Author Topic: NWR Monster Hunter Club  (Read 477962 times)

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
Re: NWR Monster Hunter Club
« Reply #1725 on: October 02, 2010, 06:21:47 PM »
Is there any way that Capcom could bring over that new Bear creature, Aoshira, from Monster Hunter Portable 3rd to the Tri servers for us to hunt. I would not mind taking him on and perhaps this new wolf wyvern that is similar to Lagiacrus.

http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Aoashira
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: October 02, 2010, 06:27:31 PM »
No. We have to wait for a new Monster Hunter to release.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: October 02, 2010, 06:41:18 PM »
No. We have to wait for a new Monster Hunter to release.

I have a feeling that the game will be ported over to the 3DS because of the online structure that the 3DS has to offer for a multiplayer game.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: October 02, 2010, 06:55:50 PM »
The Wii version performed OK but not enough to warrant a new one this late in the console cycle I think. I'm hoping that it does ensure a sequel on either the 3DS or the Wii2.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1729 on: October 02, 2010, 07:03:48 PM »
From what I seen that Monster Hunter Tri has sold 1.8 mil copies worldwide. It really depends on if the Wii successor is coming within 2 years. If it comes 2 years from now then I think we won't get a sequel on Wii. After 2 years I think we will get another game for Wii.

Well I think I am done getting more lances.I'll just upgrade my sleep and ala lance fully.

I think I have only 1 fully upgraded long sword so I may go after those next. I read some good things about the shadow binder para long sword. 
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 07:07:45 PM by Maxi »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: October 02, 2010, 10:27:43 PM »
Unless CapCom specifically programmed Monster Hunter Tri to have DLC (which they did not), there is no way to add content to the game.

The Monster Hunter series seems to sell better on portables so one on the 3DS is far more likely than another Wii version.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: October 03, 2010, 10:09:05 AM »
My biggest complaint about Monster Hunter Tri is that it had too many reptiles and dragons of what not to fight. I want to fight more mammilian monsters such as this Aoshira creature.

I would have also liked to have had a sea battle similar to that of the Jhen Mohran hunt. Basically the player and three other characters ride on a sail boat and battle either a Megalodon, Preadator X, Leviathan or Kraken-esque creature that is of comparble size to Mohran. A similar fight, but on the sea. Also, this creature would be big enough to swollow Lagiacrus whole in one bite.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: October 03, 2010, 04:43:08 PM »
I actually feel similarly, the game doesn't have all that many monsters yet there are quite a few similarities between them. They're almost separated into types, with Rathain, Rathalos and Diablos as one; Royal Ludroth, Lagiacrus, and Agnaktor as another; Barroth, Uragaan, and Deviljho are samey; and Great Jaggi and Great Baggi are like a palette swap. Even Gigginox and Barioth sometimes strike a similar pose. Alatreon and Jhen Morhan are the only two 100% unique monsters.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: October 03, 2010, 06:07:35 PM »
I actually feel similarly, the game doesn't have all that many monsters yet there are quite a few similarities between them. They're almost separated into types, with Rathain, Rathalos and Diablos as one; Royal Ludroth, Lagiacrus, and Agnaktor as another; Barroth, Uragaan, and Deviljho are samey; and Great Jaggi and Great Baggi are like a palette swap. Even Gigginox and Barioth sometimes strike a similar pose. Alatreon and Jhen Morhan are the only two 100% unique monsters.

This is why I am interested in Monster Hunter Frontier because Capcom seems to have diversified the monster roster. I just hope they bring it over to the west for all of us to play.

Rathian, Rathalos, Barriorth, Gigginox and Diablos = Wyverns
Lagiacrus, Royal Ludroth and Agnaktor = Leviathans(new comers)
Barroth, Uragaan and Deviljho = Brute Wyverns
Great Baggi and Jaggi = some kind of derivative of wyvern species

I can not help but notice that there are way too many Wyverns. They shpuld have Barrioth a mmal and Gigginox his own species. Also, a plant monster would be kind of cool, too.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1734 on: October 04, 2010, 01:42:04 AM »
Does anybody want to play?

If not then I will go back to figuring out how to get Sharpness +1, Focus and elemental attack up set made for the long sword.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: October 04, 2010, 09:40:19 PM »
I might be on tonight around 10 PM EST.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: October 05, 2010, 12:58:51 PM »
I should be able to show tonight. Again, just gathering stuff so I can go pretty much wherever. Not too keen on Deviljho until I land a Lagia Sapphire & upgrade to an Epitaph Blade though. Tried attacking him with a hammer in quests had that he showed up in(but after actually finishing it) & wasn't really connecting with it.
Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1737 on: October 05, 2010, 01:13:49 PM »
Yeah Deviljho can be tough if you are not prepared for it. I don't like fighting Jho if he just shows up during some High Rank quest. I might just mess around and try to attack him while others try to finish the quest but I really only like to fight it with a lance on quests that you have to fight it.

I even used my sleep Sword to fight it just to put it asleep for laughs.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 01:15:57 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: October 05, 2010, 01:36:27 PM »
Same here. It's why I wait until the quest is over since him hitting me won't mean anything. Glad I did since before those test runs I assumed the same set I used for Alatreon would work on Deviljho too. The attack/defense & skills are right, it's just that the hammer wasn't working out like I had hoped.
Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1739 on: October 05, 2010, 05:42:00 PM »
So do you have a time in mind GK on when you want to meet up?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1740 on: October 05, 2010, 08:51:03 PM »
Who would like to hunt Lagiacrus and Barroth tonight at around 10 PM EST?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: October 05, 2010, 11:02:37 PM »
Are you around Maxi?

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: October 06, 2010, 12:01:32 AM »
So do you have a time in mind GK on when you want to meet up?

When I get home from work...about nowish.
Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1743 on: October 06, 2010, 12:04:08 AM »
Wow I just woke up because I had a Wiimail I had to check so this is good timing.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: October 06, 2010, 01:39:29 AM »
Same here. It's why I wait until the quest is over since him hitting me won't mean anything. Glad I did since before those test runs I assumed the same set I used for Alatreon would work on Deviljho too. The attack/defense & skills are right, it's just that the hammer wasn't working out like I had hoped.
I've seen Deviljho lay out many a hammer user, so I don't think it is the ideal weapon against it. Something which can block seems almost a necessity.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1745 on: October 06, 2010, 02:33:29 AM »
Hey Mop it up the Hot Deal event quest is up. Maybe sometime tommorow we can play?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: October 06, 2010, 04:04:49 AM »
Maybe, since I didn't tonight. No one was online when I checked, looks like I was an hour or two too early.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1747 on: October 06, 2010, 04:08:06 AM »
Yeah I usually get on at 8pm PST but I was kinda tired earlier. If you can play what time would work for you?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: October 06, 2010, 04:10:54 AM »
That time sounds good. That's when I asked tonight.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: October 06, 2010, 10:38:55 AM »
I've seen Deviljho lay out many a hammer user, so I don't think it is the ideal weapon against it. Something which can block seems almost a necessity.

Yeah, came to that conclusion as well. Only downer to the weapon switch is the loss of the 3 gem slots Great Gaiarch G has though I think that only reduces Attack Up M to an S so it'll still get the job done.
Mission...complete?