Author Topic: NWR Monster Hunter Club  (Read 480801 times)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: NWR Monster Hunter Club
« Reply #625 on: May 23, 2010, 03:45:51 PM »
I'll probably be on, if I can catch up on my writing before then.

Offline Armak88

• Score: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: May 23, 2010, 04:59:29 PM »
It looks like I'm falling well behind most of you guys :( I'm glad that Sundolos seems to be at the same level as me though. I feel bad holding people up who clearly would rather be working on higher level quests. I just unlocked my level 2 urgent though, and I think Sundolos did as well, so we could probably use some help with that.
"I'm not going to ban you yet just in case you really are a huge fan of bean bag chairs..." - Pale

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #627 on: May 23, 2010, 05:52:58 PM »
It looks like I'm falling well behind most of you guys :( I'm glad that Sundolos seems to be at the same level as me though. I feel bad holding people up who clearly would rather be working on higher level quests. I just unlocked my level 2 urgent though, and I think Sundolos did as well, so we could probably use some help with that.
I'm pretty much at the same point. What time are you going to play? I'd like to help.
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: May 23, 2010, 07:57:31 PM »
Don't worry guys, I just completed the first star quests and I'm only HR6.  I'll need to grind up to HR9 to do the second-level quests, I believe.

I don't think I'll be able to make it on Tuesday, since it's my BIRFDAY!  I'll be out having dinner or drinks or something.

But for those that asked, the Monster Hunter Club meets on Tuesday nights at 7pm Pacific/10pm Eastern.  We typically meet in Wisdom 3, Gate 27, City 5.  Although once you get some people in your friends list it becomes kind of irrelevant, since you can just warp to them.
Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: May 23, 2010, 11:57:59 PM »

Ah don't feel bad, I'm not all that far ahead. Besides, going back means more practice for what lies ahead. Speaking of which I'll have to fight Barroth one or two more times. The last bit of armor I need for his set requires his tail. Somehow I gotta chop that sucker off.
Mission...complete?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #630 on: May 24, 2010, 12:10:20 AM »
I usually try to lop off the tail on all the monsters.

I'll help you guys with the 2-star urgent. You on now?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: May 24, 2010, 02:20:12 AM »
Stratos, Sundoulos
Thanks for trying to help me with the quest.  Sorry for the connection errors.  First time it's happend to me yet.  oh well I'll have to try again some other night. 

« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 12:58:34 PM by apdude »

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: May 24, 2010, 12:30:56 PM »
No problem, apdude.  It's happened to me, too.

In general, I don't have a whole lot of time to play games, and I've been staying up later than I should to play Monster Hunter.  As a result, my overall progress will probably be kind of slow.  Still, even if I'm in a different HR bracket, I'll always be willing to help out on a quest; so, everyone, please don't hesitate to ask (And don't feel bad about it!)   I'll help out if I can. 

The whole reason I decided to play this game was because I wanted to play a people in the NWR community.  I haven't regretted the decision. :)

Besides, Mop It Up, That Guy, Stratos, (and others) have helped me out a LOT.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 04:01:03 PM by Sundoulos »
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: May 24, 2010, 03:23:25 PM »
Half of the game is helping others out. I enjoy it. Besides, it's not like the higher level players don't get nothing out of it. They could at the very least sell the monster drops plus there is the money reward. I always find myself short of cash after I get a new weapon so I need to earn more money either way.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: May 24, 2010, 06:26:06 PM »
Those quests are too easy (read: boring) when using high-level gear, though. As a result, I usually just mess around, or gather stuff, for the first few minutes, and let the lot of you go at it. Though I don't want it to drag on too long, so I step in eventually. Or if someone faints, because I don't want to fail the quest.

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: May 25, 2010, 12:29:09 AM »
When helping with the lower-level quests, I usually just ditch my usual equipment and play around with something new.  I'm learning bow-guns this way, and was considering making a "triumphant" return to the Sword and Shield.  The paralysis and Dragon attacks are so tempting when combined with that attack speed...

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: May 25, 2010, 04:10:08 AM »
I really don't like using the S+S. I enjoy the Longsword, Switch Axe and Lance most. I'm most comfortable with Lance but prefer playing with the mobility granted by the others. I only use the S+S when I go on gather missions because I can stun Kelbi with it. I use the Deadly Knife which has two decoration slots so I max it out with gathering bonuses along with a separate suit of armor that has similar bonuses. I eventually want to craft a 'gather suit' that has gather, speed gather and carving skills attached to it.
My Game Collection

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: May 25, 2010, 06:48:10 AM »
Well the Ranger Armor comes with Speed Gather & Carving Master but it has Horrible Luck.
Mission...complete?

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: May 25, 2010, 12:13:51 PM »
I don't think I'll be able to make it on Tuesday, since it's my BIRFDAY!  I'll be out having dinner or drinks or something.

Happy Birthday, Lindy!

I should make it tonight, but probably not until later, as usual.   It looks like SMG2 is going to be delivered today; it'll hard to resist that if it arrives.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 12:16:33 PM by Sundoulos »
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: May 25, 2010, 02:30:04 PM »
Oh yeah, happy b-day Lindy. Have fun out there.

Well something odd worked in my favor when I got home last night. Never could get that Barroth tail so I had this plan where I would buy, level up, & wear Bone Faulds instead. Drove Lagi off(offline) with it & was able to make some Barroth Faulds when I played online today...have to say I think I'll keep wearing the Bone Faulds. With the decoration slots I edged up enough points to activate the skills of a Barroth set but without the -1 Critical Eye & it has Item Use Up. Not a bad trade off for only sacrificing a few defense & thunder resistance points that I'll make up for as soon as I can get my hands on some Adv. Armor Spheres.
Mission...complete?

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: May 25, 2010, 03:41:40 PM »
I CAN FINALLY PLAY ONLINE!
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: May 25, 2010, 03:48:04 PM »

ZOMG! How? Totally awesome. I'm stoked. Did Capcom finally admit to a problem or did it just work one day?

You available later tonight to play? I'm willing to go through all of the basic missions with you.
My Game Collection

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #642 on: May 25, 2010, 03:53:25 PM »
Happy Birthday Lindy! Tuesdays continue to be my wrench in plans since I have to go out and play photojournalist. Bah!
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: May 25, 2010, 03:55:48 PM »

ZOMG! How? Totally awesome. I'm stoked. Did Capcom finally admit to a problem or did it just work one day?

You available later tonight to play? I'm willing to go through all of the basic missions with you.

The awesome Pro fixed it for me! Yes, I'll be able to play at night. Right now, I'm having trouble connecting to Ryan, but since this almost always happens between me and him, I think it's safe to say I'll be able to connect to you.
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: May 25, 2010, 04:02:29 PM »
What time tonight are you thinking?
My Game Collection

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #645 on: May 25, 2010, 04:09:11 PM »

I admit that Capcom has problems.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: May 25, 2010, 04:48:22 PM »
I've heard that some of those connection issues can be resolved if a mutual host bridges the gap. If I opened up a room in Tri then you and Ryan could join and play no problem. But as soon as I leave then you two will get errors and not be able to play together again. Others have mentioned these workarounds on other sites.

Well done, Pro. you're the hero of the day!
My Game Collection

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: May 25, 2010, 06:01:13 PM »
I've heard that some of those connection issues can be resolved if a mutual host bridges the gap. If I opened up a room in Tri then you and Ryan could join and play no problem. But as soon as I leave then you two will get errors and not be able to play together again. Others have mentioned these workarounds on other sites.

Well done, Pro. you're the hero of the day!

Yeah, thats pretty much what I do with CoD with him.
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline Zoltan

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: May 25, 2010, 06:19:20 PM »
I finally have a weekday where I can stay up to play monster hunter with some NWR guys (since I've always seemed to be called into work on wednesdays) and it just happens to be lindy's birthday.  Oh well, I think It'll still be fun with everyone else.  I havn't posted my Monster hunter ID yet but I plan to after tonight.

will it still be here:

Wisdom3
Gate27
City5

also, is there going to be any passwords up?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: May 25, 2010, 07:04:09 PM »
I only set up passwords if someone is crashing the party.
My Game Collection