adrock may yet have the winning pick. With Paper Mario now out, I feel like we are getting close to the announcement and news of the NX but I may have chosen a week too late. Time will tell, I suppose.

Offline supermario2k

• Totally not The Rat. Really.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: October 07, 2016, 09:50:33 AM »
It's not much, it could be nothing  but I have a source on the somewhat inside that gave a hint. I have a brother in law that works for a very big video game company, one I can't say because anonymity but they don't normally make games for Nintendo and they have seen NX and all he said was, it is something they are considering and thats all I have. Not much but its not nothing. Their company has never made a game for a Nintendo console and they are excited for this system, he said excited for it so that gives me pause for concern but a twinge of small hope.

No this is not a joke post but it's like I said not much. He never gives hard anything but said they are excited for it, didn't confirm they are making a game but his company scoffed at the Wii U so that says something. He has worked on some very big budget games so I sort of trust his info but like I said its not a tip its just a passing tease really which is still nothing useful not more than what we already know. But the company is not Ubisoft or EA so its one that if they do make something for NX that would be something.

Damn it I wish I had more but thats all a lot of nothing really.

As for the timeline, he gave nothing, he said they were under very strict NDA so that is all I have to go on there might be a game coming to it that would be a big deal. Not on its own per se but a sign the times might be changing. That's the extent of my inside connections. I have a friend that does coding for Windows but he is so far removed from anything useful I never ask him for info.

My brother in law has given good info on Playstation before his company loves to suck on the Sony juice but thats not much either. Actually their more of a PC company so well anyways. If you wanted inside info on Texas politics I am friends with one of the senators but thats not much. Not even friends colleagues really.

But I still think the reveal is going to be a total blind side. As for what Nintendo is waiting on who knows maybe they all finally went senile and forgot there was even a new console coming.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 07, 2016, 09:50:22 PM »
Both have been added to the Just for Fun section.

Since you didn't have a proper date before but instead a week or so, I put that initial guess of yours in the Just for Fun section Lemonade. So, now you'll have two there.

Meanwhile, we've still got about another week to go in the Adrock guess era. I'm starting to worry though that Louie Turkey who comes after Adrock may yet have the winning pick. With Paper Mario now out, I feel like we are getting close to the announcement and news of the NX but I may have chosen a week too late. Time will tell, I suppose.
I mean I did win my fantasy baseball league this year so I'm obviously good at picking things.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 19, 2016, 10:37:04 PM »
I'm going to have to change my date from November to October 20th.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 19, 2016, 10:47:48 PM »
I think this contest was rigged.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 19, 2016, 10:56:15 PM »
Oct. 20, 2016 - Khushrenada

You have got to be fucking kidding me...
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent