Author Topic: What is everyone getting from the Steam and eshop sales!?!  (Read 2300 times)

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
What is everyone getting from the Steam and eshop sales!?!
« on: June 25, 2022, 02:28:46 PM »
I picked up about a dozen or so games so far. I might go back for another pass, I haven't decided yet.

Either way my haul is as follows.

• To the Moon - It's supposed to be a really good game I've heard great things about.

• Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet - The game is something of a spiritual successor to Freedom Wars in terms of gameplay and while the gameplay in Freedom Wars isn't the reason to play the game Freedom Wars is still one of the better Monster Hunter clones out there.
  • Minit - The game's description gave me half minute hero vibes and that was enough for me at that price.

• OneShot - It just looks weird
  • Thimbleweed Park is a game I already had on Switch but it is a point and click. Point and click games should be played with Keyboard and Mouse.

• Flower is a neat tech demo-y thing that I want to be able to play in bed sometime but the Vita version lacks the graphical quality that game deserves.

• The Frog Fractions DLC gives you a hat and is totally not supposed to be a second campaign for the game.

• Super Squidlit and Squidlit are a pair of charming Game Boy style platformers. I already played Squidlit on Switch but the game is like an hour long and was only 55 cents on Steam.

• Whispers of a Machine and Kathy Rain: Director's Cutare a pair of interesting looking point and click games with cool spritework based on the trailer.

• NyxQuest: Kindred Spirits was supposed to be a really good Wiiware game that managed to escape to Steam.

What did everyone else get?

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
Re: What is everyone getting from the Steam and eshop sales!?!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2022, 10:43:46 AM »
I have already mentioned this twice before realizing there was a thread just for it  :-[
I picked up The Touryst, which is Shin'en's latest game. The one with the Minecrafty art style. I am not sure what it is about, just trusting the devs for quality.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
Re: What is everyone getting from the Steam and eshop sales!?!
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2022, 01:02:39 AM »
Dawn of the Monsters - Was iffy on the sale price but had 400 gold points to burn so that made the price just about right. A kaiju-inspired beat 'em up & there's an Ultraman-like playable hero in there? Hell yeah.

Huntdown
- You'd think it would be a cyberpunk Contra, but it feels more like Castlevania had the Belmonts used guns since you can't shoot in all directions.

Mighty Goose - Got a week or so ago. Not a bad Metal Slug clone, but not quite as hard since it seems better geared for solo play. It has a 2-player option, but the 2nd player is taking over whatever AI partner the 1st player unlocked & not another goose.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2022, 01:10:03 AM by GK »
Mission...complete?