Author Topic: NWR Monster Hunter Club  (Read 480832 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: NWR Monster Hunter Club
« Reply #675 on: May 28, 2010, 09:21:51 PM »
I will. My one of my headlights are out and no one carries the replacement part that I know of, and all the stores are closing. I don't even fully know what kind of bulb it is. Something fancy like a zenon (sp?) I think. I can't get it out either. It's gonna take some work to fix and so I can't drive around tonight. So no picking up extra shifts at work :/
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: May 28, 2010, 09:26:16 PM »
But that's a good thing! It's clear you're being overworked.

What time might you be on?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: May 28, 2010, 09:29:36 PM »
I could be on now if you wanted. I'm just posting and looking around online for clues about what the heck those lights are in my car.
My Game Collection

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: May 28, 2010, 09:37:12 PM »

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: May 28, 2010, 09:38:04 PM »
When all else fails, AutoZone!

I'm ready when you are.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: May 28, 2010, 09:44:14 PM »
OK, I'll hop on now then, I need to get the horrid image of the new white legendary pokemon out of my mind by killing some monsters. And figure out the dilema of whether I should choose the black version to avoid it or choose the white one to force my 11-year-old sister to get the black one so she doesn't get subjected to disturbing innuendo filled imagery.

zenon (sp?)

Xenon.

Thanks, I thought I was spelling it wrong.
My Game Collection

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: May 28, 2010, 10:30:04 PM »
Yeah, I'll probably be on at some point.
Mission...complete?

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: May 29, 2010, 12:28:12 AM »
Thanks a lot guys! I got booted and decided to call it a night.
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: May 29, 2010, 01:05:48 AM »
Thanks a lot guys! I got booted and decided to call it a night.

Was fun finally getting to play with you Toru.

I'm still missing a few of the NWR regulars from my roster. Hopefully that can be rectified at some point.

I'm hopping back on now.
My Game Collection

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: May 29, 2010, 10:17:21 AM »
My bad Jason, Damsel. Usually I quickly Monster Wiki a new(to me) monster or ask before going on a hunt but I forgot that last time & Uragaan seemed to have taken pleasure in that. Pretty sure I already own the proper equipment to beat that thing, just gotta put it on next time.
Mission...complete?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: May 29, 2010, 04:35:19 PM »
S'alright mate, things happen. Uragaan is one of the tougher monsters on the three-star level, it probably wasn't a good idea for me to pick that, but I wasn't really thinking. Plus I was falling asleep, so I wasn't giving it my all.

If I'm not mistaken, the armour you used was weak to fire. Though that isn't too important, because it has only one fire attack, which is easy to avoid if you see it coming. Higher defense is more important.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: May 29, 2010, 05:21:50 PM »
I have more of a problem with forgetting to choose a weapon that can actually damage Uragaan. My Wyvern fire long sword bounces off of him 9 times out of 10.

But now I have a water powered lance. The upgraded form looks totally awesome too. But I need lots of Giginox stuff for it. that's why last night I started wanting to fight it more. I need poison sacks and talon-claw thingies from it.
My Game Collection

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: May 29, 2010, 05:30:27 PM »
Funny thing is my current highest defending armor is also my fire defense one too. I only like the one I had because of the added attack boost.

Anyone try that Gobul event? Taking down Gobul yet still failing because you couldn't find any Goldenfish hurts almost as much as losing via dying.

Quote from: Stratos link=topic=30593.msg611969#msg611969   date=1275168110
  I have more of a problem with forgetting to choose a weapon that can   actually damage Uragaan. My Wyvern fire long sword bounces off of him 9   times out of 10.

But now I have a water powered lance. The upgraded form looks totally   awesome too. But I need lots of Giginox stuff for it. that's why last   night I started wanting to fight it more. I need poison sacks and   talon-claw thingies from it.

One of the weapons I had done was an improved water-hammer actually. Upgraded that one & bought a new one left me too tapped to even pay for that quest. Worse still, I brought the wrong one. >.<

Got the main thing I needed from Giginox but then again those Mega Demon Drugs could come in handy.
Mission...complete?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: May 29, 2010, 05:36:09 PM »
you can make mega demon drugs? Sweet! I assume that's by adding honey? Hope that means you can also make mega Armorskins. I prefer the demon drugs and armorskins because they last longer than the same stat boosting pills.
My Game Collection

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: May 29, 2010, 05:59:08 PM »
Nah, it's Demon Drug combined with some extract from Giginox. I'd tell you how well it worked but I needed it as an ingredient for a hammer upgrade...which I need more money for to actually do.
Mission...complete?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: May 29, 2010, 06:02:48 PM »
You up for some Giginox hunting tonight then? Sounds like were both in the market.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: May 29, 2010, 06:16:36 PM »
Mix Pale Extract (Gigginox reward) with a Demondrug or Armourskin, and you get the Mega version of it.

The effects last until the quest is over or you faint, whichever comes first. Might/Adamant Pills give you a substantially larger boost, but last no longer than a minute I believe.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: May 29, 2010, 06:32:15 PM »
I figured the pills had a stronger effect as a trade off. But I like the others because of their longevity. Then I could use them at the beginning of the mission and probably be good the whole time and free up a much needed item slot.

Do the bonuses stack? Because I could use the drugs at the mission start and the pills (lol, MH is making me a druggie) when I find the monster.
My Game Collection

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: May 29, 2010, 06:46:49 PM »
Yeah, I was wondering if those stacked too. I would get an attack or defense boost from a meal but still take pills/seeds at the start of a quest.

I'm game Stratos. Give me a time & I'll make sure I'm not stuck chatting or something.
Mission...complete?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: May 29, 2010, 07:19:30 PM »
I'm not sure if the bonuses stack, but they might because they work differently. There is a way to find out, though: check your status before you take each item, then check afterward. If your numbers go up, they stack. If not, they don't.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: May 29, 2010, 09:16:24 PM »
Hey I got called into work and since I'm short on cash and hours I'm taking the offer since my car is fixed.

We close at one so I'll probably be home by 2am PST if anyone is still up and willing to play though.
My Game Collection

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: May 29, 2010, 09:51:36 PM »
If I nod off early, I'll probably catch you.
Mission...complete?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: May 30, 2010, 07:02:54 AM »
Got home way too late. I drove home the wrong way after work...no hunting tonight.
My Game Collection

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: May 30, 2010, 09:14:32 AM »
Overslept anyway, no biggy.

Anyone here nail that Shut Up & Fish! event? It's not as hard as it first seemed to me. While worms are in the supply box at first, golden fish bait appears at some point after fishing out Gobul if you don't want to bring your own. Had a plan where I got the fish while the other 3 fought on but they had....other ideas. I left after the 3rd attempt when one of them whipped out their bowgun & shot at Gobul before he could be fished out...
Mission...complete?

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: May 30, 2010, 11:04:16 AM »
I never found it challenging at all.  This isn't the first time it's been available.  All you have to do is bring a little bit of goldenfish bait (which isn't even necessary,) and then kill a Gobul.  When it comes to fishing him out, you use a Frog, which is actually available in area 2, close to its exit to area 4.  Worms are also available there.

Just have someone fish Gobul out right away, before anyone starts doing any fighting, and when he finally leaves the area, have two people fish for Goldenfish.  Take the Goldenfish back, pick up the bait to replace what you used doing the quest, and go where the other people are fighting Gobul.

I can't remember if you need small goldenfish for the quest, though, but whenever I ever needed any, I just brought them with me.  This isn't a quest where you get any exclusive items, so there's no reason to spend much time bothering with it unless you want to just have an extra quest option.