Author Topic: NWR Monster Hunter Club  (Read 481840 times)

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
Re: NWR Monster Hunter Club
« Reply #800 on: June 11, 2010, 05:38:17 PM »
About to head on now. Never did get that some stuff I needed & blew 10k on a Hell Hunter Jacket which I don't need at all but looks awesome. Gotta make some zenny now...

I retract the statement I said about the Hell Hunter Jacket. With +2 on all elements & 3 slots, it makes an excellent stand in for armor sets that are missing the chest plate after a few upgrades. Just have to remember to properly set those decorations for what you're filling in for. 
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 10:45:02 PM by GK »
Mission...complete?

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: June 11, 2010, 06:02:01 PM »
Anyone else getting the same problem I've been getting? I keep getting paired up by people wanting to take on Jhen Moran that...well frankly have no business trying.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 07:01:51 PM by GK »
Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #802 on: June 11, 2010, 09:22:02 PM »
Well yes you were put with me. I just wanted to see what it was. I was thinking to myself as the cutscene was going on. "What have I gotten myself into." But hey we managed to beat it.  I think now my HR Rank is 16 now. So 2 more levels for the next urgent rank.I upgraded my armor up to 4. I have a -15 weakness to fire so basically any fire attack and I am in danger health. Glad I got my dodges down.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: June 11, 2010, 09:29:01 PM »
I'll probably be on a little later.
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: June 11, 2010, 10:15:21 PM »
lol not you Maxi. Your HR is lower than some of us but you're obvious good at playing. You just need stronger armor next time. Seeing how your deaths were so far apart I guessed you evaded pretty well & just got caught once or twice when he rammed the ship. Talking about players with a mix-match of leather & jaggi parts that I'm not sure can take on Quropeco let alone Jhen Moran. Besides, we did it on the first try while others would die 3 times & try it again & again. Had that happen in 5 seperate cities last night

Yeah, Ludroth is a poor choice against fire. Try Quropeco or the Rhenoplos armor. Quropeco seems to hold up against Rathian. Can wear it against Rathalos too but keep dodging. His fireballs take a bigger chunk out of your life bar.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 10:22:21 PM by GK »
Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #805 on: June 11, 2010, 10:45:16 PM »
Well when you are this low a HR compared to others in the group I got to try and play as best as I can to stay alive so we don't have to start the quest again.

I think I tried getting on Jhen Moran but I wound up in the water so I just stayed on the boat launching cannonballs at it. The projectiles coming from the sky was the main problem. I even got hit by one trying to get back on the boat causing me to die. The other death was the Jhen Moran ramming the boat and me not keeping an eye on it. After I died I tried to find safe spots.Like behind the pole near the cannonballs but that wasn't entirely safe.

I'll try those armor out.Thanks.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: June 12, 2010, 01:26:29 AM »
When it comes to this incoming rocks I typically just stay clear of the cannon balls & weapons. They seem more likely to land there. The front of the ship may or may not be a safe spot from that. I know if I have a cannon ball & those sandfish are on the deck, I'll often stay up there until they pass. They can't swim up the stairs it seems.
Mission...complete?

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: June 12, 2010, 02:33:44 PM »

I think I tried getting on Jhen Moran but I wound up in the water so I just stayed on the boat launching cannonballs at it. The projectiles coming from the sky was the main problem. I even got hit by one trying to get back on the boat causing me to die. The other death was the Jhen Moran ramming the boat and me not keeping an eye on it. After I died I tried to find safe spots.Like behind the pole near the cannonballs but that wasn't entirely safe.

He's got two different swipes, one which hits everything in the front and one which hits almost everything in the back.  If you're near the cannonballs and hugging the railing opposite the beast, you'll be safe from both swipes.  That spot is also safe from most (all?) of the rocks he flings.

Regarding hopping onto him, just make sure that the red triangle has been there for a second or two, since it's prone to lie about when you can hop on.  Realistically though, unless you've got a strong weapon (preferably an ice-or-dragon one) you'll rack up more damage by spamming cannonballs, or hitting his tusks and arms with ballista shots.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: June 14, 2010, 04:41:10 AM »
I'm going to go monster hunting in a bit if anyone cares to join. I really want to target Gigginox, Rathalos and Barroth + for various parts I need.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: June 14, 2010, 08:15:24 AM »
Barroth+? You're that high up the HR already?

Could use loot from all the above but after work I went straight to bed.
Mission...complete?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #810 on: June 14, 2010, 03:31:54 PM »
I did another Jhen Mohran run last night. Some guy popped on our room and just posted a mission for it. Personally, when it's something big like that, I think it's polite to ask the other players if it is ok to do it. Just posting the mission and saying nothing is a little rude and I almost refused. But I decided to try it anyway. I have a couple of his parts I could use.

Barroth+? You're that high up the HR already?

Could use loot from all the above but after work I went straight to bed.

I think Mop it up gets most of the credit for helping me move on. She helped me through my 3* urgent. I'm at 35 or 36 now. It also helped that I liberally chased free hunts since they give you nice HR bonuses.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: June 14, 2010, 07:45:36 PM »
Thank you for the link thatguy. I looked through the armor and I noticed 2 armor with no weaknesses or resistances in the elemental areas.The Guild and Ranger armor. Are these good armor to shoot for?
Elemental weaknesses can be negated in many ways. For starters, if you know you are going to fight a monster who has attacks with your weakness, eat some food that increases the resistance of that element. Additionally, there are items which increase your resistance as well. If it is something common like fire, you could even go so far as to use armour decorations which increase elemental resistance, or be lucky enough to find a charm with +10 resistance to something (even +8 or +9 can help, if you mix it with decorations). Ideally it is good to have a few different armour sets, but it will take a while to create them, and until then, this is the way to go.

However, if you're concerned with having a weakness, it likely means you're getting hit too much. :P

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: June 15, 2010, 12:09:01 AM »
I did another Jhen Mohran run last night. Some guy popped on our room and just posted a mission for it. Personally, when it's something big like that, I think it's polite to ask the other players if it is ok to do it. Just posting the mission and saying nothing is a little rude and I almost refused. But I decided to try it anyway. I have a couple of his parts I could use.

I hear ya. Like I mentioned before some of the people trying didn't stand a chance but sometimes I joined just to mine Jhen Mohran's back while everyone else get themselves killed.
Mission...complete?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: June 15, 2010, 12:52:26 AM »
That's exactly why I'm glad I have the lot of you. In my (admittedly limited) time playing with random people, very few of them have been competent, much less respectful. Unfortunately I sometimes don't have much choice. I'm after Vangis armour, and there are very few people on my list high enough to fight Deviljho. The ones that are, are usually in a room with three other people whenever I log on.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: June 15, 2010, 03:58:34 AM »
I ran into a polite person who requested for us to do Jhen and I praised and thanked him for it. I got the last parts I needed for the Ram Deo or whatever longsword including the elder dragon blood. Very pleased.

Also scored the Ridge+ I needed from Barroth so my Barroth+ armour is set.

I'm at 36 now so I'm getting close to being able to help you. In fact I stupid-crazy enough to be willing to try now. We could do a different quest on the 4:star: ranks where he appears.

My current goal is to get and upgrade the Rathian+ armour until I get to 5:star: where I am assuming I can begin to fight Rathalos so I can boost my Rathalos armour back to a competitive level. I still need a Rathalos Plate for the gauntlets... :P

I also still need an Unnerving Talon.

I discovered that you can use the pointer to drag parts into your hunters book from the forging menu. It then chimes specially when you actually get that part from a carve. Not terribly ground breaking, but it sure boosted my excitement when it chimed as I carved the Barroth Ridge+ I needed. And since it's easy to miss the little '+' it's nice to get an audible confirmation you got the part you needed.

~~
Hopping on in a bit if anyone is game.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 04:37:02 AM by Stratos »
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: June 15, 2010, 08:43:22 PM »
With the E3 dust now settling, will anyone be online tonight?

I'm at 36 now so I'm getting close to being able to help you. In fact I'm stupid-crazy enough to be willing to try now. We could do a different quest on the 4:star: ranks where he appears.
I'm sure you are. Didn't you say you like to rush in and attack any monster like a "hooting barbarian"? Yeah, that's always a good way to get yourself killed. :P Even if the two of us could survive, there isn't enough time to defeat it before the quest time runs out. Deviljho requires four players with at least a lvl 5 weapon... and if at least one person doesn't have a dragon weapon, it is still a rather lengthy fight.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #816 on: June 15, 2010, 08:47:41 PM »
There is the Miyamoto round table later but after that I will be willing to play.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: June 15, 2010, 10:06:11 PM »
I'm on now if anyone wants to join me.  Wisdom 3, Gate 27, City 5.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 11:30:59 PM by Sundoulos »
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #818 on: June 15, 2010, 11:44:24 PM »
Was just going to check who was online.
Today was awesome.All the Nintendo reveals,Lakers won Game 6 thus taking it to a Game 7 on the 17th of June and I get to finish the day off with Monster Hunting with you guys.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: June 15, 2010, 11:46:24 PM »
I'll be on as soon as I grab a snack.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: June 16, 2010, 12:39:40 AM »
I'll be there shortly.
Mission...complete?

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: June 16, 2010, 12:51:10 AM »
Hm. City's full
Mission...complete?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: June 16, 2010, 03:46:43 AM »
Honey, I'm home! Ready for the hunt if anyone is still out and about.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: June 16, 2010, 03:54:47 AM »
Maxi and I are in the usual room if you'd care to join. But I might not be on much longer, so you should hurry.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: June 16, 2010, 03:56:05 AM »
OK, I'll hurry!
My Game Collection