Author Topic: NWR Monster Hunter Club  (Read 481357 times)

Offline PabloY

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: NWR Monster Hunter Club
« Reply #875 on: June 21, 2010, 10:53:40 PM »
Guess I'll introduce myself here... I'm HR 1 (hey, at least I can't lose rank!) and I love me some Hammers and Bowguns. I'm new to both the series and this entry in particular. So far, I have stuck to the offline mode and I'm about halfway through. I've decided to try the online mode, but I really don't enjoy online games with random strangers, they tend to involve a lot of... unpleasant individuals, so I decided to come here to at least get a feel for the community. I don't have a USB keyboard or wii speak but I do have a laptop if people use other forms of communicating. How far do you guys believe I should be offline before venturing online? I look forward to at least meeting some other people who are into the game.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #876 on: June 21, 2010, 11:03:00 PM »
Its up to you. I personally played for 3 days of the offline to get decent armor and weapons. I haven't played offline since I started playing online. Some people go through the offline entirely to get better armor and weapons than people who jump in online real quick. Considering this is your first entry into the series you can search Monster Hunter Wiki and there is lots of info there.

I'm HR26 now and I only really started playing I think on June 6th  I think.Others I have seen are HR 72 who got it back when it launched.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 11:17:19 PM by Maxi »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: June 21, 2010, 11:08:24 PM »
Mileage has varied.  Many started playing online right away, while others have waited a while.   Being able to take the Great Jaggi and Querupeco on solo is probably a good measuring stick for when you're ready to start playing online.   You're well-past that point.  I would say that you're well past the point where you can venture on line.

Some of us meet on Tuesday nights in the following location:  Wisdom 3, Gate 27, City 5.   We migrate to other cities at needed, though, admittedly, it's been a relatively small group since Memorial Day weekend.
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: June 21, 2010, 11:12:16 PM »
I don't have a USB keyboard or wii speak but I do have a laptop if people use other forms of communicating. How far do you guys believe I should be offline before venturing online?
Hi! You don't have to play single player at all, the online mode has the same quests plus many more. Though it isn't a bad idea to play to the point where the game has explained everything, but it sounds like you're far past that. As far as I know, no one uses outside communication except me, I use AIM.

Rank 50
Great Swords
I'm not helping you with Altareon. Find someone else.

Offline PabloY

• View Profile
« Reply #879 on: June 21, 2010, 11:17:55 PM »
Sounds good, but I think i'll just bite the bullet and get a USB keyboard...

Offline PabloY

• View Profile
« Reply #880 on: June 21, 2010, 11:25:05 PM »
Are online monsters tougher? Or is a Jaggi just a Jaggi?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: June 21, 2010, 11:27:24 PM »
Try Amazon for a USB keyboard, I got one for $12 plus no tax and free shipping.

Online monsters are tougher, but you also have more people whacking it besides yourself. They have a lot more health of course, but they are also more aggressive. Other than that, they're the same, with the same attacks and everything

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: June 21, 2010, 11:30:14 PM »
Its up to you. I personally played for 3 days of the offline to get decent armor and weapons. I haven't played offline since I started playing online. Some people go through the offline entirely to get better armor and weapons than people who jump in online real quick. Considering this is your first entry into the series you can search Monster Hunter Wiki and there is lots of info there.

I'm HR26 now and I only really started playing I think on June 6th  I think.Others I have seen are HR 72 who got it back when it launched.

Maxi! You passed my rank!!!! *shakes his fist in anger*
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #883 on: June 21, 2010, 11:33:19 PM »

Maxi! You passed my rank!!!! *shakes his fist in anger*

You want to try and catch up now?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: June 21, 2010, 11:40:02 PM »
I'm up for playing if anyone wants.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #885 on: June 21, 2010, 11:41:47 PM »
I'll be in the usual place.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: June 22, 2010, 12:00:02 AM »
Nah, too tired. Going to bed soon.
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #887 on: June 22, 2010, 02:56:05 AM »
HR28 now and I got some new Ingot armor. I have less than 10,000 in money now but it will be worth it later. Probably going to work on Ice resistant armor next. Then I only need Dragon Resistance armor.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: June 22, 2010, 04:11:52 AM »
I guess it makes sense that you go by that. You are Luxray20 on the other forum. Anyway what HR are you and your favorite weapon to use?

That was the biggest giveaway that helped me draw the connection. I saw Lux and Ryan and was fairly sure it was you. You can do password recovery if you want. But this way you get a different name if that is what you want. I'm just happy to see you back one way or another.

And welcome to the club, Pablo. I jumped online once I got the first set of armor and my first lance. I like going and doing the offline stuff after playing it online because then I'm tougher and know the monsters better so they are much easier and less frustrating.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #889 on: June 22, 2010, 06:23:16 AM »
Stratos if you want to play. I am going to hop on now.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: June 22, 2010, 06:25:53 AM »
Ugh, sorry, I'm really tired and didn't realize how late it is. I have to get up tomorrow. Later tomorrow night might be good. I'm seeing a friend in the evening but after that I will be free.
My Game Collection

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #891 on: June 22, 2010, 06:40:41 AM »
Ok sounds good. :)
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Lux

• View Profile
« Reply #892 on: June 22, 2010, 08:51:59 AM »
Maybe tonight if you got time Maxi you can reach 30 and do some Jhen Morran, Also gotta get Toruresu up to 30!
Forgets things..

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: June 22, 2010, 10:40:09 AM »
Maxi HR28?! I'm a looser aren't I? lol
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: June 22, 2010, 01:22:50 PM »
Think I'm HR 29 or 30 but still haven't finished all of the 3 star quests. I'm probably right about where you are Toruresu.
Mission...complete?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: June 22, 2010, 08:24:57 PM »
HR28 now and I got some new Ingot armor. I have less than 10,000 in money now but it will be worth it later. Probably going to work on Ice resistant armor next. Then I only need Dragon Resistance armor.
I wouldn't bother with ice resistance armour, it isn't worth it. There's only one monster with ice attacks, and that's Barioth. You're also not at a point where you can get good dragon armour. Since you're so close to reaching high-rank, I think that you should just save your money and resources for when you reach that, and need to upgrade all your armours, or make new ones.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: June 22, 2010, 08:40:53 PM »
It's kinda sad that how you can't upgrade some armor right at the first high rank. I had to pull out my old Barroth armor and upgrade that instead of my precious Rathalos set. I started a Rathian set specifically because I wanted some kind of Rath armor on the advanced but I now have a full Barroth set and am close enough to the next level I'll just stay with it until then.
My Game Collection

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #897 on: June 22, 2010, 08:42:32 PM »
Thanks Mop it up for the tip.I saw 2 armors for Dragon resistance.

Lux yeah I think I can play later tonight. What time?

Hmm weapons. I have a fire weapon, a Thunder weapon,a Paralize weapon, 2 water weapons.I think that is it.

Probably need a poison,Ice, and Dragon weapon. Any recomendations?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: June 22, 2010, 08:58:34 PM »
I'm partial to the ice knife myself, it seems better suited for the type of monsters weak to ice.

I'm going to go for the poison lance once I figure out which materials it needs.

I don't know if any dragon weapons can be forged. You have to find rusted weapons from rust shards, and restore them. There's one for every weapon type, so just restore whichever type you like best.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: June 22, 2010, 09:23:12 PM »
The Jhen Mohran Longsword has dragon elemental attacks.
My Game Collection