Author Topic: NWR Monster Hunter Club  (Read 478056 times)

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
Re: NWR Monster Hunter Club
« Reply #1175 on: July 28, 2010, 01:36:47 PM »
Would it be possible for anyone to trade me some dragonite ore? I need ten pieces.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: July 28, 2010, 01:51:34 PM »
The game only lets you fork over Rare1 items like potions, rations, steaks, etc. Pretty sure Dragonite is well out of the running.
Mission...complete?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: July 28, 2010, 02:17:42 PM »
Just do a volcano mission.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1178 on: July 28, 2010, 02:55:48 PM »
He isn't that high of a HR Stratos yet.
Maybe he has it unlocked in offline.I asked him but he didn't say how much of offline he finished.
Kytim I still didn't get a chance to friend you yesterday.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: July 28, 2010, 04:17:46 PM »
He isn't that high of a HR Stratos yet.
Maybe he has it unlocked in offline.I asked him but he didn't say how much of offline he finished.
Kytim I still didn't get a chance to friend you yesterday.

I just killed Qurupeco and unlocked Royal Ludroth. I have not beat him R. Ludroth, nor Gobul yet and I am still stuck in the flooded forest. I have not unlocked the Tundra or Volcanoe levels yet, though. I would like to hunt with all of you on the online mode and raise my HR and gain some items, armor and weapons to help me on the offline modes.

Maxi, from what you saw of me on the missions last night, I do not stand a chance against the coming boss battles even if I do defeat R. Ludroth and Gobul on my own. I need stronger weapons and armor. In fact, when we hunted the R. Ludroth last night I was able to upgrade my weapon to a Royal Swordafter carcing the Royal Ludroth. I want to upgrade my Hunter Rank as high as possible and  gather items from defeated monsters.

Also, I carved the R. Ludroth tail by mistake when he killed me during the fight, Maxi. I would love to hunt again with any of you. I go by the name of "Trunks."

Is there any way to use wii speak on this game's online mode?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 04:19:31 PM by Kytim89 »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1180 on: July 28, 2010, 05:07:18 PM »
Yes you can use Wii Speak in the games online mode. I do have Wii Speak though and I think it would be quicker while helping you out since when typing I kinda have to just run around and type with one hand while using the other to move around trying to avoid the monster.

Armor and weapons I will get back to you on that shortly since certain weapons can be helpful against certain monsters.

Sorry about the comment about the carving the tail. Mop it up always kept on telling me that when I carved in front of monsters so I guess it rubbed off on me.

For Royal Ludroth and Gobul it is best to have a fire weapon. The fire Long sword and the Quepeco hammer are good to have. Also it would be nice to try out the Iron Lance.I have it fully upgraded and it helped me alot. Armor for armor it is probably best to have armor with good defence early on so you can take hits well while learning the monsters patterns. I tried out getting armor that has elemental strength against certain types. Royal Ludroth is one that I used I think at least up to Rank 3 quests. then I switched to a fire resistant armor for the fire areas then an electric resistant armor.

Oh search Monster Hunter Wiki on Google and there is tons of info there about weapons and armor as well as lots of other things.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 06:44:50 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: July 28, 2010, 06:18:51 PM »
I have really dead ended as far as armor upgrades go.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: July 28, 2010, 06:24:11 PM »
The game only lets you fork over Rare1 items like potions, rations, steaks, etc. Pretty sure Dragonite is well out of the running.
It lets you give anything with a rarity rating of 1, 2, or 3. Basically, anything which can be used for forging is 4 or higher, as is some of the better consumable items like ancient potions and traps.

Sorry about the comment about the carving the tail. Mop it up always kept on telling me that when I carved in front of monsters so I guess it rubbed off on me.
Yeah, sorry, it's my only pet peeve. Accidents happen though, I certainly wouldn't deny that I've accidentally hit the button to carve, or that I wasn't thinking and got caught up in the moment. Maybe I shouldn't play so late...

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1183 on: July 28, 2010, 06:37:47 PM »

Ok what armor can you get?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: July 28, 2010, 07:01:28 PM »
Bone and alloy armors.

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #1185 on: July 28, 2010, 07:05:54 PM »

This is my problem right now.  I have TONS of monster carvings... but they're those of Great Jaggi, Qurapeco, and Barroth.  I haven't fought Lundroth as much as I've wanted to, and the only full armor sets I have are the Great Jaggi Gunner set, and the Barroth blade set.

I'd really like to hunt Rathian quite a few times so I can get that full armor set.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1186 on: July 28, 2010, 07:21:48 PM »
Bone and alloy armors.
Bone and Alloy have the same defence so it comes down to skills and resistances. Alloy probably has the better of the two early on.
I'd go with Alloy armor for now.Maybe once you beat Royal Ludroth a few times you can get that armor.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: July 28, 2010, 07:28:13 PM »
Bone and alloy armors.
Bone and Alloy have the same defence so it comes down to skills and resistances. Alloy probably has the better of the two early on.
I'd go with Alloy armor for now.Maybe once you beat Royal Ludroth a few times you can get that armor.

It's ashame because I like the way the hunter's armor that I am currently using looks kind of cool to me.  I am kind of embarrased by how much I have progressed in the game.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 07:34:26 PM by Kytim89 »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: July 28, 2010, 07:38:39 PM »
Once you get some armor spheres use them to upgrade your armor of choice.

Also, add decorations if there are slots on your armor and weapons to get special skills. Only choose one skill you want and gem for that as you need a minimun of 10 skill points for it to be worthwhile.

Yeah, sorry, it's my only pet peeve. Accidents happen though, I certainly wouldn't deny that I've accidentally hit the button to carve, or that I wasn't thinking and got caught up in the moment. Maybe I shouldn't play so late...

I like to taunt the monster sometimes by carving it's tail in it's face. I'm mean like that.  ;D

And I'm off this Friday and Saturday so I'll probably be on a lot then.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1189 on: July 28, 2010, 07:45:40 PM »
Yeah upgrading your armor can help as far as defense goes. I think I had a ingot armor like up to 4 when I got up to HR31 and it helped with the early high rank quests till I got a + armor.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: July 28, 2010, 07:58:10 PM »
I have hunter's armor with decorations up to twelve. All of my armor can not be upgraded without armor sphere plus and that is why I need dragonite ore. I need that ore to further my defenses. I have the Royal Claw as my weapon and I just bought a lance and upgraded it. I plan to practice a little offline. I plan to pause offline play except for building up items and plan to play online to build up other stuff, too.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: July 28, 2010, 09:11:29 PM »
I like to taunt the monster sometimes by carving its tail in its face. I'm mean like that.  ;D
True, that can be fun. Though I think wearing the monster's skin and flaunting it in its face is enough.

There are a couple of times when I think it's acceptable, and that's if there won't be enough time to get the tail after the quest is complete. For example, Alatreon's body can be carved six times, and its tail two times. It isn't possible to carve eight times in a minute, so you'll miss the tail if you don't get it during the fight.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: July 29, 2010, 12:25:58 AM »
It lets you give anything with a rarity rating of 1, 2, or 3. Basically, anything which can be used for forging is 4 or higher, as is some of the better consumable items like ancient potions and traps.

Yeah, what Mop it up said.

If you're going to stick with the Hunter armor because it looks cool(& it does, I must admit) better make sure to pack defense boosting items like adamant seeds & just about anything that combines with 'em along for your quests. Don't forget to get a good meal too, you'll need it.

Hunter armor's abilities are pretty neat & all but its defense doesn't really hold up in the long run.
Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1193 on: July 29, 2010, 01:05:36 AM »
I'm going to play now if anybody wants to join me.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: July 29, 2010, 01:11:53 AM »
I'm going to play now if anybody wants to join me.

I am game.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: July 29, 2010, 02:58:16 AM »
I completed all of the lvl 1 quests using the Hunter armour, so I think it is just fine for those. Once you reach lvl 2 however, then it's time to find something better.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: July 29, 2010, 07:14:42 PM »
I will be on tonight at about 10 PM EST.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1197 on: July 29, 2010, 07:37:01 PM »
Gonna eat and will be on after that.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: July 29, 2010, 08:02:19 PM »
How do I go about implementing my wii speak to this game's online mode?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1199 on: July 29, 2010, 08:45:42 PM »
Before you start the game plug in Wii Speak into your Wii. Then start the game. Before going into online check if Wii Speak is on in the options. Then head online and your Wii Speak should turn on.
That is it.

I plugged in my Wii Speak and will be getting online now.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 09:06:03 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss