Author Topic: NWR Monster Hunter Club  (Read 481285 times)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: NWR Monster Hunter Club
« Reply #1275 on: August 05, 2010, 01:01:30 AM »
It was really fun to get online with a couple of the guys from the forum and hunt some monsters.  Good times.
The girls are fun too! We just have a broken system at the moment!

...Why do I say "we" as if I'm not the only one?  :'(

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: August 05, 2010, 01:27:48 AM »
Well, there could be some closet females. Anyone could be a girl as it's easy to hide that without owning or using a WiiSpeak. We do have a Male to Female ratio of 8.8 to 1 and it didn't get that low overnight. It used to be at 11 to 1.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: August 05, 2010, 02:28:50 AM »
So you're saying Sundoulos is a girl, and that's why she doesn't use her Wii Speak? I knew it!

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1278 on: August 05, 2010, 03:58:01 AM »
Glad we could help with your Rank 2 urgent Kytim. I had to go because it is late.

For new armor I would look into the Rathlos armor and upgrade your Barroth armor.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: August 05, 2010, 08:54:18 AM »
So you're saying Sundoulos is a girl, and that's why she doesn't use her Wii Speak? I knew it!
Don't listen to her, everyone.  After all, Mop it up is the one sporting the avatar of a character who has gender identity issues.

lol.  As I've said before, Wii Speak would be fine if it were actually in a headseat form.  The problem that I usually have to play late at night, and my Wii is set up s next to the bedrooms in the house.  If I turn up the volume too high, I'll wake up my wife and kid; if it's too low, I usually can't hear what is said.  Talking too loud creates the same issue.  The most simple solution was to use a keyboard.

I did buy a nice Logitech USB headset hoping that it would be recognized on the Wii Speak channel (as someone suggested near the beginning of the thread) or at least there would be some option to divert the output to the headset.  Apparently some of the old logitech headset systems would register as a Wii Speak device;  I didn't have any luck with this newer model.  I guess I should get a USB to audio adapter at least so that I can hear at a decent volume.
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: August 05, 2010, 04:59:55 PM »
I have upgraded my barroth armor. If we all hunt tonight I want to take on the hunts of Barioth, Gigginox, Diablos and Uragon and possibly Rathalos and if we have time, maybe Lagiacrus again because I need some parts for a Lagi switch axe and sword and shield.

Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: August 05, 2010, 05:11:50 PM »
How about we call the volcanoe leve "Mount Doom"?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1282 on: August 05, 2010, 05:57:16 PM »
I have upgraded my barroth armor. If we all hunt tonight I want to take on the hunts of Barioth, Gigginox, Diablos and Uragon and possibly Rathalos and if we have time, maybe Lagiacrus again because I need some parts for a Lagi switch axe and sword and shield.

I don't think you are ready for most of those yet.Giganox,Lagiacrus and Rathlos most likely.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: August 05, 2010, 06:37:39 PM »

I don't think you are ready for most of those yet.Giganox,Lagiacrus and Rathlos most likely.

What do you mean, Maxi? Also, after tonight, I will prbably take a break from the game because I have not been getting much sleep at all in the last few days.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1284 on: August 05, 2010, 06:46:35 PM »
What I meant was that Giganox,Lagiacrus, and Rathlos I think you could handle.

Barioth and Diablos are quick and can kill you quickly.

After tonight try to work on offline things.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: August 05, 2010, 09:19:09 PM »
What I meant was that Giganox,Lagiacrus, and Rathlos I think you could handle.

Barioth and Diablos are quick and can kill you quickly.

After tonight try to work on offline things.

I just like the social aspect of online hunting. I also plan to return to offline as soon as I build up my armor(s) and weapons. I want Lagiacrus armor and weapons and Rathalos armor(full set).

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: August 05, 2010, 09:27:19 PM »
Online hunting of course rocks but yeah, playing offline helps gather materials that you never got around to getting online. Having some monsters appear in the forecast helps you from having to redo old quests & you can quick return to Mogo Village if the going gets tough. Can test out weapons & armor as well as improve tactics too.

That aside, I find hunting offline a good way to gauge how far I've come as a hunter in general.
Mission...complete?

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: August 05, 2010, 10:24:17 PM »
Maxi, since you are my mentor could you give a progress report on my performance?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1288 on: August 05, 2010, 10:54:25 PM »
Hmm you need to work on underwater fights. If you intend to use the hammer underwater you kinda need to know when to attack and when to evade. There is something called hits per turn. A good example of this is Punch Out!! Basically you have a set amount of time to get your hits in before you have to evade. Another part of this is take what the monster is giving you.Don't get Greedy.

It is more important in Monster Hunter because time you are healing is time you could be attacking. Since there is a time limit this gets important at the Rank 3 urgent quest and above HR31. So it would be a good idea to try to work on that before then. Another thing that Monster Hunter has in common is "tells". In Punch Out!! your foe does something before it attacks. Same thing with Monster Hunter. A few examples are Lagiacrus falling back then coiling itself before charging and Rathlos turning its head back before firing a fireball.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: August 05, 2010, 11:43:54 PM »
All right! I've had some dinner and a nice nap. Who wants to hunt?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1290 on: August 05, 2010, 11:52:34 PM »
I would be happy to hunt with you.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: August 05, 2010, 11:53:36 PM »
I'm here in the usual room with someone named "TRUNKS," whom I'm assuming is Kytim89. The person is in a quest so I haven't gotten a chance to talk yet.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1292 on: August 06, 2010, 05:26:49 AM »
Good hunting with you guys.

Stratos I just saw you. I was hunting for Lagi parts. I only need one Lagia Saphire to upgrade my switchaxe. I can upgrade one of the ways but not the other. Power or affenity? I can get the affenty now but I'm not sure yet.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: August 06, 2010, 06:28:42 AM »
Curse my accursed connection...
Mission...complete?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: August 06, 2010, 04:46:05 PM »
I heard a message ping as I was quitting. Sorry.
My Game Collection

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: August 06, 2010, 04:56:32 PM »
I was watching Predator 2 the other night and at the end when Danny Glover finally kills the Predator in the spaceship and is then confronted by the pack of other Pradators, it kind of reminded me of all of us in our hunting armor. Strange as it sounds, but all the various armor and weapons they use kind of reminds me of Monster Hunter. Second, I wish Capcom would have included a trophy room like the Predator had where the skulls of all the monsters you kill are placed in there as trophies.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1296 on: August 06, 2010, 05:04:32 PM »

Did you manage to get any quests in?

Kytim um that is kinda gross.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: August 06, 2010, 05:06:47 PM »
What's so gross about mounting the heads of your kills in a trophy room? Would look pretty cool if you asked me. Show them in proper scale according to their size. That way if you bag an exceptionally huge specimen it just dominates the wall.
My Game Collection

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: August 06, 2010, 05:36:00 PM »

Did you manage to get any quests in?

Kytim um that is kinda gross.

I have an uncle who is a hunter and taxodermist and he has deer and other game heads mounted on his wall.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1299 on: August 06, 2010, 06:14:34 PM »
Thats nice to know Kytim.
Alexis, she/her/Miss