Author Topic: NWR Monster Hunter Club  (Read 480758 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: NWR Monster Hunter Club
« Reply #1775 on: October 19, 2010, 04:03:50 AM »
Hmm if those bug maws weren't such a pain to get I'd try that status armor...I have a poison longsword just sitting in my inventory. Have the material to turn it into either a second fire one or para. Just not inspired to do either.

I'll check if you can replace the Bhaenbra with Giganox parts since both can get Status attack up.

Edit:Don't think it will work without affecting all the skills that I mentioned.

I saw a few sets without Bhenabra and those were Giganox + armor. Other one I saw had HR Helios head,body,arm and low rank Helios and finally Vangus feet. Gemmed in status attack up.

Easiest way to kill those bugs is to make poison smoke bombs and get them in one area right next to you then use the poison smoke bomb. Gun them with poison shots. Another one is to kick them until they are stunned then carve.Last method can sometimes kill your prey instead of stunning.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 01:32:48 PM by Maxi »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: October 19, 2010, 01:56:21 PM »
I handle those Rathians better than I thought would. The Diablos, on the other hand, is a different story.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: October 19, 2010, 03:26:11 PM »
I handle those Rathians better than I thought would. The Diablos, on the other hand, is a different story.

Diablos is the most appropriately-named monster in the game.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: October 19, 2010, 08:10:54 PM »
Anybody up for a good Diablos hunt tonight? I will be on at about 11 PM EST tonight if anybody is interested.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: October 19, 2010, 09:25:05 PM »

What about Deviljho?

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: October 20, 2010, 12:27:25 PM »
WE shuld call our hunting party the NWR Wolf Pack.

Offline noname2200

• View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: October 20, 2010, 04:29:28 PM »

What about Deviljho?

Nah.  Deviljho's tough and all, but once you boost your equipment he's not all that frustrating anymore.  Diablos, on the other hand, is so damn jittery that every fight with him becomes an exercise in frustration.  And his vulnerability to sonic bombs is a dirty, dirty lie!  :@

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: October 20, 2010, 08:26:56 PM »
Any one up for a hunt tonight at 11 PM EST?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1783 on: October 21, 2010, 07:26:08 PM »
Anybody up to play tonight?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: October 21, 2010, 11:13:01 PM »
I defeated Diablos and Barioth offline on my onw, Maxi. As for Rathalos, I am still having trouble beating him, but I plan to focus on upgrading my Rathalos armor before I take him on again. I still do not have Rathalos armor for my arms because I need a Rathalos plate. However, I decided to buy a Rathian arm armor to take its place temporarily until I can figur something else out for the time being.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #1785 on: October 22, 2010, 06:16:24 PM »
Yeah, the Rathian to Rathalos armor switch was my original plan but after noticing only Rathian's armor had the actual fire resistance armor skill with health boost I stuck with it. Well tried to. Ended up making Rathalos' chest plate before Rathian's

By the way, check out your inventory every now & then, especially those talismans. On more than one occasion I've improved a set by finding a better talisman than I already put into an equipment set.   
Mission...complete?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: October 22, 2010, 07:29:03 PM »
And his vulnerability to sonic bombs is a dirty, dirty lie!  :@
I know how you feel, I still haven't been able to figure out exactly when to throw it to stun the beast.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: October 22, 2010, 07:34:24 PM »
And his vulnerability to sonic bombs is a dirty, dirty lie!  :@
I know how you feel, I still haven't been able to figure out exactly when to throw it to stun the beast.

The best time to use Sonic bombs is right after he digs into the ground. I caught him in the middle of the ground and beat the stump off of him.

Check out this cool picture.

http://klxy.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/rathalos_vs_tigrex_by_terekjet.jpg
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 07:55:34 PM by Kytim89 »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1788 on: October 25, 2010, 11:07:38 PM »
I'm getting on in a few mins. Usual room.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: October 27, 2010, 02:10:10 AM »
Sometimes I don't know why I keep playing with randoms. Ran into a guy using a rusted great sword & had no armor skills save for -20 water & yet he outranked me. Seemed overly surprised when he fainted during the Double Trouble quest. Between him & the guy that thought running over to me while I was stunned & low on life in order to lure both wyvern over to finish me off was a great tactic, I bailed & saved my potions for something less wasteful.
Mission...complete?

Offline noname2200

• View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: October 27, 2010, 11:20:52 AM »
Sometimes I don't know why I keep playing with randoms. Ran into a guy using a rusted great sword & had no armor skills save for -20 water & yet he outranked me. Seemed overly surprised when he fainted during the Double Trouble quest. Between him & the guy that thought running over to me while I was stunned & low on life in order to lure both wyvern over to finish me off was a great tactic, I bailed & saved my potions for something less wasteful.

For the former, I know folks who go out of their way to make the game extra-challenging for themselves, such as by taking on HR Diabolos with no armor and an iron lance, so you probably drew one of the those.

For the latter, I know plenty of folks who are plain old dicks, so you probably drew one of those...

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: October 27, 2010, 12:37:56 PM »
I am not the perfect hunter, but I do try to pull my own weight the best that I can do on  hunts.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: October 27, 2010, 01:24:15 PM »

For the former, I know folks who go out of their way to make the game extra-challenging for themselves, such as by taking on HR Diabolos with no armor and an iron lance, so you probably drew one of the those.

For the latter, I know plenty of folks who are plain old dicks, so you probably drew one of those...

Yeah, I assumed he was trying to challenge himself thus why I didn't leave town before even starting the quests. If everyone was on their game there was always a chance of still winning. It wasn't until they were both struggling on Rathian before Rathalos joined that I started to wonder...I don't think either remembered to bring antidotes or dung bombs judging from how long they stayed poisoned.

Yep. I think my worst experience in that area had to be against a Qurupecco that had summoned a Diablos. I kept wondering what the heck was everyone doing while Diablos was hounding me & Pecco was hopping around by himself. I didn't realize until I watched myself faint that all 3 hunters were shadowing me the whole time. Stayed to finish that one but refused to waste my life powers to save someone else later on.
Mission...complete?

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: October 27, 2010, 01:30:34 PM »
I am not the perfect hunter, but I do try to pull my own weight the best that I can do on  hunts.

I don't think any good hunter would call themselves perfect. We all specialize in an area or two while lacking in others.

I see myself as a damn good hammer user & pretty handy with a great sword too but my defensive skills are lacking so my armor skills tend to focus on protection & keeping me alive. A big flaw with being a hammer guy is that I can't cut off tails so I try to focus on the head or legs of a monster while trying to stay out of the way of the tail cutters on my team.
Mission...complete?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: October 27, 2010, 06:55:16 PM »
Yeah, I assumed he was trying to challenge himself thus why I didn't leave town before even starting the quests.
To be honest, I still don't think that's acceptable behavior in a public room. I want to get through quests as fast as possible because otherwise they will take far too long to complete, so I want everyone to give it their all. If people want to use weak weapons and no armour then they should go start a club or something.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: October 27, 2010, 08:08:02 PM »
I am pretty dangerous with my Red Bludgeon hammer. I have killed many beasts with that hammer. Although I consider myself to be an all weapons kind of guy, I find that I prefer impact damage over cutting damage. The hardest part about being a hammer guy is compensating your speed to accomodate that of the monster being hunted. It is better to sheath your hammer and once the monster leaves himself open for attack swoop in and beat the crap out of him and then get away and repeat the process.

I like using the long swords as well, especielly the flame long sword. Although I have been using my water lance to hunt Rathalos, Diablos and Uragaan. I tore those three to pieces with that lance. I would like to get into great swords and then sword and sheild once again.

I do not like the bowguns, so I might not ever try those in the field. I tried them once and did not like the vulnerability that reloading gave me when fighting fast enemies. Although I noticed i that in other MH titles thre was the option to hunt with a bow and arrow and I would not mind using that weapon rather than the bowgun.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1796 on: November 01, 2010, 12:41:28 PM »
Hey apdude did you ever finish up your armor for your Rank 5 urgent? If I recall correctly you were going to use Ingot armor and the ice sword and shield.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: November 01, 2010, 04:18:27 PM »
Hey apdude did you ever finish up your armor for your Rank 5 urgent? If I recall correctly you were going to use Ingot armor and the ice sword and shield.

Haven't really had much time to put into the game since.  Lots of traveling for work amongst other things coming up have conspired against me.  I'd really like to get thru the rank 5 urgent some time soon but it's not looking likely.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1798 on: November 01, 2010, 04:22:25 PM »
Well be sure to let me know when you can play. I'd like to help you get ready for your urgent.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: November 01, 2010, 05:37:25 PM »
Well be sure to let me know when you can play. I'd like to help you get ready for your urgent.

Are you hunting tonight? If so, I will be on tonight at 11 PM EST. I want to try and get to rank 40 online soon. Also, I beat Agnaktor and Uragaan the other day on offline mode. It was tough, but I managed to take him down with my lance.