Author Topic: NWR Monster Hunter Club  (Read 481348 times)

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
Re: NWR Monster Hunter Club
« Reply #1200 on: July 30, 2010, 01:39:05 AM »
After beating Barroth in the the urgent quest, the LV 2 quests are still not open on the online mode. I really want the lagiacrus sword and dragonite ore.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: July 30, 2010, 02:49:54 AM »
Have you reached HR9 yet? You have to be HR9 before lvl 2 opens. Also, Lagiacrus and Dragonite Ore are both lvl 3 stuff.

In addition to what Maxi said, note that only people who have a Wii Speak themselves can hear you. If someone has a little yellow megaphone icon next to their name, it means they have Wii Speak active.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1202 on: July 30, 2010, 03:12:11 AM »
I tried to talk Kytim through it when he had his mic muted but it didn't seem to work. Does someone have to be friended to hear them?

On another note I and one other person did the Rank 6 Gobul and Laggi quest. Had like 5 mins left. I had no health items left and carted 2 times.

I was going to do a 2 Barioth quest but it was getting late.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 03:16:18 AM by Maxi »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: July 30, 2010, 03:16:48 AM »
Yes. You can use Wii Speak only with someone who is on your list, and you on their list.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1204 on: July 30, 2010, 03:18:54 AM »
Well that explains it. I'm on Kytims list but he isn't on my list yet.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1205 on: July 30, 2010, 12:52:12 PM »
So what HR is everybody now?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 12:56:45 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: July 30, 2010, 02:43:54 PM »
Somewhere in the 40's, I forget. I'm gonna guess & say 44 for now. Think I went up a rank this morning.
Mission...complete?

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: July 30, 2010, 02:50:13 PM »
I tried to talk Kytim through it when he had his mic muted but it didn't seem to work. Does someone have to be friended to hear them?

On another note I and one other person did the Rank 6 Gobul and Laggi quest. Had like 5 mins left. I had no health items left and carted 2 times.

I was going to do a 2 Barioth quest but it was getting late.

Upper rank Lagiacrus is brutal. The lower rank Lagi armor is nearly useless & he's a bit more aggressive than before in my opinion. Luckily it was a rare occasion that I brought a trap & tranq bombs along to capture him since the other two attempts by my partners failed.
Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1208 on: July 30, 2010, 05:02:03 PM »
I used Ingot+ armor.I gemmed in Fire resistance and Dragon resistance as well. I use it because of the strong thunder resistance.
I think at High rank Laggi has a new electric attack which has more range than previously. I used my Fire Long sword on it.I usually use my Lance with that armor since the lance gives me more defence.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: July 30, 2010, 07:54:03 PM »
I am currently HR 8 and plan to raise my rank atleast two points. I will be on tonight at about 10 PM EST.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: July 30, 2010, 09:25:49 PM »
I think I'm somewhere in the 80's, but I'm not sure. Rank no longer grants me anything, so I don't pay attention to it anymore.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: July 30, 2010, 09:27:32 PM »
I think I'm somewhere in the 80's, but I'm not sure. Rank no longer grants me anything, so I don't pay attention to it anymore.

I have fallen far behind all you guys.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: July 30, 2010, 09:32:46 PM »
Eh, it doesn't matter to me. I'll play with anyone here. The only reason you haven't seen me yet is because my system is in for repair.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: July 30, 2010, 09:34:22 PM »
I used Ingot+ armor.I gemmed in Fire resistance and Dragon resistance as well. I use it because of the strong thunder resistance.
I think at High rank Laggi has a new electric attack which has more range than previously. I used my Fire Long sword on it.I usually use my Lance with that armor since the lance gives me more defence.

Yeah, I use my fire longsword on it myself. That's the main reason why I still use the lower rank armor due to its element attack boost ability. I can't take much damage but at least I can still dish it out.

Unfortunately while I did cap one most of the items weren't upper rank stuff so only the gloves were upgraded to + levels now. Have to find some hunters willing to farm that thing a few times. Lately everyone I've come across wants Gobul parts...
Mission...complete?

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: July 30, 2010, 09:40:11 PM »
I named my hunter "Trunks." I need Gobul and Gigginox parts along with some dragonite ore.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 09:42:03 PM by Kytim89 »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1215 on: July 31, 2010, 06:31:14 AM »
I'll help hunt Lagi. I never have enough horns.

Had to work tonight but I know I'm not working tomorrow. I'm already in massive overtime.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: July 31, 2010, 09:28:43 AM »
I'm off today & work tomorrow though. Then again as late as everyone tends to stay up I may catch you guys after I'm off.
Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1217 on: July 31, 2010, 01:24:37 PM »
About Noon PST I will open up a room to help HR30 and lower level up. I just woke up and have to eat.

Edit: Opening room now.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 02:52:35 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: July 31, 2010, 10:40:06 PM »
I am so close to have a barroth armor for my hunter. All I need is  two Monster Bone L. In fact, I need two more of those to upgrade my hammer.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1219 on: July 31, 2010, 10:49:56 PM »
That is a pretty good armor to have. It is only weak to ice attacks.Also has strong thunder resistance.

We will get those Barroth parts.

Edit:I tried to fight Deviljho on my own today and it really didn't work to well. That is fine though since it was a scouting quest.
I learned a few things. His bite makes my defense go down so I need some skill that can make me not suffer from defense reduction. Its roar can be a problem.So I need earplugs as a skill. Also its stomp can cause tremors so I need the skill tremor proof. Also is there a Dragon or thunder lance? I think I would work best fighting Deviljho with a Lance.

Is there some combonation of armor sets and gems that make this work out?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 02:38:56 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: July 31, 2010, 11:13:08 PM »
I want a fire based hammer or long sword too.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: July 31, 2010, 11:52:39 PM »
That is a pretty good armor to have. It is only weak to ice attacks.Also has strong thunder resistance.

We will get those Barroth parts.

Edit:I tried to fight Deviljho on my own today and it really didn't work to well. That is fine though since it was a scouting quest.
I learned a few things. His bite makes my attack go down so I need some skill that can make me not suffer from attack reduction. Its roar can be a problem.So I need earplugs as a skill. Also its stomp can cause tremors so I need the skill tremor proof. Also is there a Dragon or thunder lance? I think I would work best fighting Deviljho with a Lance.

Is there some combonation of armor sets and gems that make this work out?

That attack lowering is Dragonblite. Try bringing along Dragonfell Berries to cure the effects.

I have earplugs but I forget if they worked Deviljho. Some monsters like Diablos & Jhen Moran(when he's up close in phase 2) require HG earplugs.
Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1222 on: July 31, 2010, 11:59:38 PM »
A few things what do I have to put into so that I get HG Earplugs? Also how do I get tremor proof?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: August 01, 2010, 01:48:26 AM »
The skill for Earplugs is Hearing. +10 Hearing gives Earplugs, +15 gives HG Earplugs. The Helios armour has this ability.

The skill for Tremor Proof is Tremor Res. The Diablos armour has it.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1224 on: August 01, 2010, 03:22:54 AM »
Hmm Diablos armor has one drawback. It has Elemental attack down.

While Helios has 3 disadvantages. it isn't really that strong in Dragon resistance.It has -15 I think.

What about the Dober armor? It has strong Dragon resistance and  It I think has enough slots for geming in both skils I think.
Alexis, she/her/Miss